ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jeffery Simmons DL Mississippi State
Coogs 06:39 AM 02-13-2019
#12 overall by Kiper. Projected to go #7 to the Jags.

Tore his ACL this weekend.

Do you take a chance on a guy who has top "10" talent who may not play in his first year?
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:25 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I agree with you he has a decent chance of making it to the 3rd. Depending how FA goes, I would be okay with taking him as with one of the late 2nds.

I was more asking the poster why they would trade up (probably requiring both 2nd round picks) to get to the top of the 2nd when you already have a late 1st round pick. Just didn't make sense to me to do that.
I think Simmons value is around 35-45. So, I wouldn't want to take him with the first pick. The history pointed out in the article seems to support that. I wouldn't want the headline to be that we spent our first on him because of the domestic abuse incident and the injury and bc he's not worth a first. But if we could put together a combination of players or picks to get him at around 40. That's what I would do. I think spags will do best with an elite d-line. Simmons could help provide that in time for the playoffs. It's an opportunity to get a rare talent when you need it most.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.acm...al-opportunity
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:07 PM 04-21-2019
Cynthia Freuland just chose him for the Chiefs in the first round on NFLN mock draft.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:43 AM 04-22-2019
It's hard to argue with really; I mean long term thinking is ultimately always better.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up