ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>Brightburn. A horror Superman movie?
Coochie liquor 07:49 PM 12-08-2018
Saw the trailer for this and it looks pretty bad ass!!

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:21 PM 05-15-2019
Another clip.

Weird voices. Or he just had taco bell.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:30 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Why is he making symbols from The greatest American hero?

Believe it or not, I'm walking on balls...
Greatest man-perm EVAR! :-)

[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:41 PM 05-20-2019
[QUOTE=Rausch;14270936]Greatest man-perm EVAR! :-)

I have fond memories of this show when it was on. Mostly from my father liking Robert Culp and constantly saying William Katt needed to get his hair cut. I managed to find a DVD collection at a Dollar Store for about $5. It wasn't nearly as good as I remember it.

Anyway, this looks interesting and more realistic than the fairy tale SuperMan is. Kid feels like an outsider, gets picked on, finds out that he is basically indestructible and gets back at everyone that hurt him. Not really my thing however it might be good.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:59 PM 05-20-2019
I used to watch that show every week when I was a youngster. I don't know if any of you remember, but the TV show was based off of a movie starring John Ritter. I remember going to see it at the theater with my father.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:47 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I used to watch that show every week when I was a youngster. I don't know if any of you remember, but the TV show was based off of a movie starring John Ritter. I remember going to see it at the theater with my father.
Hero at Large. A very good movie and Ritter was great in it.

I don’t think GAH was based on it though? Ritters character had no super powers. He was just an ordinary guy/actor.
[Reply]
FAX 03:14 PM 05-25-2019
This was surprisingly good.

They did a lot with a small budget. Definitely "R-rated", (I suppose ... I didn't check) due to a few fairly intense, violent scenes ... they didn't rely on jump scares, though. I'd like to see what they could have done with a real major release budget, but I wasn't disappointed.

Conceptually, the idea is pretty straight-forward although they added a couple of twists in order to subvert our poor, worn-out expectations some more.

I give this movie 3.5 glass shards out of 5.

FAX
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:49 PM 05-26-2019
9 million box office. Ouch.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:52 PM 05-26-2019
It is really nothing new for comic book fans.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:00 PM 05-26-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
HAHAHAHAHAHA....
[Reply]
New World Order 01:33 PM 05-26-2019
Looks like Village of the Damned meets The Good Son.
[Reply]
Fish 01:24 AM 05-27-2019
I thought it was meh. Definitely some interesting parts. Really cool idea. The suspense and evilness really shined in a few ways. But mostly it made me feel bad for good parents with shitty kids.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:42 AM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don’t know how much the other production companies contributed to the budget but Stagr 6 caps their budgets at $10mm and their P&A at $15mm, though I expect that the spent less on this one. It made $15mm worldwide and with the Sony output deal they’re already halfway to what they need to break-even.

The problem with this movie is they sold it as a big-budget flick when it really in a low-budget indie. It was fine for what it was, but it’s still a low-budget indie.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:52 AM 05-27-2019
I watched the entire season of killing eve dvr'd from a&e yesterday, and brightburn was all over that. I saw a lot of it the last few weeks on mainstream tv too. So someone pumped some marketing budget into it, as well. Had to take a hit there.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:56 AM 05-27-2019
I'll definitely check it out when it hits Netflix or whatever. Certainly doesn't strike me as something I want to waste theater money on, though.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:08 AM 05-27-2019
It feels like a lot of the smaller movies these days like Brightburn and Booksmart just get plowed over by the bigger movies like Aladdin.

Saw Aladdin last night to a packed house. Out of curiosity clicked on a prime time showing of Booksmart and there were maybe 3-4 tickets sold.

Seems like most people just do a “wait for Netflix” for the smaller movies now.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up