ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you sit Mahomes or let him go for the record?
Sit him. Fuck the record. 18 23.08%
Let him play for the first half and throw 2 TDs to own the record. 60 76.92%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hypothetical: Mahomes, HFA and the TD record
The Franchise 03:29 PM 12-06-2018
Here's the scenario.

Chiefs have won out and are 13-2 heading into the Week 17 game against the Raiders....in Arrowhead. We've locked up the #1 seed and HFA. Mahomes is sitting at 54 TDs for the season.....two away from breaking Manning's single season record of 55 TDs.

Would you want Mahomes out there to throw 2 TDs in the first half of the game? Or do you say fuck the record and sit him the entire game?
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:30 PM 12-06-2018
"Yeah Pat, i know you threw 53 Tud's with a game to go. But uh, im scared therefore you have to sit. You can't stamp your name on the greatest season of all time because i'm scurred".

Fuck that.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:34 PM 12-06-2018
Maybe play for a qtr, throw a few bombs and maybe he gets it but records are worthless shit. No way would be play much if at all. Too risky.
[Reply]
wazu 06:40 PM 12-06-2018
Gotta play him if that happens. 2 away? That's like 7 minutes of playing against the Raiders. I normally would be all about sitting players, but a record like that is special. Not just to Mahomes, but to the team and fans.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:45 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by wazu:
Gotta play him if that happens. 2 away? That's like 7 minutes of playing against the Raiders. I normally would be all about sitting players, but a record like that is special. Not just to Mahomes, but to the team and fans.
Agree. Most records aren't really a big deal, but this one is. You don't give a guy an off day when he can break the season HR record. Same here.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 06:48 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Couldn’t care less about the record, BUT... I wouldn’t want him sitting for 2 full weeks before the divisional round. So yeah, let him play a half and see what happens.
^
[Reply]
Valiant 12:07 AM 12-07-2018
I want no part of sitting him if we are 13 and 2. Fuck that record. For for 14. Probably need 14 for hfa anyway.
[Reply]
Best22 12:09 AM 12-07-2018
In order for him to sit in week 17, New England would have to lose twice, Houston would (likely) have to lose once, and KC would have to win out at 13-2.

All of those things seem unlikely and I think the Raiders game will be a must win
[Reply]
DRM08 12:10 AM 12-07-2018
I don't think the Patriots and Texans will allow the Chiefs to take it easy in the final game.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:17 AM 12-07-2018
If he gets injured in a game that doesn't matter you guys will be calling for Reid's head and it will be the biggest BECAUSE CHIEFS of all time.

If we have HFA locked up you don't let him near the field. Period.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:19 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
In order for him to sit in week 17, New England would have to lose twice, Houston would (likely) have to lose once, and KC would have to win out at 13-2.

All of those things seem unlikely and I think the Raiders game will be a must win
NE only has to lose at Pittsburgh and we have a one game cushion on them.

Not sure about tiebreakers vs. Houston in that scenario if they win the next three. I think Texans lose at Eagles. They could lose to the Colts at home this weekend.

Don't see them losing at Jets or to the suddenly pathetic Jags.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:37 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:

If the Chiefs go 13-2 they need both the Patriots and Texans to lose at least one game each to have the one seed locked up in the final week. At 13-3 it looks like the Texans have the tie breaker if we lose to the Raiders. If we have one loss to the Seahawks we have the tie breaker should the Chiefs and Texans finish at 13-3 if the Patriots lose one game. So in that scenario we would still need the final game against the Raiders. Quite a lot has to happen to lock up the one seed before the final game.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:51 AM 12-07-2018
has their ever been a chiefs qb, that had the last week of the regular season off, have a first round bye, and won?

if not, sit him :-)

i joke, im torn honestly... purely from injury factor, i would sit him. let's eliminate this debate, and he has it wrapped up in the second to last game :-)
[Reply]
007 02:56 AM 12-07-2018
What is the playoff and superbowl record of teams that rest their starters when locking up their playoff spot early? I've never been a fan of resting players.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:03 AM 12-07-2018
We've been to 5 playoff games in the Reid era and I'm not sure Houston has been healthy for any of them. Also Maclin was hurt for a couple. DJ got hurt right before the playoffs. And then of course every playoff game we get 2-3 concussions.

I can see why you'd want to rest people.
[Reply]
jaa1025 03:26 AM 12-07-2018
Luckily for Mahomes sake, the chance the Chiefs lock up the #1 seed or even a bye going into the final week is extremely low. It's going to go down to week 17. Hell, the AFCW possibly won't be decided until week 17 if the Chiefs lose to the Chargers.

Somehow, if it did come down to that, you let Mahomes get the record. No brainer. He may never get another chance and it would top the most impressive season for a QB in history. It will also reward the rest of the offense to be a part of something this great.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up