ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>VR Headset
malachi47000 10:17 AM 12-06-2018
SO my son wants to play fortnite on VR. He has been playing it on XBOX One up to now and I wanted to get him something for christmas. I just updated my phone to the Pixel 3 and he gets my Galaxy S7.

My questions are I know that some headsets like the Samsung Gear are great but I own one and the phone got really hot after using it only for a short while. What is the best headset for heat dissipation that allows continuous use, allows the use of a Galaxy S7 (which supposed to have fortnite available for download on it), and best way to accomplish him being able to play fortnite on VR. We have the consoles Xbox One and PS4 however I think they aren't true virtual reality, only the "movie theater" experience...Want true VR in gameplay.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 02:27 PM 12-06-2018
I am not very versed in VR systems but I imagine that the phone you have will overheat no matter which VR headset you get.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:13 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
RoboRecall is a free game and still blew my mind. Heck even flying around google earth vr like Superman is an amazing experience. What other games are you playing on the rift?
My current favorites are:

Beat Saber - Amazing rythm game like guitar hero but with lightsabers that break notes in a specific direction. User uploaded mods with real songs make the game the best rythm game ever.

In Death - Rogue Lite (random levels, permanent death) with bow and arrow mechanics and a clever teleport system (your arrows sub as movement) with you fighting against demons in purgatory. My current favorite game

Space Pirate Trainer - Best dual weilding waveshoot IMO. I play it more than Robo Recall, which is also great.

Pavlov - Its counterstrike in VR. It plays as fun as it sounds.

Eleven Table Tennis - Gives you about 90% the feel of playing real table tennis. Very fun
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 04:18 PM 12-06-2018
Good stuff, thanks BB
[Reply]
jjjayb 04:46 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
My current favorites are:

Beat Saber - Amazing rythm game like guitar hero but with lightsabers that break notes in a specific direction. User uploaded mods with real songs make the game the best rythm game ever.

In Death - Rogue Lite (random levels, permanent death) with bow and arrow mechanics and a clever teleport system (your arrows sub as movement) with you fighting against demons in purgatory. My current favorite game

Space Pirate Trainer - Best dual weilding waveshoot IMO. I play it more than Robo Recall, which is also great.

Pavlov - Its counterstrike in VR. It plays as fun as it sounds.

Eleven Table Tennis - Gives you about 90% the feel of playing real table tennis. Very fun
I agree on all the above. Especially In Death. Great game. Make sure you check out Contractors when it comes out this month. I've been playing the beta for the last couple weeks and it's awesome! It's a 5vs5 fps that's very well done. Very polished already for being a closed beta.

Some other games I'd recommend:

Alien Isolation with the Mother vr mod.
Echo Arena
racing games like Dirt Rally or Project Cars 2
Onward
Doom 3 BFG editon with VR mod. (I like it better than the official VR doom 3 game)
Arktika
[Reply]
Bump 05:41 PM 12-06-2018
I received a PS VR for free and tried it once and never used it again. Got some serious motion sickness and it wasn't that cool.
[Reply]
jjjayb 06:03 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Bump:
I received a PS VR for free and tried it once and never used it again. Got some serious motion sickness and it wasn't that cool.
Some games can do that when you first use it. When I got my rift I had a couple games make me motion sick. I put them down and just played games I was comfortable with for a few weeks. Now I can play the ones that made me sick with no issues. You just have to get your sea legs. It's worth it. I don't play many pancake games anymore. Most of my gaming time over the last year has been in VR.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up