ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith suffering serious complications.
Sassy Squatch 09:52 AM 12-06-2018
[Bickel] Hearing from several different people over last few days that Alex Smith is having devastating complications from his broken leg surgery battling infection. Supposedly he's had multiple surgeries to try to combat infection. Chances of him playing again in real jeaopardy.

This fucking sucks.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:37 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Who the **** down voted all of the positive thoughts in this thread? Bad, very bad, form!
That's what I was wondering. Like every single comment, LOL.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:39 AM 12-06-2018
It was a compound fracture, which increases the likelihood of osteomyelitis, as well as the introduction of gram negative bugs. He's no doubt getting bombarded.
[Reply]
loochy 11:40 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It was a compound fracture, which increases the likelihood of osteomyelitis, as well as the introduction of gram negative bugs. He's no doubt getting bombarded.
He probably has the world's worst diarrhea right now.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:42 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Depends on what you mean by long term. If he has osteo, he'll get at least six weeks of IV antibiotics. If they already placed hardware, his infection risk goes up substantially because the surfaces are, for lack of a better term, sticky.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 12-06-2018
Depends on what you mean by long term. If he has osteo, he'll get at least six weeks of IV antibiotics. If they already placed hardware, his infection risk goes up substantially because the surfaces are, for lack of a better term, sticky.
We had a family member die two days ago from this exact thing. Compound fracture, screwed back together, got infected and advanced into septic shock.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:50 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
hospitals are giant germ factories.

sucks
Humans are germ factories. There are more bacteria in and on your body than human cells.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:53 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
Awful to hear.

I know Gronk had some similar issues with his arm and they got that figured out
Fuck WWE Gronk and his elbow drops in a cast.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:56 AM 12-06-2018
Damn. That sucks. Wish him all the best.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:59 AM 12-06-2018
That's too bad, Alex Smith is a good guy. At this point, i just hope that he can walk normally and live a relatively pain-free life. I think his career is done. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 12:00 PM 12-06-2018
In the dental field they've started working with different coatings for implants to try and reduce this. Usually dental follows medical so I'm guessing they're doing it there as well.

Either way, it's a long recovery.
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We had a family member die two days ago from this exact thing. Compound fracture, screwed back together, got infected and advanced into septic shock.
Damn dude, that sucks.

Were they by chance diabetic as well?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Damn dude, that sucks.

Were they by chance diabetic as well?
Nope. And only 46 years old. Not a close family member and I don't know all the details. I can only assume that we wasn't paying close enough attention to the warning signs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:05 PM 12-06-2018
[Rapoport] More on #Redskins QB Alex Smith: He’s had several procedures, sources say, and @MikeGarafolo adds they are removing tissue to clear the infection. Smith still approaches this with optimism about playing. Note: His hospital room was next to Colt McCoy’s during McCoy’s 1-night stay
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:07 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The infection gets into the blood, you are in real, don't fool around danger to your life. Even if your already in a hospital like Alex, its not a guarantee that you make it. But, I dont see anything, anywhere that he's septic yet.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:13 PM 12-06-2018
Gram negative bacteremia can kill you in 12 hours.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up