ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith suffering serious complications.
Sassy Squatch 09:52 AM 12-06-2018
[Bickel] Hearing from several different people over last few days that Alex Smith is having devastating complications from his broken leg surgery battling infection. Supposedly he's had multiple surgeries to try to combat infection. Chances of him playing again in real jeaopardy.

This fucking sucks.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:01 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
All I did was remind him that sometimes bad things happen to people you don't like, and when it does that doesn't mean you were wrong for not liking that guy.

Not what you said, SpiNdeRella.

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:14 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Not what you said, SpiNdeRella.

:-)
Yes it is.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:19 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
This is so sad. Five surgeries and severe infection from what I’ve read. Likely career ending and he may never walk on a healthy leg again. So if any of you sociopathic f*#kers on this forum who wished him ill will (and you know who you are) are still following this and other post injury threads, I wish you nothing but the worst.
So you are so upset by all this that you do the exact same thing that you are upset about others doing....Pot Kettle black much. Nice of you to out yourself as a Sociopath.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:35 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yes it is.
No it's not.

You saractically stated that words on the internet caused this, not that it happened because you didn't like the guy.

...which is funny in itself, because you don't even know him.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:43 PM 12-07-2018
Hope he gets well...people can disagree about the player he was but he's a good man and tough as nails..im sure he'll recover. .
[Reply]
njchiefs 09:16 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So you are so upset by all this that you do the exact same thing that you are upset about others doing....Pot Kettle black much. Nice of you to out yourself as a Sociopath.
Fair point. I misspoke. For clarification: There is a difference between wishing someone ill will out of anger, or in jest when you know that such a silly gesture will never truly injure that someone, and revelling in someone’s suffering when it actually occurs. You know what I meant, and I clarified this in subsequent posts. Those that saw the video of that horrible, truly horrible injury and laughed and cheered in threads here are likely sociopaths because they lack empathy for human suffering. My initial comment was out of anger because this injury may now cost him his health, not just his career, and some here are probably happy about that because he was not the QB of their dreams. That is just so f*#ked up. Understand now?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:49 PM 12-07-2018
Damn........Best wishes to Alex. He is a good guy and doesn’t deserve this.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:57 PM 12-07-2018
Oh, so THIS is where all the friday night action is...
[Reply]
PHOG 10:05 PM 12-07-2018
Get well soon
[Reply]
BottomShelfBoose 10:26 PM 12-07-2018
I won't lie, he re-sparked my interest in football after that 9-0 start in 2013.. I was casual but got in deeper than I thought i would.

Get well dude.
[Reply]
007 04:19 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I sent an email to the Chiefs about having the fans sign a get well soon card for Alex at the Chargers game. I think they'd have enough time between now and Thursday to pull that off.
That would be pretty cool.
[Reply]
scho63 06:41 AM 12-08-2018
Many of us may have hated him and Cassel and the rest of our motley QB's over the years for their performance on the field but very little to none of us wished this upon him.

He is a great guy and wish him the best in recovery. Whole ordeal sounds horrific!

I am surprised as he was probably in a top notch hospital and sounds like a real fluke.

Get well soon Alex and GBlowfish'es idea of a giant card signed by all the Chiefs fans at the Chargers home game on Thursday night is a wonderful idea.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:47 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by BottomShelfBoose:
I won't lie, he re-sparked my interest in football after that 9-0 start in 2013.. I was casual but got in deeper than I thought i would.

Get well dude.
I won’t lie. He ruined my chiefs experience for the last 5 years. 1-5 pretty much summed It up.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:54 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
I won’t lie. He ruined my chiefs experience for the last 5 years. 1-5 pretty much summed It up.
I love you./no homo
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:10 AM 12-08-2018
It’s terrible news. I hated Alex Smith, Chiefs QB, but he’s a good person and I never would have wished something like this on him.

MRSA and it’s equivalents - what it sounds like he has - are no joke.

It’s things like this that make antibiotic stewardship so important. Overprescribing antiobiotics is leading to more and more antibiotic resistant strains of things, which make all surgeries much more dangerous.

He has a few things going for him... top-notch medical care, great health before the injury, and the money to get whatever treatment is needed. But still needs some good luck to come out of this without losing quality of life.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up