ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cleveland PD Launch Investigation Into How NFL Obtained Kareem Hunt's Police Video
BlackOp 01:44 AM 12-06-2018
https://deadspin.com/report-clevelan...nfl-1830895837
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:30 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Someday you might post something that proves you possess the ability for individual thought..

Until then...you will continue attacking the messenger. It's a very popular technique on this forum. Add no real opinion or rebuttal...just say "you're dumb, I'm smart".

You're a Donk homer on a Chiefs forum...I dont really need to go into detail how sad that is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:35 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
If Elmer Fudd accidentally shoots Daffy Duck when it's actually Rabbit Season, is Bugs Bunny liable because of the confusion caused by Daffy and Bugs arguing on which season was currently active? Deformation of character?

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:53 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
No. He doesn't have a case and he can't win. He has no expectation of privacy in a public hallway. End of story. He got caught along with multiple incidents of abusing other citizens. He needs to be in jail.
Not that he would have a case anyway, but is the hallway really public?

Although you can frequently just walk in and take the elevator, most hotels have policies restricting access to the guest rooms.

He doesn't have the same expectation of privacy as being inside his own room but I think it would be more than a city sidewalk.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:00 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Not that he would have a case anyway, but is the hallway really public?

Although you can frequently just walk in and take the elevator, most hotels have policies restricting access to the guest rooms.

He doesn't have the same expectation of privacy as being inside his own room but I think it would be more than a city sidewalk.
I'm 99% sure a hallway inside of a privately owned hotel is not a public space.

It's not rented to Kareem either, so it's not HIS private space.

It's the hotel's privates space, unless we nationalized hotels across the country when I wasn't paying attention.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:02 PM 12-06-2018
TMZ is guilty of defecation of character.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I'm 99% sure a hallway inside of a privately owned hotel is not a public space.

It's not rented to Kareem either, so it's not HIS private space.

It's the hotel's privates space, unless we nationalized hotels across the country when I wasn't paying attention.
This.

It's possible the hotel could have a case against TMZ and whoever gave them the video.

It doesn't help Kareem Hunt AT ALL.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:25 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

If some disgruntled Universal employee leaks a movie...you cant take that media and distribute it for profit just because you have access to it. It's not yours..
Yes, but you’re making this out to be a black and white thing. A “reasonable person” who was given access to a movie pre-release and plastered it all over the internet for their own personal gain is one thing. A “reasonable person” understands Universal isn’t in the business of making movies and releasing them on the internet through third parties who don’t pay them.

But a “reasonable person” could receive the Hunt tape from a representative of the hotel and have no expectation for its use. Consider: what if the guy from the hotel - instead of selling it to TMZ - just put it up on his own website. Does Hunt have a claim against him? Absolutely not. The hotel though would for breach of employment contract.

You make me laugh, BlackOp, but I think your conspiracy game is better than your legal game. Back to Roswell! :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:41 PM 12-06-2018
I may care if this meant he could come back on the team.
But since it doesn't---
good luck.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 03:51 PM 12-06-2018
This is Dorsey. 100% revenge by him. He had to have paid for the tapes and then released them to TMZ. BUT, when you do that there is a trail of people. What happens when they find out who is really behind this. Will he lose his job? Will he lose all credibility?
[Reply]
Flying High D 04:20 PM 12-06-2018
Dorsey to slick for all that.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 04:34 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Dorsey to slick for all that.
We shall see. Much slicker people have been betrayed by those they paid. We shall see.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 04:45 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Are you laughing because you think that video isn't stolen.....and the hotel's private surveillance tapes are public domain? They arent...

An example of this was the Alaska earthquake...and someone took a great photo of the cracked road. Someone from CBS corporate immediately contacted them them and asked if they could have permission to use the photo. They cant just steal media and use it for profit.

In this case...broadcasting said stolen media actual is causing damage. TMZ knew they didn't have the hotel's permission to possess/use it.

If someone filmed that hallway on their cellphone and sold it to TMZ...that's a different situation.
I suppose the copyright holder could conceivably sue under copyright law. TMZ would then claim fair use, presumably, and they'd probably win because they're a news outlet using only a snippet of the complete work—the complete work being a long ass video of an empty hallway where Kareem Hunt usually isn't committing an act of violence against the chick he brutalized briefly.

Either way, Kareem Hunt, the Chiefs, the NFL and BlackOp's hurt butt would not be parties to the lawsuit.

Disclosure: I am not an attorney of any sort, but I worked in the news business for several years. I have a newsroom familiarity with copyright and fair use.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:48 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
More like MOSSAD
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 04:49 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
If Elmer Fudd accidentally shoots Daffy Duck when it's actually Rabbit Season, is Bugs Bunny liable because of the confusion caused by Daffy and Bugs arguing on which season was currently active? Deformation of character?

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:50 PM 12-06-2018
bahahaha all of you suggesting Hunt and or the hotel would try and sue...

1) Hotel chain would get serious PR backlash for suing someone for the release of a video that resulted in the [eventual] arrest of someone committing an ugly violent crime on their property.

2) Hunt is already in deep shit, but the door hasn't shut on a return to the NFL. Sueing someone for turning him in after what he did...nah, Hunt would get murdered in the media for it after he [Poor IMO] public apology.

3) Even if he had an angle, the law isn't so black and white. He'll get his, and no-one will try hard to make any loophole work for him. You did it, we saw the evidence, the crime was too malicious and public for anyone to let down now.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up