ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 35
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens.
Direckshun 12:34 AM 12-03-2018
The Ravens are a uniquely weird team in Week 14 of the NFL season.

They're weird because their QB position is a great unknown.

Joe Flacco is, of course, the world's most underwhelming Super Bowl MVP, and has sucked this year. We know who he is, we have millions of hours of underwhelming tape to depressingly watch. And he returned to practice this week, but did not play, Eric Berry style.

But that might change. He may see the field.

Which is interesting, because their backup QB, Lamar Jackson, a 1st round selection by the Ravens (albeit with the 32nd pick), is a very weird player. He runs, and runs, and runs with the ball. His completion percentage is a not-terrible 60%. And he's only played three weeks, so tape on him is slim.

We know this: he is fast, he is not afraid to run the ball, and he's a damn gazelle when he does.

The good news: we can probably spy him. His weapons are bleak. Alex Collins is his #1 RB, and he's averaging 3.6 yards a carry. His #1 receiver is John Brown, who initially looked like Tyreek Hill when he first hit the league, but has since statistically slowed down and is now just a good receiver with very difficult speed to account for. Michael Crabtree is their #2 alongside Willie Snead, and Tyreek Hill has more yardage than both of those guys combined, but Crabtree has had good games against us in the past.

As a result, the Ravens are still somehow 13th in the league in yardage, they are averaging 25 points a game.

The Ravens have good pass protection, as they've only given up like 25 sacks or something like that. Ronnie Stanley is their LT.

But really, the Ravens offense wins by trying to run the ball, passing decently, and then letting Lamar Jackson get creative.

As far as the defense is concerned.................. biggest test of the year right here folks.

#1 rated defense in yardage (they're allowing under 300 yards/game).
#1 rated defense in points (they're allowing 17 points/game).

I think it's safe to say we're going to beat those averages but they should still slow us down pretty significantly. I don't know if Patty will have another 4 TD game here.

The Ravens get good pressure on the QB -- they're 9th in the league in sacks, and the pressure comes from everywhere. Suggs has always played well against us but he only has 5.5 this year. They blitz a good amount.

Simply put, the Ravens pass defense will be the biggest challenge Mahomes faces all year. They're allowing under 200 yards passing all season. Eric Weddle is a goddamn general at the back of their defense, and they've got a solid corner or two despite the fact that none of their corners are true ballhawks. Brandon Carr will make a rare appearance against the Chiefs, which is whatever, but he's apparently playing well.

The Ravens have a mean defensive line, and maybe the meanest NT in the league in Brandon Williams. I'm willing to bet they drop everyone in coverage, smother Kelce, and dare Spencer Ware to beat their DL. That's a very tall order, and I don't think our run game is up to the challenge. Mahomes will need to tap every ounce of his MVP talent to get yardage.

In special teams, they have arguably the greatest kicker in modern NFL history in Justin Tucker. They've had one punt return for a TD.

They're 7-5. They're on a three game win streak. Lamar Jackson has started all three games.

Their wins: Bills, Broncos, @Steelers, @Titans, Bengals (no Dalton), Raiders, @Falcons
Losses: @Bengals (Dalton), @Browns, Saints, @Panthers, Steelers

That schedule is all over the place. They beat Pitt in Pitt, but pathetically lose to the Browns. The most damning game on the schedule is the Saints game, where they only lost by a point.

How is this team so good? I've asked before. They have no elite talent on offense and are still racking up yardage and point. They have a damn good defense but don't intercept the ball and they don't have any sack masters like the Chiefs do.

What is going on?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:20 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol yea because our defense is the same on the road as it is at home

:-)
Yeah, our defense has never collapsed at home in important games.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:25 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, our defense has never collapsed at home in important games.
Lol yea because THAT’S what I was saying

Anybody that can’t see the difference in the 2018 defense at home vs. on the road is fucking clueless, sorry.
[Reply]
terp1976 08:27 AM 12-03-2018
Hello Chiefs fan. I am reading this thread and the only thing I would add is with Flacco we would lose by 20+ because we cant covert third downs with him. With Lamar its a different ballgame and the time of possession is a huge factor. Yesterday the ravens had the ball for 13 minutes in the third qtr and 10 minutes in the 4th. Only shot we have is to hope that we can keep the Chief's offense on the sideline. Hope its a competitive game!
[Reply]
carcosa 08:31 AM 12-03-2018
Chiefs will win.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:33 AM 12-03-2018
Lol yea because THAT’S what I was saying

Anybody that can’t see the difference in the 2018 defense at home vs. on the road is fucking clueless, sorry.
:-) "But guys, they've been so good at home in 2018! They went let us down. :-)"

Newsflash: We haven't played an offense worth fucking shit at Arrowhead yet this season.

49ers
Jaguars
Broncos
Bengals
Cardinals

I'm supposed to be impressed that we've stopped such titans of offense at home? :-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Frosty 08:37 AM 12-03-2018
I watched the Atlanta game yesterday. Baltimore's offense is basically the triple option. Jackson's passes were mainly him running around until someone got open. He also put the ball on the ground a couple of times, once by just dropping it while scrambling.

Baltimore's D looked legit. They would stack the line almost every down and either bring everyone or drop into coverage underneath. If Atlanta picked them up, the underneath stuff, particularly to the TE, was wide open. They looked vulnerable to crossing patterns and draw plays. They also rake at the ball every tackle and forced a lot of drops because of it.

That's all based off yesterday, though. Atlanta has a good offense but they aren't very good overall. I would rather face Flacco because I think Ford and Houston could get to him easier. Jackson worries me because the Chiefs' d has been fairly vulnerable to QB runs.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:40 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) "But guys, they've been so good at home in 2018! They went let us down. :-)"

Newsflash: We haven't played an offense worth ****ing shit at Arrowhead yet this season.

49ers
Jaguars
Broncos
Bengals
Cardinals

I'm supposed to be impressed that we've stopped such titans of offense at home? :-):-):-):-):-)
Yea because the Ravens offense is any better

I’m not saying the defense won’t possibly cost us against an offense like the Chargers at home, but the Ravens? Give me a ****ing break.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:42 AM 12-03-2018

Im not saying the defense won’t cost us against an offense like the Chargers at home, but the Ravens? Give me a fucking break.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:44 AM 12-03-2018

I’m not saying the defense won’t possibly cost us against an offense like the Chargers at home, but the Ravens? Give me a ****ing break.
They gave up 26 points in a half to one of the worst offensive units in football.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:45 AM 12-03-2018
The Ravens only managed 1 Offensive TD and 4 field goals against Atlanta. I don’t see their offense keeping up with ours unless we turn the ball over.

At the end of the day, we have the better QB, coach, and we’re at home. I don’t care about margin of victory at all.
[Reply]
old_geezer 08:45 AM 12-03-2018
Let me first say I love the fact that we have Mahomes as our QB. He is far exceeding my expectations for his first year as a starter. However yesterday I thought he looked more like the rookie he actually is instead of the polished QB he will eventually become. Oakland missed 2 (more like 3) golden opportunities for interceptions and Pat seemed to miss several very open receivers. He is a first year starter and he's going to have games like this on occasion (295 yards and 4 TDs is one hell of an impressive off game) so I do worry more than I should. Just chalk it up to a long suffering Chief's fan having troubles shaking off the past.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:54 AM 12-03-2018
Chiefs open as 8.5pt favorites.

Originally Posted by :
Opening line: Chiefs, -8.5 points

Although the Chiefs have been the best AFC team at covering the spread this year (8-3-1), they're 0-1 ATS without Kareem Hunt. They're also just 1-3-1 ATS in their past five games. As for the Ravens, they've won three in a row since Lamar Jackson took over as starting quarterback (2-1 ATS). One thing we don't know is who will be the Ravens starter in Kansas City. Ravens coach John Harbaugh could decide to give the starting job back to Joe Flacco. This game will mark the fifth time that the Ravens have been an underdog of a touchdown or more under Harbaugh. In the prior four games, the Ravens went 0-4 straight-up and 1-3 ATS.

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:01 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by :
they're 0-1 ATS without Kareem Hunt

0-1?!?! It's a trend!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:02 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Ravens only managed 1 Offensive TD and 4 field goals against Atlanta. I don’t see their offense keeping up with ours unless we turn the ball over.

At the end of the day, we have the better QB, coach, and we’re at home. I don’t care about margin of victory at all.
This.

Their defensive scheme is sound and they’re good, but Mahomes will extend enough plays to put up points. Their run D isn’t great.

Their offense at Arrowhead is not a concern IMO.
[Reply]
Best22 09:07 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Let me first say I love the fact that we have Mahomes as our QB. He is far exceeding my expectations for his first year as a starter. However yesterday I thought he looked more like the rookie he actually is instead of the polished QB he will eventually become. Oakland missed 2 (more like 3) golden opportunities for interceptions and Pat seemed to miss several very open receivers. He is a first year starter and he's going to have games like this on occasion (295 yards and 4 TDs is one hell of an impressive off game) so I do worry more than I should. Just chalk it up to a long suffering Chief's fan having troubles shaking off the past.
Every QB has dropped “would be” interceptions

That said, Mahomes was extremely aggressive yesterday, more than usual.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 35
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up