ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 25
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs targeted, but by who?
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:40 AM 12-01-2018
5 weeks left in the season and then playoffs. The release of the video was a deliberate conspiracy to sabatoge the Chiefs season knowing this would be an automatic 6 game exemption. With the underhanded things the Patriots have been caught doing in the past, it would make a person wonder.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:03 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Let's play. So, why would the NFL push to elevate certain teams over others... big market love? It's all about money, right?

We all agree there are crappy calls and bad officials. The disconnect comes from the grand conspiracy.

The NFL ignored LA for a very long time. All of a sudden, they want to pump up the two teams there? I get the narrative around the stadium funding, I'm just not buying it.

Look at the Dallas Cowboys. Biggest franchise and global fan base in the history of the league.

The Cowboys are 2-8 since the 1998 season, never winning anything greater than a wildcard game since the 1995 SuperBowl.

23 years since their last SB win and only 3 playoff wins in that span.
Only 7 double digit win seasons in that span.

Why would the NFL not make the Cowboys more relevant during the past quarter century? Ratings, marketing, dollars ... all the components are there.

So, why?
For the record, I don't neccessarily buy into the whole 'conspiracy' thing, but I'll play devils advocate for a minute.

Why would the league need to prop up the Cowboys? They have the largest national following of any team in the league (have since the 70's). People will follow them regardless of whether they're winning or losing. It doesn't matter. Where would you rank Elliott and Prescott in the rank of NFL players? Among the Top 5 in the NFL? Probably not, right? Yet, they are 2 of the Top 5 selling jerseys in the NFL over the last few years. People love Dallas and will support them.

Now, with that, it's not a stretch to say that LA does not exactly have a 'devoted' fanbase when it comes to football teams. It's been proven in the past and probably will be again at some point in the future. BUT the NFL very much wants football to succeed in LA. It would mean a LOT financially for the league. New stadiums are being built, new fanbases are being created and trying to be 'won over'. I'm not saying it's a 'conspiracy', mind you, but its naive to think the NFL doesn't have a vested interest in success in the LA markets and it wouldn't shock me IF they steered things to make that happen. It wouldn't be the first time a major professional sports league has done that with an 'expansion' franchise. It's good business for the NFL and for all the owners to have two successful teams in LA, especially now.

Also, keep an eye on the Raiders the next couple years and what happens with them. Regardless of whether you believe in conspiracies or not, there are ALWAYS agendas in play . . . . . .
[Reply]
Fish 09:20 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
For the record, I don't neccessarily buy into the whole 'conspiracy' thing, but I'll play devils advocate for a minute.

Why would the league need to prop up the Cowboys? They have the largest national following of any team in the league (have since the 70's). People will follow them regardless of whether they're winning or losing. It doesn't matter. Where would you rank Elliott and Prescott in the rank of NFL players? Among the Top 5 in the NFL? Probably not, right? Yet, they are 2 of the Top 5 selling jerseys in the NFL over the last few years. People love Dallas and will support them.

Now, with that, it's not a stretch to say that LA does not exactly have a 'devoted' fanbase when it comes to football teams. It's been proven in the past and probably will be again at some point in the future. BUT the NFL very much wants football to succeed in LA. It would mean a LOT financially for the league. New stadiums are being built, new fanbases are being created and trying to be 'won over'. I'm not saying it's a 'conspiracy', mind you, but its naive to think the NFL doesn't have a vested interest in success in the LA markets and it wouldn't shock me IF they steered things to make that happen. It wouldn't be the first time a major professional sports league has done that with an 'expansion' franchise. It's good business for the NFL and for all the owners to have two successful teams in LA, especially now.

Also, keep an eye on the Raiders the next couple years and what happens with them. Regardless of whether you believe in conspiracies or not, there are ALWAYS agendas in play . . . . . .
The NFL didn't pay for the new stadium. It's completely unnecessary for them to prop up any team. They will make money regardless of where the team is.
They have profit sharing explicitly for that purpose. The entire NFL is making record profit. Do they have a vested interest in seeing their teams succeed?
Sure. Would they risk their cash cow in a giant complex conspiracy just to try and nudge games? LOL, no. This is dumb.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:21 AM 12-04-2018
If the league's endgame is an all-LA Super Bowl, the first step is getting the Chargers the division. This will mean we'll have to lose to the Chargers and at least one other game. They'd probably prefer it if we lost to Baltimore first, since then a loss to the Chargers a week later would put us a full game back and probably fuck us in tie-breaking scenarios.

We'll get flagged for anything and everything on Sunday, the Ravens will get away with murder, and the following Thursday, even though we'll all say it can't get any worse, they'll find a way.

I hope Pat's up for the challenge.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:29 AM 12-04-2018

Look at the Dallas Cowboys. Biggest franchise and global fan base in the history of the league.

The Cowboys are 2-8 since the 1998 season, never winning anything greater than a wildcard game since the 1995 SuperBowl.

Why would the NFL not make the Cowboys more relevant during the past quarter century? Ratings, marketing, dollars ... all the components are there.

So, why?
Just my opinion but I think a lot of it goes back to 1995

In response to the lawsuit, Jones and the Cowboys filed a motion to dismiss. This motion was granted in part. Then, Jones took a big risk: He filed a $750 million antitrust lawsuit against the league. It was this legal maneuver that put the Cowboys on the ground to becoming the most valuable NFL franchise. In 2013, Forbes valued the team at a league-wide high of $2,300 million.

Full article here

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciaj.../#d0cd12278121
[Reply]
TEX 09:33 AM 12-04-2018
Let's play. So, why would the NFL push to elevate certain teams over others... big market love? It's all about money, right?

We all agree there are crappy calls and bad officials. The disconnect comes from the grand conspiracy.

The NFL ignored LA for a very long time. All of a sudden, they want to pump up the two teams there? I get the narrative around the stadium funding, I'm just not buying it.

So, why?
Are you really asking this question??? It starts with Jerry and ends with Jones.
The Cowboys are still relevant regardless, as you have illustrated by using them in your example.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:36 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If the league's endgame is an all-LA Super Bowl, the first step is getting the Chargers the division. This will mean we'll have to lose to the Chargers and at least one other game. They'd probably prefer it if we lost to Baltimore first, since then a loss to the Chargers a week later would put us a full game back and probably **** us in tie-breaking scenarios.

We'll get flagged for anything and everything on Sunday, the Ravens will get away with murder, and the following Thursday, even though we'll all say it can't get any worse, they'll find a way.

I hope Pat's up for the challenge.
And I thought I was a Debbie Downer!

As much as this shakes me up, I am confident that Andy and the team will put together a game plan for the Ravens and then the Chargers. The defense will play better at home.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:51 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
And I thought I was a Debbie Downer!

As much as this shakes me up, I am confident that Andy and the team will put together a game plan for the Ravens and then the Chargers. The defense will play better at home.
The difference between this year and previous years is that we finally have a QB who can overcome the fix. Despite the ref$' best efforts, we're still a dropped INT and a couple of lucky bounces away from undefeated.

So there's hope. But there's also the harsh reality of multi-billion dollar industry that sees us as nothing more than a shiny red obstacle for their golden boys to overcome.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:00 AM 12-04-2018
Steelers fans are bitching that the Chargers game was rigged by the officials. Heh, sucks don't it? How about the Chiefs Arrowhead playoff loss to Pittsburgh when James Harrison flopped against Eric Fisher and cost us a game tying two point conversion? Cuts both ways, you assholes!

https://www.masslive.com/expo/sports...convinced.html
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:05 AM 12-04-2018
Pittsburgh Dad is PISSED OFF!

[Reply]
In58men 10:13 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Pittsburgh Dad is PISSED OFF!
He got annoying fast.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:15 AM 12-04-2018
OP makes a thread making fun of conspiracy nuts. And still they are drawn to it like moths to a flame. They just can't help themselves.
[Reply]
TEX 10:17 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Steelers fans are bitching that the Chargers game was rigged by the officials. Heh, sucks don't it? How about the Chiefs Arrowhead playoff loss to Pittsburgh when James Harrison flopped against Eric Fisher and cost us a game tying two point conversion? Cuts both ways, you assholes!

https://www.masslive.com/expo/sports...convinced.html
Yep. But they DID get hosed big time for certain twice, that lead directly to 14 pts. But FUCK THEM! :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:29 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
OP makes a thread making fun of conspiracy nuts. And still they are drawn to it like moths to a flame. They just can't help themselves.
I guess the people who think for you say everything's okay, right?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:36 AM 12-04-2018
No I'm just not so embroiled in paranoid fantasies that I can reason through it and figure out that a conspiracy involving 100s or 1000s of people, which is what it would take to do most of the shit alleged in this thread, is impossible to keep secret.

Could Goodell hand-pick refs for the Rams game that he knows are likely to cause a tight game - which will a) give more of an offensive show and b) happen to hurt the Chiefs D - which everyone knows holds all the time? Yes.

Is Goodell in their earpieces as has been literally claimed dozens of times in this forum? No of course not.

Is Goodell, constantly calculating ratings numbers and thinking shit like "the Chargers need to win here vs. Pittsburgh so Thursday night game in KC will have more impact"? No. You'd have to be mentally ill to think that.
[Reply]
Roger Dodger 10:41 AM 12-04-2018
[QUOTE=gblowfish;13934851]Steelers fans are bitching that the Chargers game was rigged by the officials. Heh, sucks don't it? How about the Chiefs Arrowhead playoff loss to Pittsburgh when James Harrison flopped against Eric Fisher and cost us a game tying two point conversion? Cuts both ways, you assholes!

Squealers fans are always crying about something. Just like Big Baby Ben.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 25
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up