ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm depressed
rabblerouser 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
[Reply]
eDave 12:29 AM 10-31-2018
Big hug Man. I guarantee you you will find happiness again. Drive to that goal and be patient. And keep playing music. It takes you to a better place. And you are good. Everything will be OK. I like you man and am pulling for you. Peace out.

And I trust you with my phone number if you would like it.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:40 AM 10-31-2018
Hell it happens to everyone. I live in a decent apartment, have a shitty car that could break down at any time (and with the cold coming...probably will soon) and live on crappy paycheck to paycheck where it's horribly difficult to save or invest any. 35 years old and no girlfriend at the moment. All of that aside I'm pretty happy most of the time. Just don't dwell on it. Find something to do and push on.
[Reply]
eDave 12:44 AM 10-31-2018
Shitty car sucks ballz.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:46 AM 10-31-2018
Sorry to hear it buddy. But, you'll bounce back. Just give it some time.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 02:36 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
You are a musician and you're depressed..
Sounds like a great time to write a hit song.
Exactly, sounds like your very talented. Put it to music or learn another instrument. You are fortunate to have the talent to be a musician.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:07 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
You are a musician and you're depressed..
Sounds like a great time to write a hit song.
Good point! I recommend a happy tune with melancholy lyrics.
[Reply]
FRCDFED 07:13 AM 10-31-2018
Take up a new hobby.....try to experience new things in life....PM me if you ever wanna talk about something....hopefully you will see improvement on the things that you want to see improvement in. Good luck and take care of yourself!
[Reply]
Luke Atamadong 07:18 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Go watch WWII documentaries on Histpry or AMC

After 3-4 of them, you'll be on your knees thanking God for the life you have. No joke - it's great therapy seeing suffering and realizing the ease of American life
This.
I listen to audiobooks about WW@ and Vietnam while I'm at work. It makes you pretty content to just be some place warm and comfy.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:50 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Go watch WWII documentaries on Histpry or AMC

After 3-4 of them, you'll be on your knees thanking God for the life you have. No joke - it's great therapy seeing suffering and realizing the ease of American life
This is excellent advice.
[Reply]
bogey 04:54 PM 10-31-2018
I feel your pain rabblerouser. Depression is a difficult life-block that is hard to get around. I don't think ever goes away, you just learn to deal with it, in a healthy way. If possible, I think you should reach out to therapy. Likely, the therapist has heard your story or similar, many times.
Try to trust an expert, this could be your path of least resistance, to peace of mind. If you're depressed, likely you're seeking the path of least resistance in everything you do. So therapy is a win, win.
[Reply]
Iconic 05:28 PM 10-31-2018
Only posting to say what's already been said.

See a therapist. It's their job to help you get through this kind of stuff. They go through like 10 years of schooling for it. Do it.
[Reply]
Otter 05:43 PM 10-31-2018
Get your ass in your car, move to NY and get job as a waiter or loading trucks in the meantime. If your company isn't going to keep you on or hire you back because you have to move a couple states over, trust me, you're not that valuable to them in the first place.

If you keep waiting for the perfect moment like Mary Poppins is going to kiss you on the forehead and take you for a ride on her umbrella you'll never move.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 06:29 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Only posting to say what's already been said.

See a therapist. It's their job to help you get through this kind of stuff. They go through like 10 years of schooling for it. Do it.
This. Been there done that.
Was going to two sessions a week for the first month or so. Getting everything out to someone changed my life. Two visits a week turned to once a week, which turned to once every two weeks, then after a while I was strong enough on my own to ease off the therapy.

After therapy I moved away, which I always dreamed of doing, got my degree, and now I’ve moved again for work. Build a foundation for yourself and live the best life you can.

I’d stay away from any meds. Don’t mask the problem, face it head on. You’ll feel better, far better, 6 months from now if you do. Trust me.

Best of luck to you. Feel free to reach out to me if you need anything.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:53 PM 10-31-2018
Hey Rabble,

I'll open up a bit. This time of the year is tough on my depression. Seems like it's always ****ing dark.

Today was the last day this shitty diner was open. It used to be good. Anyway when I first discovered it was really ****ing good. It was when my mom was dying of cancer. Literally going there alone was my "safe space" for those few hours all the stress and sadness of seeing her dying was my getaway to some good food with interesting people watching and good oldies music being played. I didnt smoke or drink back then going there was literally my get away how stupid is that? I was the first customer in line today. The meal ****ing sucked I didnt even finish it which probably added to my depression but it also brought back all those memories of the shit I went through with my mom and even the good times. Sorry this post is emo. Just know theres people struggling with ya and I'm always here to talk. Things will get better brother.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:36 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hey Rabble,

I'll open up a bit. This time of the year is tough on my depression. Seems like it's always ****ing dark.

Today was the last day this shitty diner was open. It used to be good. Anyway when I first discovered it was really ****ing good. It was when my mom was dying of cancer. Literally going there alone was my "safe space" for those few hours all the stress and sadness of seeing her dying was my getaway to some good food with interesting people watching and good oldies music being played. I didnt smoke or drink back then going there was literally my get away how stupid is that? I was the first customer in line today. The meal ****ing sucked I didnt even finish it which probably added to my depression but it also brought back all those memories of the shit I went through with my mom and even the good times. Sorry this post is emo. Just know theres people struggling with ya and I'm always here to talk. Things will get better brother.
Holy shit, it's time to end the Billays mom joke. I feel awful now about that. Jesus.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up