Page 58 of 298
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:39 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Why would Schwartz go anywhere? Lateral move. He can have another great year in Philly and get a HC gig next year.

Spags needs to be on Andy’s radar. If not, Reid will be toast by 2019.
:-):-):-)

You so crazy...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:50 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
God I wish. I’d be on board for bringing Cassel Alex back for some fatter cheerleaders. But I’m prob in the minority.
Well there are limits, these heifers have to make it down the tunnel to jump and shout.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:59 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
:-):-):-)

You so crazy...
If Andy/Veach do nothing with Mahomes the next two seasons, Clark will sack them both. He will hate that all the draft capital spent to acquire Mahomes resulted in nothing.

Mahomes is the only reason I have any interest in this team moving forward. Reid continues to prove he is as advertised. Loveable on the outside, controlling and manipulative on the inside. Dorsey’s ouster had Andy’s fingerprints all over it. Veach is a pawn, and that defense is a shit sandwich. Andy will never hire a great coach to upstage him. The good ones he “grooms” he advocates for as HCs elsewhere before they can show him up on his own staff. I love how Andy schemes and his players probably appreciate how he protects them. BUT: he gets conservative with a lead, bumbles game management and is too gunshy to send a real message to coaches/players when it is obvious to the rest of the world that changes are in order (Sutton situation is a joke and Bieniemy promotion is a safe play).

Status quo is just that. I don’t expect to see KC in the dance next season, and if 2019 starts slow, Arrowhead will be empty.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:00 PM 01-21-2018
If Andy/Veach do nothing with Mahomes the next two seasons, Clark will sack them both. He will hate that all the draft capital spent to acquire Mahomes resulted in nothing.

Mahomes is the only reason I have any interest in this team moving forward. Reid continues to prove he is as advertised. Loveable on the outside, controlling and manipulative on the inside. Dorsey’s ouster had Andy’s fingerprints all over it. Veach is a pawn, and that defense is a shit sandwich. Andy will never hire a great coach to upstage him. The good ones he “grooms” he advocates for as HCs elsewhere before they can show him up on his own staff. I love how Andy schemes and his players probably appreciate how he protects them. BUT: he gets conservative with a lead, bumbles game management and is too gunshy to send a real message to coaches/players when it is obvious to the rest of the world that changes are in order (Sutton situation is a joke and Bieniemy promotion is a safe play).

Status quo is just that. I don’t expect to see KC in the dance next season, and if 2019 starts slow, Arrowhead will be empty.
Well, you are so off and wrong on just about every front here, so I'm going to bed.

Goodnight!
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:07 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Well, you are so off and wrong on just about every front here, so I'm going to bed.

Goodnight!
Nope. Mahomes can’t do it by himself - that is what this fanbase will find out soon.

You watch the games the past two weeks? You think the Chiefs can even sniff that competitive balance anytime soon? With the chicken-shit playcalling and baby-ass soft defense it should not be shocking this team is one and done perpetually.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 10:13 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
We need to check Hunt's 5-year plan.
Actually, Clark's priority list reads something like this:

1. Keep Tavia happy

2. Keep Tavia happy

3. Keep Tavia happy

4. Keep Tavia happy

5. Help out that football team thingy.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:23 PM 01-21-2018
Nope. Mahomes can’t do it by himself - that is what this fanbase will find out soon.

You watch the games the past two weeks? You think the Chiefs can even sniff that competitive balance anytime soon? With the chicken-shit playcalling and baby-ass soft defense it should not be shocking this team is one and done perpetually.
Are you really reading CP the past 2 weeks and coming away with the idea that fans think defense doesn't need to be fixed?

I don't think the defense is that far away. Maybe it won't happen in 1 offseason. We are getting an all-pro safety back. We need to put an impact player at each level of the defense. That won't be easy. I also don't think it's as impossible as people think.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:26 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Are you really reading CP the past 2 weeks and coming away with the idea that fans think defense doesn't need to be fixed?

I don't think the defense is that far away. Maybe it won't happen in 1 offseason. We are getting an all-pro safety back. We need to put an impact player at each level of the defense. That won't be easy. I also don't think it's as impossible as people think.
I think you're spot on, and as I said in another thread today, I think our best window to come is 2019/2020. Loads of cap room, Mahomes on the rookie contract. Need to have the team ready for a run by 2019 with the defense patched up.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:29 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think you're spot on, and as I said in another thread today, I think our best window to come is 2019/2020. Loads of cap room, Mahomes on the rookie contract. Need to have the team ready for a run by 2019 with the defense patched up.
I think any person over Frank Zombo makes the pass rush better. Find a way to improve the pass rush and get a 2nd corner. I think those 2 things plus Berry makes a bigger difference than some think.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:34 PM 01-21-2018
I think any person over Frank Zombo makes the pass rush better. Find a way to improve the pass rush and get a 2nd corner. I think those 2 things plus Berry makes a bigger difference than some think.
I'm not going to tell anyone that Dee Ford is great by any means, but when you go back and watch those first few games, wow... it looks so much different. The whole front looked faster and more aggressive, and Ford was part of that.

Look at the list of names under contract for 2019 with roughly $83M in projected cap space. https://overthecap.com/calculator/kansas-city-chiefs/ There's a lot of talent still left there, so if Veach can nail some picks these next two drafts and then make good use of the money we will have... we're going to have one hell of a team.
[Reply]
JENKINSWINS 10:38 PM 01-21-2018

This! :-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:39 PM 01-21-2018

Will Berry be available? God love him, but he and Houston seem to take turns on IR. The entire secondary cannot tackle. Ragland was a lone bright spot. Peters can generate turnovers but also is allergic to tackling and needs a babysitter. The DL/ pass rush was anemic. Hali and DJ were largely ineffective and are likely gone. Poor draft capital and no cap space albeit cuts will be made. The haul for Smith will be less than what fans will be happy with.

I have not been this pessimistic about the Chiefs for a long time. Mahomes can’t do it by himself. Defense needs an overhaul and it won’t happen in one off-season. The questions at LG/C also need addressing.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 09:46 AM 01-22-2018

Dick LeBeau will not return as #Titans defensive coordinator, per source @Tennessean https://t.co/VSHpywffok

— Jason Wolf (@JasonWolf) January 22, 2018

[Reply]
Eleazar 09:55 AM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:

That'd be great if he weren't 80 years old
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 01-22-2018

I’m as hard on Andy as most people here, but Dorsey deserved to be fired. Andy didn’t have much to do with the financial disaster that Dorsey brought upon this team.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 298
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up