ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 367 of 386
« First < 267317357363364365366367 368369370371377 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:19 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I wonder how many of those millions canceled HBO right after.

They shouldn't. Good stuff is coming. But I'm guessing a lot probably did. This show ending has to give the network gigantic anxiety.
I've had HBO/Showtime/Epix/Starz/Cinemax/the movie channel and about 25 other "premium" channels for 7 years now. I always get them for $25 a month as part of a deal for bandwidth and cable. Total $160 per month for 500 channels and the premium stuff. 110 meg speed with the bandwidth. Usually faster up to 150-160.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:35 AM 05-21-2019
Anyone else think they set the ending up so that in 10 years if these actors having nothing going on they can come back for another series
[Reply]
Fish 07:37 AM 05-21-2019
Tyrion, master of persuasion....

[Reply]
bowener 08:35 AM 05-21-2019
God, this show fell apart faster than my shit after a night of eating dairy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:35 AM 05-21-2019
I can understand why they wouldn't, but since the Starks have been the main protagonists since the get-go, I find it hard to see that ending as anything but 'the good guys won'.

As I said probably weeks back by now - didn't occur to me watching yesterday - but it would have been exactly how a typical traditional fantasy story would have ended if this was based on a short-term literary work, like a trilogy, and season 8 was, let's say, only season 4 or 5, and anything that happened in the actual 4th through 7th seasons that were broadcast had never occurred. It was basically what anybody who stopped watching after the Red Wedding would have wanted - Stark revenge! and then they take over Westeros - and there was nothing else, no journeys, no character growth, none of the stuff that happened during the later broadcast seasons, much of which was reneged upon anyway.

Another reason why I find it difficult to believe this ending is Martin's. That is to say some of the characters may end up in the same places, but we'll at least understand how they get there. It might actually be believable. Like Bran becoming King, if that's actually a thing.
You know, I think DaFace called that about the time resurrected-Jon headed to Winterfell. I think he said something along the lines of what if this is a long way around to a standard fantasy trope?

That was many moon ago, but I'm pretty sure it was him.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 09:17 AM 05-21-2019

They shouldn't. Good stuff is coming. But I'm guessing a lot probably did. This show ending has to give the network gigantic anxiety.
Outside of Chernobyl and I guess Barry - which I don't love as much as you all do - what else is coming down the pipe for HBO?
[Reply]
UK_Chief 09:37 AM 05-21-2019

Winter is coming
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:44 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
I just could not believe how weak Jon was in the end. He was a full on alpha then turned into a beta male towards the end. Hate Jon’s story arc.
I completely agree. Jon had numerous chances to take the throne away from Dany. He turned out to be too much of a wimp to do it. He had to wait to see thousands of women and children get slaughtered by Dany before he finally got the stones to do anything about it.

That's why I'm fine with him being sent back the Night's Watch. He sure as hell didn't do anything to earn the throne at the end, when it mattered the most.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:03 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I completely agree. Jon had numerous chances to take the throne away from Dany. He turned out to be too much of a wimp to do it. He had to wait to see thousands of women and children get slaughtered by Dany before he finally got the stones to do anything about it.

That's why I'm fine with him being sent back the Night's Watch. He sure as hell didn't do anything to earn the throne at the end, when it mattered the most.
There was NO more throne as symbolized with the dragon melting it. Hence a different form of govt.

He didn't want power. I don't blame him. They couldn't make him a hero for killing Dany, not exactly wimpy act, because the unsullied could have turned on everyone.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:19 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Entire time I was hoping the mark the NK left on Bran would come into play. Some kind of bat shit crazy twist where Bran is a walker and the last shot you'd see in the finale is Bran's eyes turning blue. That would explain why he was so worried about Drogon etc.

Oh well.
I was hoping for some sort of twist ending like that. That would have been a GREAT ending.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:33 PM 05-21-2019
Entire time I was hoping the mark the NK left on Bran would come into play. Some kind of bat shit crazy twist where Bran is a walker and the last shot you'd see in the finale is Bran's eyes turning blue. That would explain why he was so worried about Drogon etc.

Oh well.
This was actually the ending of the series in one of the Season 8 plot leaks I read last year that obviously turned out to be complete crap. In this storyline, Bran was killed by the Night King, Winterfell was overrun and the defenders had to flee south, Jon and Dany never turned on each other, most of the combatants (including Jon and the Night King) were killed by wildfire in a big battle at the Kings Landing dragon pit, Dany had the baby but died in childbirth, and in the epilogue Tyrion was the Hand, married to Missandei (Grey Worm died with Jon) watching over the Jon and Dany's daughter, Sansa had married Gendry, and Arya had wandered off. But in the last scene, Bran's body is raised by one of the walkers at the same spot he saw the Night King in his vision.
[Reply]
Iconic 01:01 PM 05-21-2019
I wouldn't really want half of that shit happening. IMO the perfect ending for this show should have been heavily tied to GoT lore.

Jon should have been Azor Ahai, the NK should have won the battle of Winterfell, and we should have seen in some way most of the main characters retreating to KL. There they would have their last and final attempt to stop the NK this time Cerseai on their side. It would have been a fight for the ages. A true one. Between man, side by side, against the dead. And man would have been losing until the prophecy of Azor Ahai came into play. Melisandre could have dished out the details at this point as a last resort. Here Jon would have forged light bringer by killing Daenerys and fulfilling the prophecy. Man would be saved and so would we from the bs we got.

And yeah I know this theory is out there in some format already but who gives a shit? I'd rather a formidable ending that everyone knows vs the one we got
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:20 PM 05-21-2019
I wouldn't really want half of that shit happening. IMO the perfect ending for this show should have been heavily tied to GoT lore.

Jon should have been Azor Ahai, the NK should have won the battle of Winterfell, and we should have seen in some way most of the main characters retreating to KL. There they would have their last and final attempt to stop the NK this time Cerseai on their side. It would have been a fight for the ages. A true one. Between man, side by side, against the dead. And man would have been losing until the prophecy of Azor Ahai came into play. Melisandre could have dished out the details at this point as a last resort. Here Jon would have forged light bringer by killing Daenerys and fulfilling the prophecy. Man would be saved and so would we from the bs we got.

And yeah I know this theory is out there in some format already but who gives a shit? I'd rather a formidable ending that everyone knows vs the one we got
That's pure shit.
[Reply]
Iconic 01:22 PM 05-21-2019
To each his own. Still more realistic than fucking Air Arya.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:24 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Anyone else think they set the ending up so that in 10 years if these actors having nothing going on they can come back for another series
I hope we don't go all star wars and flood the shit out of the market. But theres interesting potential if you find a talented showrunner. But Arya and Jon would have something really interesting. You basically can create a new series that doesn't interfere whatsoever with the story arcs of the original. Jon snow even has a physical barrier that ensures that. Jon's arc is especially interesting because in a few years his responsibility will be massive. And unlike Arya, it'll still feel like the original.

It might make for easier story development to focus on one storyline. Kind of like better call saul.
[Reply]
Page 367 of 386
« First < 267317357363364365366367 368369370371377 > Last »
Up