A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:46 AM 05-14-2019
Dow up $207

Annnndddd we’re back baby!
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:05 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Note that MPW's return dividend yield is apparently 5.57%, so nowhere near 9%.

This laundry list doesn't have many that are anywhere near 9%.

https://www.dividend.com/dividend-st...l/reit-retail/
I've got some MPW and love it. It gives me a nice dividend and the stock goes up pretty consistently. I don't hit a home run with it, but I get singles and doubles every year. I keep increasing my holdings in it each year when I look around and don't find something better.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:22 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Yes, it's pronounced "REET". My old law firm represented several REITs. It stands for "Real Estate Investment Trust". By law it's REQUIRED to spit out 90% of its taxable income as dividends.
The person he is referencing is from Canada so I imagine REITs work a bit differently but I doubt there is any guaranteed 9% return. It's probably some historical yield + avg share price increase number.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:33 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I hope some of you were paying attention to (BYND). There's a lot of emotion built into this one that might allow for some fun.
Looks like it hit my mark. Fun little run, but I don't think I'll get back in.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:40 PM 05-17-2019
i've had cars that depreciated slower than this piece of shit ching chong stock
[Reply]
Munson 07:41 AM 05-20-2019
Tesla drops below 200 for the first time since December 2016.
[Reply]
scho63 09:19 AM 05-20-2019
NASDAQ high tech stocks in major correction mode. Somewhere soon should be a good buying opportunity
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:20 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i've had cars that depreciated slower than this piece of shit ching chong stock
wow, yah, IQ is back down to where it initially listed day 1. From 18.20 up 120+% to $40 and now back at 18.40. It seems like the trade war is escalating again too :-)

Some of the recent IPO's the last month or two have gone crazy too. Zoom (ZM) and as somebody mentioned already Beyond Meat was up 163% on day one.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:25 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Tesla drops below 200 for the first time since December 2016.
Whoever posted that thread about Tesla introducing pickups is on my bad list. I bought some Tesla stock as a result, and am down about 30 percent since then.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:15 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Whoever posted that thread about Tesla introducing pickups is on my bad list. I bought some Tesla stock as a result, and am down about 30 percent since then.
I'm a huge fan of Tesla, but I'd never own that stock. They're a long way from stability.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:40 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm a huge fan of Tesla, but I'd never own that stock. They're a long way from stability.
Ding. Ding. Ding.

Separating company and ideas from stock and business management. You'll go far son. Very far.
[Reply]
ghak99 07:42 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
wow, yah, IQ is back down to where it initially listed day 1. From 18.20 up 120+% to $40 and now back at 18.40. It seems like the trade war is escalating again too :-)

Some of the recent IPO's the last month or two have gone crazy too. Zoom (ZM) and as somebody mentioned already Beyond Meat was up 163% on day one.
I'd be careful with BYND now. For me, that was a very short term play on it's opening and the type of people who were sure to line up to jump on it's initial bandwagon out of emotion. Based on its market and level of development, I wouldn't be surprised if it slowly leveled off and just hung out for quite some time.

On the other hand, if/when ASF breaks out in the US it then becomes something to grab fast to hopefully ride out another quick emotional play.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:15 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ding. Ding. Ding.

Separating company and ideas from stock and business management. You'll go far son. Very far.
Originally Posted by DaFace:
People always mock us visionaries.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:38 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I'd be careful with BYND now. For me, that was a very short term play on it's opening and the type of people who were sure to line up to jump on it's initial bandwagon out of emotion. Based on its market and level of development, I wouldn't be surprised if it slowly leveled off and just hung out for quite some time.

On the other hand, if/when ASF breaks out in the US it then becomes something to grab fast to hopefully ride out another quick emotional play.
Market is up this morning and BYND is struggling. That’s not a great sign
[Reply]
ghak99 12:02 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Market is up this morning and BYND is struggling. That’s not a great sign
It probably never should have been anywhere near the 90s, but YAY for no meat and all that healthy horse shit. Reality will sink in and settle it out wherever it belongs.

Like mentioned above, an ASF outbreak or some other big meat production issue/scare is what will keep BYND in the back of my mind for another quick play. Inspectors being in the fields doing product use checks tells me the ASF risk is much higher than they're letting it appear it is. Rumors coming out of some large complex units with deep connections are worried some insurance companies will not even be able to handle the losses when they happen.

There are quite a few plays to be made around the ASF scare but playing with commodities is like sticking your dick in crazy, so enter at your own risk. The plays would also depend on whether or not China lets some of its people starve or begins importing other protein sources in large amounts. It'll be fun times with massive amounts of money to be made and lost in a short amount of time.
[Reply]
Page 193 of 934
« First < 93143183189190191192193 194195196197203243293693 > Last »
Up