ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 221 of 330
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Mecca 06:11 AM 05-21-2019
I'm not sure what is worse, the current WWE product or my friend acting like AEW is going to be the attitude era reincarnated...

Then going on 20 minute diatribes about how PG wrestling and using women for more than sexual content is why the WWE sucks.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 09:19 PM 05-23-2019
20 years since Owen fell. I was at the Over the Edge. I honestly thought it could have been part of an angle until I got home. Sad day.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:28 PM 05-23-2019
Aew is going to be good just on the fact that they have less corny stuff. But wwe is the gold standard.
[Reply]
Swanman 11:14 AM 05-24-2019
Nice little video AEW just put up on Youtube:

[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:40 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Aew is going to be good just on the fact that they have less corny stuff. But wwe is the gold standard.
Yep. Nothing corny about giant dicks running around at all.
[Reply]
Swanman 11:49 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yep. Nothing corny about giant dicks running around at all.
Don't hate on the Cavalcade of Cocksmen. AEW will have corny stuff because corny stuff can be very entertaining. It will also have its fair share of serious stuff. That's how you build a great product overall. There needs to be some comedy mixed in.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:59 AM 05-24-2019
AEW have kind of put themselves into this sort of box where you have a contingent that is hoping they do not go the route of TNA of bigging themselves up by pot shotting the E but also the contingent that wants them to bring down the big bad in some renegade act and they have seemingly been targeting that second batch as their audience which is the audience that wants them to specifically go to war with the E believing they can overtake them.

It is an interesting split to watch develop.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:00 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Don't hate on the Cavalcade of Cocksmen. AEW will have corny stuff because corny stuff can be very entertaining. It will also have its fair share of serious stuff. That's how you build a great product overall. There needs to be some comedy mixed in.
Oh I don't care really, but lets not say stuff that just isn't true. If they can make titles mean something again and have storylines that aren't trash, it'll already be a better product.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:05 PM 05-24-2019
My biggest concern is them becoming another TNA that just likes to take potshots at the E, that shit gets old fast.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:09 PM 05-24-2019
I don't think AEW has to go a TNA route at all. Will they? I'm not sure, but they don't have any reason to have a little brother syndrome like Ipmact had.

They've got a major TV deal, which is more than tna ever could say.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:13 PM 05-24-2019
Spike was a pretty well thought of network at a time.......

I just hope they find some kind of good middle ground with all this. There was a time in wrestling where just having guys that could work meant something because most of the national dudes were not like that. Now everyone can work, the WWE has a roster of workhorses and we see how that is going...

Unless they can legit figure out characters none of it matters.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:15 PM 05-24-2019
WWE couldn't wait to leave SpikeTV and being on that network sunk their ratings pretty bad. Not "we just turned Stone Cold heel" bad, but bad.

With all that said, the biggest issue they had was they let Bischoff and Hogan do all the legwork. Totally ignoring all the damage they had done less than a decade ago. Oh and Vince fucking Russo.
[Reply]
Swanman 12:16 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think AEW has to go a TNA route at all. Will they? I'm not sure, but they don't have any reason to have a little brother syndrome like Ipmact had.

They've got a major TV deal, which is more than tna ever could say.
They seem very cognizant of what happened with TNA. TNA had a ton of failings but the biggest failing was the latching onto any and all of the castoffs from WWE or the old guys from WCW. They pushed those guys ahead of much more talented guys like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, etc. It seems like AEW is going out of their way to avoid signing too many WWE guys. I think they will be pretty selective. There are too many other talented guys in the Indies and Japan/Mexico.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:14 PM 05-25-2019
The fact that no one cares enough about this to pirate it is bad news to me. I fully expected a stream up. No one is even talking about it. Yikes.
[Reply]
TLO 08:05 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
The fact that no one cares enough about this to pirate it is bad news to me. I fully expected a stream up. No one is even talking about it. Yikes.
It'll be dead within a year or so.
[Reply]
Page 221 of 330
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271321 > Last »
Up