ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Allergies
TLO 01:56 PM 08-14-2012
I knew I had some serious issues with allergies, but typically they are worse in the spring. But the last few days have been absolutely miserable. Anybody else fighting with their allergies right now? Any suggestions on relief?
[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:30 PM 08-14-2012
http://www.bee-pollen-buzz.com/honey-and-allergies.html
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:45 PM 08-14-2012
I've had significant allergies for awhile. They were easily manageable when I lived in KC, but got worse when I moved to South Carolina, but still manageable. When I moved to Alabama, though... damn. I literally spent the first 18 months here with a chronic cough that was so bad on three separate occasions I broke a rib (once) and dislocated a rib (twice). The constant coughing just weakened the muscles around my rib cage until something would go "pop".

Back in February, my general practitioner gave up, said he couldn't fix it and was sending me to an allergist. The allergist put me on Advair and Veramyst, as well as an emergency inhaler for breathing problems (Combivent). Since March, roughly, the cough is gone and I feel pretty good. Every now and then I'll get a bit of a cough, but theCombivent takes care of it, and so far the Advair and the Veramyst have kept everything at bay.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:34 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I've had significant allergies for awhile. They were easily manageable when I lived in KC, but got worse when I moved to South Carolina, but still manageable. When I moved to Alabama, though... damn. I literally spent the first 18 months here with a chronic cough that was so bad on three separate occasions I broke a rib (once) and dislocated a rib (twice). The constant coughing just weakened the muscles around my rib cage until something would go "pop".

Back in February, my general practitioner gave up, said he couldn't fix it and was sending me to an allergist. The allergist put me on Advair and Veramyst, as well as an emergency inhaler for breathing problems (Combivent). Since March, roughly, the cough is gone and I feel pretty good. Every now and then I'll get a bit of a cough, but theCombivent takes care of it, and so far the Advair and the Veramyst have kept everything at bay.
Those are asthma medications dude. I have allergy induced asthma also. My treatment is Advair (250/50) and Singulair (10 mg). And BTW the asthma medications now are tremendously superior to that of 15 years ago. Medications have come farther in that area than anything else I have been around.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:51 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Those are asthma medications dude. I have allergy induced asthma also. My treatment is Advair (250/50) and Singulair (10 mg). And BTW the asthma medications now are tremendously superior to that of 15 years ago. Medications have come farther in that area than anything else I have been around.
Yes, allergy/environmental asthma. The allergy meds don't work for me, or I can't take them.
[Reply]
TLO 10:27 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan:
Non drowsy and it works. I've tried non-drowsy benadryl and I've never gotten the same effect as i did with this stuff.
Ah interesting. May have to give it a shot.
[Reply]
TLO 10:30 PM 08-14-2012
Thanks for the advice everyone. That Ortho Molecular stuff looks interesting... but quite pricy. Have you had good luck with it?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:34 PM 08-14-2012
http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors...Softgels/37092

I acidentally tripped over this years ago. Since then I have saved countless people who suffer from allergies. Cheap and good for you for you too. If you try nothing else trust me you should try this. Even people on this BB have been saved by trying it. I believe Dave was the last one to thank me. Don't try another substitute, take this one. It will take 3 to 5 days to load.
[Reply]
DRU 10:40 PM 08-14-2012
These things look kinda goofy but they work and you don't have to take any meds of any kind: http://www.filteryourlife.com/
[Reply]
Stewie 06:48 AM 05-27-2013
Man, they're kicking my ass this morning. I've probably been through 30 Kleenex's so far.
[Reply]
58-4ever 06:57 AM 05-27-2013
Man, that guy doesn't even ask when the butt is in the air. Shizzzzzzzx
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:51 AM 05-27-2013
Neti pot.

That shit will change your life. I used to have insane allergies. I got allergy shots and doing a neti pot. This spring was very mild for me.
[Reply]
scho63 01:02 PM 07-08-2014
This is the first time in 20 years dealing with allergies and boy are they bad. Today I feel beat up as I can't stop sneezing, my nose keeps running, eyes are itchy and have a pounding sinus headache right in the middle of my forehead!
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:48 PM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by scho63:
This is the first time in 20 years dealing with allergies and boy are they bad. Today I feel beat up as I can't stop sneezing, my nose keeps running, eyes are itchy and have a pounding sinus headache right in the middle of my forehead!
Welome to my life about 320 days a year. Zyrtec.
[Reply]
rico 02:05 PM 07-08-2014
I have an extremely rare condition called cold urticaria (allergic to cold). I fucking hate it.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:37 PM 07-08-2014
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Welome to my life about 320 days a year. Zyrtec.
I was in the same boat until my doctor recommended a steroid concoction shot. I get one every 6 months and voilą, a lifetime allergy sufferer has zero allergies.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up