ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Meck Mock 4/24
Chris Meck 12:40 AM 04-24-2019
Okay, this is obviously post Clark trade. I've been running mocks just as a morning routine with my coffee and cigarettes; it's a more healthy addiction than others I suppose. There's nothing I've run into that would indicate that these picks are either unrealistic or reaches, particularly.

The idea was a combination of BAA and positions of need.

61: R2P29
CB ROCK YA-SIN
TEMPLE- His play style reminds me of another 'Rock'. Kevin Ross. Smart, tough, fundamentally sound. Not a true #1 shutdown type, but let's face it, there are about 5 of those guys in the NFL total. What he IS is...well, a lot like Sam Madison was, his new position coach. A good fit.

63:R2P31
FS Darnell Savage
Maryland-Fast, smart, ball hawking free safety. Great instincts, high football IQ. slightly small at 5'11" but not really a big deal. Sub 4.4 speed. This guy just seems like a guy that's overlooked due to size but a few years from now will be a good to great NFL starter. Kind of like another safety we just signed this offseason. different skillset though.

84: R3P20
WR PARRIS CAMPBELL
OHIO STATE- Watkins gets stupid expensive in 2020. Hill is a bit of a question mark. It's time to start re-stocking. Elite size and speed. Played a lot of slot in college, but ran the 40 in 4.31 secs. Put him in the slot year one and as he learns the other spots, he'll take over in a year outside.

167: R5P29
TE ISAAC NAUTA
GEORGIA-Good receiver, runs nice routes, soft hands, good after the catch. Plays much faster than his 40 time; I think he just ran like shit that day. His film shows good speed and yards after catch ability. Not unlike a baby Kelce.

201: R6P28
G HJALTE FROHOLDT
ARKANSAS- solid, smart, mobile technician. Prototype Reid-style lineman.

214: R6P41
WR MECOLE HARDMAN
GEORGIA-another sub 4.4. (4.31) guy. He's 5'10" and 187...more of a Tyreek type. Somewhat raw, but big play ability. In 3 years, Hardman and Campbell might be the fastest WR duo in football.

216: R7P2
RB TONY POLLARD
MEMPHIS-Pollard was not the feature back at Memphis, but in limited action was productive. He's listed at 210 but I think he was near 220 at the combine, where he ran a 4.5 . This is your Kareem Hunt project; similar size and running style, and low miles on the tires. Doesn't shy away from contact, has some power and good balance. That kind of power and speed you can't coach.

I'd still like a LB, but in probably 50 simulations, there was either a guy I really liked the fit of (Campbell, Hardman) and could reasonably project as a future starter or just no LB in range that i liked.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:12 AM 04-25-2019
I have seen Rock Ya-sin mocked in round one quite a bit. I would be surprised and delighted if he fell to the bottom of round two.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:22 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I have seen Rock Ya-sin mocked in round one quite a bit. I would be surprised and delighted if he fell to the bottom of round two.
I've seen about 60 guys mocked into round one.

The top 15 or so are fairly consistent; the back half is any number of about 45 guys.

It's hard to say; but it does look like at least the pundits have chosen their '15 first round talents' give or take a guy or two.

of course, the pundits know fuck all, in reality.

I like Ya-Sin, I like Layne, I like Love, I like Oruwariye, Mullen, any of those guys, and we should have a couple to choose from.

Also, with the Hill situation, I look for a WR in round 2 as well, particularly guys that are close to Hill in terms of speed. Samuel, Campbell, Hall, maybe even a Mecole Hardman, who I've seen go anywhere from round 2 to round 5 in the latest updated mocks.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up