ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Led Zeppelin
Boon 12:57 AM 12-08-2018
I like Led Zeppelin......that is all
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:08 PM 05-23-2019
First time I heard of Zeppelin was around Nov '69. I was driving home one night from work at Woolco receiving depart. It was a xmas job I took while going to JC, it was pouring rain and they played 'Whole Lotta Love'. Even though that is from the second album and I listened to what was a very progression station, WFSO the Big 57 in St. Petersburg, that was my first time hearing them. I remember turning it up loud in my '69 Datusn 510 that I had purchased new a few months earlier.

A couple of weeks later, the manager said the night man called in sick and asked if I would stay all night inside the store. They would lock up about 11pm and I just had to push a dry mop up and down each aisle until someone came in about 6am. After eveyone left, the first thing I thing I did, was to go to the record depart and find an 8 track of the first Led Zeppelin and put it in a stereo and turn it as loud as I could. That played all through the store for about six hours while I pushed a mop around. The next month I joined the Army.

8 Track

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:22 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
There's a Zeppelin bootleg called "Destroyer" recorded in Cleveland on the 1977 tour, the "No Quarter" is super long and during John Paul Jones' solo, he goes into this baroque-influenced neo classical piano solo that has to be heard to be believed.
Track times listed on yt desciption [NQ@39:43]

[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:08 PM 05-26-2019
There's a Zeppelin bootleg called "Destroyer" recorded in Cleveland on the 1977 tour, the "No Quarter" is super long and during John Paul Jones' solo, he goes into this baroque-influenced neo classical piano solo that has to be heard to be believed.
Do you remember if you bought some of your bootlegs from Buccaneer Records? They were in Goldmine Magazine and latter a website between 1992 and 2005.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:39 AM 05-27-2019
I once owned that,lost it in a fire in 1986 :-)
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:08 AM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You make a good point about Zep borrowing all kinds of stuff from other artists, which brings me to another thing...

Just a couple months ago I read an interview with Plant where he pretty well dismissed GVF as copycat phonies, it really left me with a bad impression of him... but then again Plant has always been a prickly mother****er

Back in the 80s he used to call David Coverdale of Whitesnake "David Coverversion" because of his similarity to Plant... loves me some Zep, but Plant has always been a prick

He stole plenty of from other bands, most famously Stairway to Heaven
While I agree with you that Plant can be that way and they did use other bands but your are wrong on Stairway
[Reply]
lcarus 01:36 PM 05-28-2019
I like Trampled Underfoot, Immigrant Song, No Quarter, Stairway, All My Love, and many more
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:34 PM 05-28-2019

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:26 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
While I agree with you that Plant can be that way and they did use other bands but your are wrong on Stairway
Didn’t the other band win a court settlement from Zep 3-4 years ago on that?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:08 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Didn’t the other band win a court settlement from Zep 3-4 years ago on that?
Spirit?

Nah, you can't copyright a chord progression.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:15 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Do you remember if you bought some of your bootlegs from Buccaneer Records? They were in Goldmine Magazine and latter a website between 1992 and 2005.
I did not - my first bootlegs were cassettes I bought at SantaCaliGon. By the time I was in high school, 7th Heaven had bootlegs on CD...

Originally Posted by Nzoner:
I once owned that,lost it in a fire in 1986 :-)
I'll dig up the files and upload them here for you.

I also did a needledrop of CCR Live In Europe for dude whose dad used to have that jam..."Keep On Chooglin'."
[Reply]
DeepPurple 06:56 AM 05-29-2019
I just read because of bad jury instructions, that Zeppelin has been ordered back to court. What's ironic is the suit is brought by a trustee, since the original writer of the song Randy California drown over 20 years ago in Hawaii. I had the first couple of spirit albums when they came out, I would of never picked out that song. They had a really great instrumental called "Mechanical World", there is singing but it's actually done in the REM style, not understandable. Probably should sue REM for stealing their singing style.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...n-suit-730941/

Check out the guitar shift at 1:39

[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up