ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>IFC: Brockmire
KChiefs1 08:47 PM 03-31-2017
Can't wait to see this!

http://www.ifc.com/shows/brockmire

Starts April 5th on IFC.

Following a 10-year bender, the disgraced "Voice of Kansas City" apprehensively returns to the booth. Brockmire(Hank Azaria) has become a viral sensation ("Keep it Brockmire!"), so Jules (Amanda Peet), owner of a scrappy minor-league team, hires him to restore "the worst town in America."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:53 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I wonder why MLB didn't sign on for this? Not one mention of any teams just cities. I would think it would have made it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The started out at FoD as a sketch, and ended up on IFC. I doubt if the network even considered approaching MLB out of fear of licensing costs.

I like the show, but I doubt anyone involved is making enough to buy a mid-sized sedan out of the enterprise.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:27 AM 05-04-2017
I thought yesterday's episode was pretty weak. And I'm not some pro-lifer. The deliver of the "some horses, they have ghonorea." Was damn funny but that's about it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 05-04-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The started out at FoD as a sketch, and ended up on IFC. I doubt if the network even considered approaching MLB out of fear of licensing costs.

I like the show, but I doubt anyone involved is making enough to buy a mid-sized sedan out of the enterprise.
Yeah, this is more of a passion project for Azaria than anything.

I don't expect a terribly long life-span but frankly I'm not sure exactly how long said lifespan could possibly be anyway.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:03 AM 05-04-2017
Show is slowly sliding downhill. Jokes are few and far between.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:24 PM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I thought yesterday's episode was pretty weak. And I'm not some pro-lifer. The deliver of the "some horses, they have ghonorea." Was damn funny but that's about it.
I don't know, the whole bemused abortion doctor was funnier than I expected.

Snorting the pill was an obvious plot device. But it was humorous contemplating them going back, hat in hand, for a replacement.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:44 PM 05-05-2017
I thought it was decent.

Nothing world-altering but it's a show about a degenerate baseball announcer and his alcoholic girlfriend.

You're not gonna get Silicon Valley level comedy here; this isn't highbrow. They don't really trade in wry wit (though occasionally you have bits of it; the abortion doctor was a solid example).
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:57 PM 05-05-2017
Eh. It didn't resonate with me. For whatever reason.
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:42 AM 05-06-2017
Eh. It didn't resonate with me. For whatever reason.
Same. Never been a fan of Azaria's acting though. He should stick to voices.

EDIT: Just noticed you were speaking about the most recent episode. I didn't make it past the first. It had a few funny moments but nothing enough to make me want to watch the second.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:56 PM 04-25-2018
Back if'n yer interested.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:33 PM 05-16-2019
I gotta say, when this started it was madcap fun, but I wasn't sold on an extended narrative.

When it got a pickup for several seasons it was a bit of a head-scratcher.

But man, they have a heck of a writing staff.

The situations and the overall narratives are pretty pedestrian. Now that he's sober, things are a lot less over the top. But the banter and the dialog is topnotch week after week. Reliably somebody says something that has me pausing the stream to catch up with the laughter.

If you dropped it, or haven't caught it yet, it remains worth a glance.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:06 PM 05-16-2019
His feud with the Crawdaddy mascot is one of the greater running jokes with such a great payoff.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:40 AM 04-24-2020
- Bangs are just a prank women play on themselves every 3 years. . . .

Truer words never said. . .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
- Bangs are just a prank women play on themselves every 3 years. . . .

Truer words never said. . .
I'm 2 episodes behind.

This season has been sooooo fucking baaaaaaad.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up