ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 138
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:53 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Also, too much is made of the Chiefs offense being too difficult for a rookie WR to contribute.

Hardman and Tyreek both had 500+ yards and multiple TD’s as rookies in this offense. And those are 2 guys that were still learning the ****ing position more or less the offense.
Obviously that’s not how the Chiefs feel considering they tried to get Juju and Reynolds
[Reply]
In58men 01:53 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Remember the name JODY FORTSON JR!!
Lol k
[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs have been aggressive for receiver help. They've been in, to some degree, on many of the big names -- JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel and A.J. Green.

Per Jeremy Fowler.

So yeah, I'd say thats "about every free agent WR".

And calm down.
Rumored interest doesn’t count. They weren’t going after any of those guys aggressively except JuJu and maybe Reynolds.

If they’ve been as aggressive as you’re claiming, they would’ve signed at least 1 of those guys. They didn’t. That tells me everything I need to know about how how bad they wanted them.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Obviously that’s not how the Chiefs feel considering they tried to get Juju and Reynolds
And yet they didn’t sign any of them.

Clearly they’re comfortable doing it through the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 01:56 PM 03-24-2021
Rumored interest doesn’t count. They weren’t going after any of those guys aggressively except JuJu and maybe Reynolds.

If they’ve been as aggressive as you’re claiming, they would’ve signed at least 1 of those guys. They didn’t. That tells me everything I need to know about how how bad they wanted them.
One of ESPN's big insiders says that have been, so I may go with what he says?
[Reply]
O.city 01:57 PM 03-24-2021
And yet they didn’t sign any of them.

Clearly they’re comfortable doing it through the draft.
Same with LT?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 03-24-2021
One of ESPN's big insiders says that have been, so I may go with what he says?
If you think the Chiefs “aggressively” pursued all of those WR’s only to end up with 0 of them, then you have a different definition of aggressive than I do.

When Veach is being aggressive, he gets something done.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:59 PM 03-24-2021
Same with LT?
The second best OT after Williams is still a free agent. They were prepared to give Williams 20+ million per year. They wouldn’t even offer JuJu more than 8 with incentives.

So no, not the same as LT.
[Reply]
O.city 02:01 PM 03-24-2021
If you think the Chiefs “aggressively” pursued all of those WR’s only to end up with 0 of them, then you have a different definition of aggressive than I do.

When Veach is being aggressive, he gets something done.
The second best OT after Williams is still a free agent. They were prepared to give Williams 20+ million per year.

So no, not the same as LT.
The second best OT would be....who exactly?

They only have so much draft capitol to use on guys that will be ready day 1. They need a WR to be ready to play out there day one.

It's possible they couldn't close the deal on guys they aggressively pursued.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:02 PM 03-24-2021
The second best OT would be....who exactly?

They only have so much draft capitol to use on guys that will be ready day 1. They need a WR to be ready to play out there day one.

It's possible they couldn't close the deal on guys they aggressively pursued.
:-)

No they don’t. They really don’t.
[Reply]
O.city 02:02 PM 03-24-2021
I don't really think I'd have dipped much toes into the FA market at WR once a few guys were gone anyway, but if they've been aggressive and have missed thats not good.
[Reply]
O.city 02:03 PM 03-24-2021
:-)

No they don’t. They really don’t.
You can say that all you want. Unless they're gonna have Pringle do it, they do.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:04 PM 03-24-2021
You can say that all you want. Unless they're gonna have Pringle do it, they do.
Because Pringle is such a significant drop off from Robinson and Sammy on the sidelines.
[Reply]
O.city 02:04 PM 03-24-2021
Because Pringle is such a significant drop off from Robinson and Sammy on the sidelines.
No, but thats why they are trying to upgrade the spot.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:05 PM 03-24-2021
No, but thats why they are trying to upgrade the spot.
Wanting to upgrade isn’t the same as needing a WR that can go out there day 1. They don’t need a day 1 WR. They need to add talent and depth for the long haul.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 138
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Up