ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 44
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
No it isn't. Rushing the QB did shit for us last year. We need run stoppers and a tough secondary. Not a 20 mil per year DT.
Rushing the Qb and stopping the pass is more important than stopping the run.

I mean, just because the chiefs were abysmal at stopping the run last year, doesn't mean it's more important.

Build a defense full of run stoppers up front and you'll get mauled by teams throwing it around the yard on you.

"insert yeah but the Pats did it this way last year blah blah".
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:11 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

I mean, just because the chiefs were abysmal at stopping the run last year, doesn't mean it's more important.

Build a defense full of run stoppers up front and you'll get mauled by teams throwing it around the yard on you.

look who your talking too O, dont waste your keystrokes.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:12 AM 06-12-2019

This. If we were solid against the run but had no pass rush last year, we’d have been worse.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:18 AM 06-12-2019
I'm too lazy to read the entire thread but if anyone is shitting on Jones for this or his asking price that's dumb as ****. He's got every reason to sit and avoid risking injury right now. He watched Clark get paid and the front office would have to be autistic if they didn't realize Jones would now be bargaining in the very same margins.

Chiefs need to get a deal done rather than ask him to play another year without one. He's only going to get better, and his price will only go higher. Just get it the **** over with.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:21 AM 06-12-2019
They were obviously talking extension with Hill, just use that $$ on Jones now...get it done.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:29 AM 06-12-2019

Pass defense is a lot more important than rush defense.

You just don't want to be a sieve when the other team is running the ball but otherwise, as I said..
[Reply]
RunKC 10:31 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
No it isn't. Rushing the QB did shit for us last year. We need run stoppers and a tough secondary. Not a 20 mil per year DT.
Jones was the only pass rusher who got pressure on Brady in the championship game, and it was bullshit that he got flagged for it.Dee Ford and Justin Houston were pathetic.

You need complete players who can stop the run and rush (Frank Clark), not one dimensional mongoloids like Dee Ford who get destroyed in the run game.
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:47 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Jones was the only pass rusher who got pressure on Brady in the championship game, and it was bullshit that he got flagged for it.Dee Ford and Justin Houston were pathetic.

You need complete players who can stop the run and rush (Frank Clark), not one dimensional mongoloids like Dee Ford who get destroyed in the run game.
Ya, But Dee can tickle the ivories.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:34 AM 06-12-2019
I hate holdouts in general but I understand the players have to take care of themselves. I just hope this doesn't turn into a Le'Veon Bell / Pittsburgh Steelers type holdout.

Other than that, I hope Khalen Saunders has an awesome mini camp / training camp so we don't notice that Chris Jones is missing.
[Reply]
O.city 11:47 AM 06-12-2019
So, say for instance the Cardinals called you up and said we'll give you a first and a 4th for Jones right now.

If they knew they were going to be able to pay Tyreek now, you take that deal?
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:53 AM 06-12-2019
So, say for instance the Cardinals called you up and said we'll give you a first and a 4th for Jones right now.

That could be tempting since the Cardinals had the #1 pick in the 2019 NFL draft and are probably going to suck again in 2019.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:54 AM 06-12-2019

I’d trade Hill for that but not Jones.

Jones is more valuable
[Reply]
O.city 11:56 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d trade Hill for that but not Jones.

Jones is more valuable
Being more valuable means he'd bring more in a trade.

Trading him would allow you to add another first rounder next year, possibly a high one and open up cap space. You could add another player in free agency and sign Hill to an extension if this all blows over.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:11 PM 06-12-2019
So the Chiefs and Chris Jones appear to be far apart on contract numbers.

Reportedly, the Chiefs wanna pay him close to what they gave Frank Clark. (5 years, 105 million, 43 million guaranteed)

He wants to be paid like Aaron Donald, who received 6 years, 135 million with 87 mil. guaranteed.

My guess is they'll end up settling somewhere in the middle. But if Jones agent insists he's not signing for much less than Donald, if any at all, I'd say screw it and make him play out his rookie contract. Get him cheap one more year and gamble on his performance this year. If he blows up again this year, he gets his 'Aaron Donald' money after this season. If not, the Chiefs maybe save a little over what they would have had to pay alternatively this year.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:40 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So the Chiefs and Chris Jones appear to be far apart on contract numbers.

Reportedly, the Chiefs wanna pay him close to what they gave Frank Clark. (5 years, 105 million, 43 million guaranteed)

He wants to be paid like Aaron Donald, who received 6 years, 135 million with 87 mil. guaranteed.

My guess is they'll end up settling somewhere in the middle. But if Jones agent insists he's not signing for much less than Donald, if any at all, I'd say screw it and make him play out his rookie contract. Get him cheap one more year and gamble on his performance this year. If he blows up again this year, he gets his 'Aaron Donald' money after this season. If not, the Chiefs maybe save a little over what they would have had to pay alternatively this year.

yeah, he's not even a pro bowl veteran, let alone 4 timer.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 44
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up