ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 293
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:56 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
At least Lightfoot is doing SOMETHING. And there is some defensive intensity tonight.
Maybe they should play Lightfoot more. He tries hard.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:57 PM 01-06-2018
And that friends is a horseshit call.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:16 PM 01-06-2018
I know I've said this before, but Vick is not a NBA player. He's just not that good a basketball player. Folds completely against decent competition and his flaws get totally exposed against athletes that are near his level.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:26 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I know I've said this before, but Vick is not a NBA player. He's just not that good a basketball player. Folds completely against decent competition and his flaws get totally exposed against athletes that are near his level.
Doke is the only guy that can get NBA minutes. Maybe Graham if he keeps shooting like a madman.

And Doke can't shoot. At all. The angle they showed on his freethrows shows how out of line his stroke is.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:27 PM 01-06-2018

Who cares if he’s nba player ???? We’re still playing college ball.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:30 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
Who cares if he’s nba player ???? We’re still playing college ball.
Me because I made a bet on exactly that here. Also, him being good is kind of important if this KU team is going to be good.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:32 PM 01-06-2018
Doke is the only guy that can get NBA minutes. Maybe Graham if he keeps shooting like a madman.

And Doke can't shoot. At all. The angle they showed on his freethrows shows how out of line his stroke is.
Udoka would have to develop quite a bit to do it, but he's still so young that he could.

Graham has certainly impressed me this year. He's been one of the best guards in the NCAA. Not sure he has a NBA future but he might be able to play a bit there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:32 PM 01-06-2018
I'll take every road win in the conference.

I thought we'd get mopped as much as TCU was hyped. They weren't as good as I expected.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:36 PM 01-06-2018
This road win makes up somewhat for the dreadful Tech home loss, but not all the way. Self is really going to have to consider playing Lightfoot more considering what he showed on both ends today.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 PM 01-06-2018
I figured KU would get dumped as much hype as TCU was getting and as tough as they've been in prior years.

They didn't play well. At all. KU turned up the intensity, but they did a mountain of dumb shit. And if Doke doesn't get in foul trouble, it's ugly.

Lightfoot = 6 blocks :-)

Nice to put a game away with freethrows.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:38 PM 01-06-2018
This road win makes up somewhat for the dreadful Tech home loss, but not all the way. Self is really going to have to consider playing Lightfoot more considering what he showed on both ends today.
He's been playing a shitload of minutes because if Doke is out, it's him. Except the couple of possessions that Svi was the 5. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:39 PM 01-06-2018
Winning at WVU will make me forget about the Tech beat down.

Need to take care of Iowa State and K State at home first though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:40 PM 01-06-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Winning at WVU will make me forget about the Tech beat down.

Need to take care of Iowa State and K State at home first though.
If they want to win the B12 still, they'll probably need to win at WVU or at Tech. They are both very good (if you can call what WVU does basketball) and have the one game advantage right now.

Actually winning home games would be nice too. Past KU teams tended to do that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:42 PM 01-06-2018
He's been playing a shitload of minutes because if Doke is out, it's him. Except the couple of possessions that Svi was the 5. :-)
He should probably play even more than that if today is any indication of what to expect when he gets big minutes. You probably give up a bit of scoring and rebounding by having him at the 5, but he's a better rim protector than Udoka and there looked to be the makings of a PnR game there with him and Graham today.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:44 PM 01-06-2018
He should probably play even more than that if today is any indication of what to expect when he gets big minutes. You probably give up a bit of scoring and rebounding by having him at the 5, but he's a better rim protector than Udoka and there looked to be the makings of a PnR game there with him and Graham today.
As rapey as Doke was, I think he still gets the minutes. Lightfoot is going to get minutes and if he lights it up like today, you just give Doke some more rest.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 293
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up