ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 293
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:05 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I really, really overestimated Bruce Weber. It really felt like KSU was putting it together over the last week.

I also need to eat crow about the Hawks. Cue Sam Mellinger writing an article about the disconnect between me and KU.

This. Spot on.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:05 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Just like all of you dipshits said, huh.

Guess it's time to start bitching about the next game.
Reading the pregame & game portions of this thread after the fact is hilarious. Was it reerun that predicted us to lose horribly or was that every other game?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:07 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Well, that was embarrassing. Great game, ku fans. I was wrong about 2 things:

1. I didn’t think ku would win the League outright. That looks like a bad call.

2. I also thought K-State would show up and make a game of it. As usual, we piss down our legs when you guys show up. Same shit, different year.

Again congrats, and Prison Bitch, you can have your thread back. :-)
1. It isn’t over.

2. It’s a different ballgame if Weber calls in sick and virtually anybody on this board steps into coach. I have no idea how he doesn’t simply say the words “throw the ball to dean.” Bad news for you is that if I were a coach of any other team you play, it’s 2-3 all day long.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:12 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
1. It isn’t over.

2. It’s a different ballgame if Weber calls in sick and virtually anybody on this board steps into coach. I have no idea how he doesn’t simply say the words “throw the ball to dean.” Bad news for you is that if I were a coach of any other team you play, it’s 2-3 all day long.
I was talking to a KSU friend last night about that. No idea why the offense doesn't run through Wade every time down the floor.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:14 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Reading the pregame & game portions of this thread after the fact is hilarious. Was it reerun that predicted us to lose horribly or was that every other game?

I predicted KU 70. KSU 78

I figured wade would own our bigs and we woul play one half of basketball. Basing this on recent events.

Also predicted hack a UziBookie.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:17 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:

And wtf. If KSU could of hit the broad side of the octagon. Those 12 turnovers and a380 load of fouls in the first half might of made a difference. Can’t do that shit all the time. That ends seasons in March.

Also gave bam bam WAY TOO much credit for recent play. I truly thought he would of used wade more inside.

I was wrong.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:29 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
I predicted KU 70. KSU 78

I figured wade would own our bigs and we woul play one half of basketball. Basing this on recent events.

Also predicted hack a UziBookie.
That was another hilarious thing. He went small to match up and that left Dean Wade on Doke. Even if you do that, run a switch and have some scrub hack a Doke.

NOPE Too dumb!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:32 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
And wtf. If KSU could of hit the broad side of the octagon. Those 12 turnovers and a380 load of fouls in the first half might of made a difference. Can’t do that shit all the time. That ends seasons in March.

Also gave bam bam WAY TOO much credit for recent play. I truly thought he would of used wade more inside.

I was wrong.
The turnovers hurt, but we shot like 75% in the first half. What killed KSU was they couldn't hit anything. KU went scoreless to start the 2nd half for, I believe, 6 minutes and KSU made up like 6 points on us.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:37 AM 01-30-2018
KU showed up and played a good game but they had help. I dont know shit about how to beat a zone. I saw Vick get into the middle of the zone and make that little jumper. Seems to me had they thrown the ball to their best player in the middle and let Wade do his thing, KU would have given up the zone rather quickly. Just have Wade stand outside the zone? Didn't seem like a good plan to me or anyone but Self.

Maybe Doke has figured out how to shoot free throws?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
KU showed up and played a good game but they had help. I dont know shit about how to beat a zone. I saw Vick get into the middle of the zone and make that little jumper. Seems to me had they thrown the ball to their best player in the middle and let Wade do his thing, KU would have given up the zone rather quickly. Just have Wade stand outside the zone? Didn't seem like a good plan to me or anyone but Self.

Maybe Doke has figured out how to shoot free throws?
Doke has not figured it out. He was 2 out of 5.

You beat zones by making them rotate (change guys that each guy has to cover) and exploit soft spots in the zone or rotations. Having Wade outside for a couple possessions isn't a bad look, but as soon as dumb fuckers wouldn't move or rotate the ball, he needed to move to the elbow or the short corner. And they needed to feed him.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:06 AM 01-30-2018

You beat zones by making them rotate (change guys that each guy has to cover) and exploit soft spots in the zone or rotations. Having Wade outside for a couple possessions isn't a bad look, but as soon as dumb fuckers wouldn't move or rotate the ball, he needed to move to the elbow or the short corner. And they needed to feed him.
All things considered, 2 out of 5 was a pleasant surprise. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:09 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
:-) Fair enough.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:12 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:

That’s up from 1-9.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:32 AM 01-30-2018
Definitely not. But - he made 2 in a row which has to be worth something, right? :-)

He's got the weirdest free throw form. I'll never understand why he shoots the ball from the left side of his face. I will say though, other than the first one he shot, the others looked more like a shot rather than him just chucking the ball up there.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:48 AM 01-30-2018
Any rule that says you can’t just shoot it with both hands under handed?

Between the legs little flip up to the basket.

Probably has a better chance than the dumpster he’s throwing st the rim.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 293
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up