ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 37
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Media Center>Kodi Add Ons?
laser1972 10:26 AM 01-06-2016
I can do the search, but mostly its a lot of info, thought this qould be quicker..

I bought a box off the net and put Phoenix on there which I used most of the time, all other like Genesis, etc are gone.

Anyone else got some more add ons to add?.. Mostly for movies and tv shows.. Maybe NFL ticket?

Thanks to alL!
[Reply]
Mecca 01:10 PM 07-21-2017
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I pay for speed but not usage so I don't have that issue. With the current changes that seem like they'll allow ISPs to charge more for usage, that may change. If it does, I'll probably need to reexamine how I get media.
I'm paying for speed and usage since there's a data cap that I'm basically tripling every month.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:42 PM 07-21-2017
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm paying for speed and usage since there's a data cap that I'm basically tripling every month.
I work from home most of the time so I have a need for a strong, consistent connection. I'm also generally streaming something in the background while I'm working so I'm not sitting there in silence all day. Here are my options.

12MBs down/3MBs Up - $42 a month
75MBs down/7MBs Up - $56 a month
120MBs down/12MBs Up - $76 a month
1GBs down/20MBs Up - $100 a month.

I choose the second option so I pay basically $60 a month once taxes, etc. are applied. I don't consider that cheap by any means but it's what I need for work and when I've got multiple TVs or other devices streaming content, it's basically the lowest I feel I can go. I'm so glad I don't pay for usage. If I had that setup, I'd probably have a crazy bill.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:02 PM 07-21-2017
I have a setup like that with more people, I have Comcasts top package with a deal I was paying 50 then had to pay another 50 to go unlimited so I'm at 100 a month now for top speed and using nearly 4TB a month when they cap at 1.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
007 03:33 PM 07-21-2017
Question guys, I'm assuming we're all cord cutters here, with all the streaming done do you guys get massively high internet usage rates? Mine are through the roof like insane numbers that frankly when I read up about it even experts act like no household could pull.
define insane
[Reply]
Mecca 04:44 PM 07-21-2017
I average almost 4TB a month in usage. Everything says 1TB is hard to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
007 05:10 PM 07-21-2017
I average almost 4TB a month in usage. Everything says 1TB is hard to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah that's insane. I've never done closer to 1tb
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:36 PM 07-21-2017
What the fuck are you doing to get to 4 TB a month? Streaming 24/7?
[Reply]
Fish 10:09 PM 07-21-2017
Question guys, I'm assuming we're all cord cutters here, with all the streaming done do you guys get massively high internet usage rates? Mine are through the roof like insane numbers that frankly when I read up about it even experts act like no household could pull.
Google Fiber, bitch. No worries, not sure what you're talkin about....
[Reply]
Fish 10:09 PM 07-21-2017
I average almost 4TB a month in usage.
Posted via Mobile Device
Really doubtful.
[Reply]
ILChief 09:04 AM 07-22-2017
Do you guys use a VPN when you use Kodi? My internet connection is about 21 mbps down. Not insanely blazing but good enough. When I connect to a VPN, though it drops to horrible speeds. I have tried several. Which one has decent speeds. I am running a FireStick right now. Am looking at pure android tv boxes.
[Reply]
Fish 10:44 AM 07-22-2017
I don't bother with a VPN. In my opinion, it's not necessary.
[Reply]
Scorp 10:50 AM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
I don't bother with a VPN. In my opinion, it's not necessary.
It absolutely is necessary. It encrypts the data, so your ISP can't see what you are doing.
[Reply]
Fish 11:23 AM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Scorp:
It absolutely is necessary. It encrypts the data, so your ISP can't see what you are doing.
It's not necessary unless you are hosting copyrighted material. There's nothing illegal about streaming. If all you do is stream stuff, a VPN is doing nothing but killing your transfer speeds.
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:38 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
There's nothing illegal about streaming.
I'm not sure this is true... but no one cares about it like they do for people uploading/hosting. I'm with you on the needlessness of a VPN at this point.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:18 PM 07-23-2017
Any recommendations on devices for streaming? Currently I have an Amazon fire stick. I don't think it has the horsepower it really needs. Looking at different Android TV boxes. There are tons of them that appear to range from awesome to crap
[Reply]
Page 27 of 37
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up