ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 57 of 114
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:17 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Do you think everyone lives in Raytown? Legends is closer to OP, about the same distance from downtown, not significantly further to the Northland... yeah, people in Independence/Blue Springs might have to suck it up and drive an extra 30 minutes like most of the metro does now... :-)
"An extra 30 minutes" in normal traffic, much longer in game day traffic. You conveniently leave out Lee's Summit, Liberty, all of Cass. My hope is that if/when they leave Arrowhead, will it just be a ridiculous money grab (more suites, fewer seats) and will the current game day experience turn into the same game day as about 30 other NFL teams...bland, corporate co-opting of the tailgating, because you know that's the goal.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:20 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
"An extra 30 minutes" in normal traffic, much longer in game day traffic. You conveniently leave out Lee's Summit, Liberty, all of Cass. My hope is that if/when they leave Arrowhead, will it just be a ridiculous money grab (more suites, fewer seats) and will the current game day experience turn into the same game day as about 30 other NFL teams...bland, corporate co-opting of the tailgating, because you know that's the goal.
You're about as scared of this extra driving as downtown ballpark voters were of parking their SuperDuty.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:21 AM 04-03-2024
This is the weirdest fucking city I swear, OMG traffic, if you think traffic in KC is bad I emplore you to go anywhere else, drive in Houston during rush hour makes traffic here feel like a mild breeze.
[Reply]
Fish 10:21 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well sure, but it sure swings the pendulum pretty far in that direction, don't you think?
The pendulum was a giant stinky turd tied to a stick. The proposal was really that terrible. The Royals did a major disservice to everyone with this rushed proposal that failed to answer any of the important questions. The most important details in the proposal that could/should have swayed local taxpayers amounted to a defensive "Trust us, Bro." It couldn't have been planned any worse. Nobody I know who voted NO wants either team to move out of the city. We want a proposal that isn't simply a $2B blank check.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The Legends would become the football equivalent of the Braves' Battery... except less walkable.

And if you think Hunt is going to sink hundreds of millions into a facility that allows for Lot A levels of booze and food consumption that the team doesn't see a dime from..
Though he wouldn't necessarily be prevented from owning/investing in many of those businesses.

It's what a lot of the baseball stadiums are doing. The team is building a 'community park' with a bunch of bars and such that they own. It's a racket, but it appears to be working out for them.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:22 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
About as many fans as the stadium will hold....I'm guessing about 80,000 fans would be willing. You really think they won't be selling out every game anymore?
No, I think they would, but there would be huge changes. The Arrowhead experience is unique in the world, and I think a move to corporateville would dismantle that. I don't think anything is improved from a fan's persepctive (unless you live in Shawnee or Bonner!). I think Donovan and company gave us glimpses of the future during the draft...Chiefs/sponsored tents only with $12 beers, $18 cheeseburgers and make you pay to bring in tents and grills.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:22 AM 04-03-2024
The idea of the Chiefs in Kansas makes me want to puke.

This team deserves better than to be associated with that disgusting state.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is the weirdest fucking city I swear, OMG traffic, if you think traffic in KC is bad I emplore you to go anywhere else, drive in Houston during rush hour makes traffic here feel like a mild breeze.
Then move to fucking Houston.

That's the point - people don't WANT to deal with Houston traffic trying to get through downtown KC.

It's a legitimate concern. You're the most haughty goddamn communist I've ever met.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:24 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The idea of the Chiefs in Kansas makes me want to puke.

This team deserves better than to be associated with that disgusting state.
You legit live in a toilet bowl.

Shut up bitch
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:24 AM 04-03-2024
It's awful...the anchor tenant is a furniture store. It is not an entertainment district that would draw out of town fans. The raceway attracts people 2-3x/ year? Sporting plays 2-3x a month for 8-9 months? They have trouble keeping restaurants staffed due to the uneven traffic, and those are mostly terrible chains. The only plan for the empty husk Cerner building is senior living! It only checks the parking space box, the rest is barely an improvement over the existing due to the location.
Not in favor of it, but a dome would bring events nearly every weekend...
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:25 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Yes, the Chiefs 8-10 times a year. Plus.....

Concerts. Final Fours. Super Bowls. etc, etc, etc.
Who plays stadiums any more? Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney? Yay. A final Four and a Super Bowl would be cool, but not at the expense of our current Arrowhead experience.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:25 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Then move to fucking Houston.

That's the point - people don't WANT to deal with Houston traffic trying to get through downtown KC.

It's a legitimate concern. You're the most haughty goddamn communist I've ever met.
Well the entire country is built on everyone owning a car, traffic comes with that.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:25 AM 04-03-2024
Who plays stadiums any more? Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney? Yay. A final Four and a Super Bowl would be cool, but not at the expense of our current Arrowhead experience.
This is gonna suck for you to hear, Arrowhead is old as hell and is not going to be around forever.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:26 AM 04-03-2024
This is gonna suck for you to hear, Arrowhead is old as hell and is not going to be around forever.
Donovan is firing up the deep concrete scanner as we speak.

And they're finding cancer everywhere in them ol' bones.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 04-03-2024
Well the entire country is built on everyone owning a car, traffic comes with that.
Yes - and people need food, clothing and shelter. The amount they're willing to pay for those things often determines where they live.

To pretend these decisions don't come based in large part on a simple question of degrees is just being obtuse.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 114
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Up