ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 259 of 319
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:11 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm not being passive aggressive, and I'm not really whining. Point blank, I simply don't think we've done well enough in the draft at a lot of positions, whether you agree or not I don't really care. Maybe it's a bit of an overreaction to the Super Bowl, but at the end of the day when I compare the KC roster to that of TB I don't see that many position groups where I would take our guys over theirs. Certainly at QB, TE, and I guess RB, but when I look at the rest of the position groups I'm probably taking what TB has to offer over what KC has.

Go suck Chargers cock. They always have a great team on paper. They’re so deep at so many position groups! Telesco is a muuuuch better GM than Veach! Name one player Veach has drafted as GM as good as Joey Bosa!!!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:14 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
When you’re constantly drafting at the end of every round like the chiefs will be, it’s really hard to get blue chip talents at high profile positions.
It might be difficult but certainly not impossible.

The Ravens and Steelers seem to find great players every year when picking at the bottom half or bottom third of the 1st round while dynasties like the Bill Walsh/George Siefert teams and the Buffalo Bills of the mid-80's to the mid-90's did the same. Reid drafted plenty of studs and future Hall of Famer during tenure as GM and head coach in Philly as well.

I don't think there's any question of whether or not Veach is up to the task. People just need to be patient because we've entered the Long Game at this point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:15 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Who has called Veach an idiot? YOU guys are the one pushing that narrative. You can disagree with moves but still like Veach as a GM.
more than one busy poster has called his performance in this offseason a failure.
[Reply]
In58men 08:17 PM 03-18-2021
Are we going after Juju? I’ve been hearing some things.
[Reply]
-King- 08:24 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
more than one busy poster has called his performance in this offseason a failure.
...that's not calling him an idiot.

I give Thuney signing an A++

I give the rest so far a D.

I still think he's a very good GM.
[Reply]
-King- 08:25 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Are we going after Juju? I’ve been hearing some things.
Hopefully. Link?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:25 PM 03-18-2021
It's the offseason, so fluff pieces are certainly things to be aware of, but am I crazy in thinking that Niang could be our LT and actually be pretty good?

I just look at his scouting profile from last year, and seeing that Athletic article says to me that contrary to what stupid whiney bitch fans on here love to spout from their vaginas, Niang wasn't just sitting around getting fat the entire year.

He was a part of the playbook, and he was refining technique. That kind of gap year and daily routine isn't for everybody, but if you're dedicated to it, man, it can be SO awesome for one's development.

I don't expect the Chiefs to just stand pat at the tackle position, no, but what so many guys on here are calling a weakness with wherever Niang plays I think will actually be a STRENGTH along our OL this year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:30 PM 03-18-2021
...that's not calling him an idiot.

I give Thuney signing an A++

I give the rest so far a D.

I still think he's a very good GM.
You're giving him a D because he's filling in gaps in the roster that have to eventually be filled anyway, and the guys he's signing are as good as anybody out there for the roles they'd serve on a football team?

Look, you don't have to suck the guy's dick, but thus far Veach hasn't fucked up or done anything that reasonably deserves criticism. He went HARD after the best LT, and that guy stuck with his old team. Other than that, name all the free agents that Veach should have signed by now. Name all the contracts and deals he's made that were bad ones.

Too many people (yes, including you) are going, "Where's our fucking LT? Huh? C'mon Brad, give us our starting LT right now or else we're going to claim on the internet that you're doing a shitty job! Actually we'll probably do that anyway!"
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:31 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
am I crazy in thinking that Niang could be our LT and actually be pretty good?

[Reply]
staylor26 08:37 PM 03-18-2021
You're giving him a D because he's filling in gaps in the roster that have to eventually be filled anyway, and the guys he's signing are as good as anybody out there for the roles they'd serve on a football team?

Look, you don't have to suck the guy's dick, but thus far Veach hasn't fucked up or done anything that reasonably deserves criticism. He went HARD after the best LT, and that guy stuck with his old team. Other than that, name all the free agents that Veach should have signed by now. Name all the contracts and deals he's made that were bad ones.

Too many people (yes, including you) are going, "Where's our fucking LT? Huh? C'mon Brad, give us our starting LT right now or else we're going to claim on the internet that you're doing a shitty job! Actually we'll probably do that anyway!"
He gets a D because he didn’t sign Fells or Cook, and Kyle Long is the worst signing ever!
[Reply]
-King- 08:41 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He gets a D because he didn’t sign Fells or Cook, and Kyle Long is the worst signing ever!
Can you grade the players we have signed so far?

I'll go:

Thuney: A++
Reiter: B-
Wylie: D
Keizer: F
Neiman: D-
Remmers: C
Bell: C
Long: F
[Reply]
staylor26 08:43 PM 03-18-2021
Can you grade the players we have signed so far?

I'll go:

Thuney: A++
Reiter: B-
Wylie: D
Keizer: F
Neiman: D-
Remmers: C
Bell: C
Long: F
1. We haven’t signed Reiter.

2. Most of those guys are depth signings and it appears that you’re grading them all on the same scale. Do you think any team has A+++ signings across the board? How would a depth guy ever be be an A+++ signing? Kyle Long is just so bad that even on a cheap deal he’s an F?

:-)

You’re a joke.
[Reply]
-King- 08:44 PM 03-18-2021

You don't get bonus points for trying to get someone so I'm not giving him any credit for going hard after Williams. Any more than I'd give Ryan Pace credit for going hard after Russell Wilson but then falling back to Dalton.

My grade was based on what has happened so far. It could change if he makes a trade or a signing. For example of he signed Juju, I'd grade that an "A" signing. If he signed Reiff, that would be a good "V" signing. That's fair IMO.
[Reply]
-King- 08:47 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
1. We haven’t signed Reiter.

2. Most of those guys are depth signings and it appears that you’re grading them all on the same scale. Do you think any team has A+++ signings across the board? How would a depth guy ever be be an A+++ signing? Kyle Long is just so bad that even on a cheap deal he’s an F?

:-)

You’re a joke.
Oh my bad, take Reiter off the board then.

And I think we have made an A++ signing with Thuney. SF did with Williams. Chargers did with Linsley etc. I don't know if a depth guy can be an A signing. I don't really think so. Thats why I gave a guy like Bell a C. He's not a bad signing but at the same time I wouldn't consider him a plus signing so yeah it's an average signing.

So can I get your grades?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:53 PM 03-18-2021
Oh my bad, take Reiter off the board then.

And I think we have made an A++ signing with Thuney. SF did with Williams. Chargers did with Linsley etc. I don't know if a depth guy can be an A signing. I don't really think so. Thats why I gave a guy like Bell a C. He's not a bad signing but at the same time I wouldn't consider him a plus signing so yeah it's an average signing.

So can I get your grades?
It’s not about the grades on the individual players dumbass. It’s giving Veach a “D for the rest” that we’re laughing at. Of course all the signings outside of Thuney aren’t going to be anything special. That’s why there’s a huge difference in contracts. To grade Thuney an A++ but Long and F goes to show how silly what you’re trying to do is and how clueless you are.
[Reply]
Page 259 of 319
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309 > Last »
Up