ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 40
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
huskerdooz 02:04 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
Oooh! OoOOH!!!

Which planeteer had a vehicle stolen in a foreign country? What country? Can you describe the vehicle?
Phobia had his p/u stolen in Mexico when he was helping build Endelt's deck????
[Reply]
huskerdooz 02:46 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical:
Name the three posters who have started 10,000 post threads
Just a guess,

Rainman
Goatse
and yourself Ill-Logical

possibly Laz if one of the above is incorrect
[Reply]
kstater 04:38 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by chefsos:
The funniest beatdown I ever saw didn't even occur here. Couple of years ago an opposing fan came in, only to be shocked (shocked!!) and appalled. Went back to his home board and said so.

He didn't know that he was followed, and he certainly didn't comprehend that he was getting soundly abused. Heh. The fun starts 30-40 posts in.

Rain Man and Phobia visit a Jets fan.
Here's the linke to the original CP thread that kicked it off. First 100 posts or so then it kind of flames out.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...7&page=1&pp=80
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:01 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by VonneMarie:
Ask the meaning of the Arby's roast beef sandwich thing. Cuz I personally would like to know.
Eyes roll, from a picture of a big montana, to a picture of Britney stepping out of a car, . . . to a big montana.
[Reply]
jeffrho68 05:57 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical:
Who is the only poster to have posted an I am leaving thread, and then never post even 1 single post thereafter?
Gaz.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 06:02 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by huskerdooz:
Not listed but these might apply.

KCJohnny - RBBC (Running Back by Committee), The Ramification of the Chiefs, and of course the care package from Gunther.
yes,

RBBC
Ramification

good additions....
[Reply]
dtforever 06:50 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
1. Name the player and his mother's handle who posted here for at least 2 seasons.
Mikhael Ricks' mom posted here as Ethelyn.
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:53 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by dtforever:
Mikhael Ricks' mom posted here as Ethelyn.
sweet 8lb baby Jesus, we have a winnah.

dtforever +1

Michael Ricks(WR/TE) mother, Etheylyn posted on Chiefsplanet fairly regularly. For the most part, she was treated respectfully and with kid gloves, even though his play on the field was was about as good as an under sugared-diabetic with severe Parkinsons diseason and Tourettes Syndrome playing Jenga. She eventually left and followed him to Detroit boards, stopping in occasionally.

It is rumored that other Chiefs players lurk and I've heard of 1 who may have posted.
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:55 AM 03-18-2008
+2 kcking

I'm not sure I'd have gotten all 7.

Originally Posted by KcKing:
Amnorix - Patriots

BucEyePea - Bucs

Garcia Bronco - Broncos

Joe Seahawk - Seahawks

Mile High Mania - Broncos

Taco John - Broncos

Ugly Duck - Raiders

[Reply]
Iowanian 06:57 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
yes,

RBBC
Ramification

good additions....

These cannot go without mentioning the infamouse PPL(Planet Party Line)
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:59 AM 03-18-2008
sweet 8lb baby Jesus, we have a winnah.

dtforever +1

Michael Ricks(WR/TE) mother, Etheylyn posted on Chiefsplanet fairly regularly. For the most part, she was treated respectfully and with kid gloves, even though his play on the field was was about as good as an under sugared-diabetic with severe Parkinsons diseason and Tourettes Syndrome playing Jenga. She eventually left and followed him to Detroit boards, stopping in occasionally.

It is rumored that other Chiefs players lurk and I've heard of 1 who may have posted.
Wasn't Carlton Gray rumored to have actually posted on the Planet? Who else?
[Reply]
dtforever 07:06 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
The cowboys fan's initials were J.E.

one of the funniest stories about J.E. was when a long time poster created a fake name and J.E. tried to pick 'her' up...It may have been Iowanian, Phil or Dartgod that did the faking out. it was too funny.
Wow...I had a lightbulb moment. How can I remember this, but forget my wife's birthday? The initials gave it to me...Jason Ernzen. What a douche.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:10 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by huskerdooz:
Phobia had his p/u stolen in Mexico when he was helping build Endelt's deck????
+1 huskerdooz

Phildo went to Az to build a deck on the roof of endelt's condo. They made a beer run to me-he-co and phil left his Tahoe? in a parking lot, to never see it again. He finished the deck. I believe he purchased an oversized Ford truck to get home.

Here is the associated thread of the occasion
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118905
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:11 AM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by dtforever:
Wow...I had a lightbulb moment. How can I remember this, but forget my wife's birthday? The initials gave it to me...Jason Ernzen. What a douche.
+1 dtforever

This is indeed the douchebag cowboy fan.

I realized we haven't had an explanation of
"classless and deranged"

I won't rest until I get my answer, with links to the River Falls Shower event, and a link to that threadstarter....AND the thread by Phobia that followed. This answer is now worth 5 points.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:15 AM 03-18-2008
+1 dtforever

This is indeed the douchebag cowboy fan.
wasn't there a female poster on the Star board who either worked in his office or know someone who did and got him in a bit of trouble for his posting from work habit? Or maybe they just made him sweat about it, but never really narced on him?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 40
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up