ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 319
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Petro was talking today about the Chiefs flipping a mid round pick for Ertz. I didn’t hear the whole conversation, so I’m not sure if there is any smoke or just throwing ideas out.
Trading for a TE to pair with Kelce. Interesting. Would signal a possible change to more 12 personnel, which would change our blocking a bit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:52 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Very few LB's are ever first round talents, even the ones taken in the first round.

It's just not worth the draft capital unless you're in the top 10-15 and getting a rare prospect.
You definitely don’t get the bang for your buck out of that position anymore.

I’m okay with it if it’s purely a BPA pick. I hate it if they reach to fill a need (which isn’t really a need anyway) though.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:53 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I really wish we knew if they took him as Fishers eventual replacement or Schwartz.
How many players that were RT, and only played on the right side, in college ever successfully switch to LT in the pros?
I bet it is not many.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:54 PM 02-15-2021
Trading for a TE to pair with Kelce. Interesting. Would signal a possible change to more 12 personnel, which would change our blocking a bit.
His thought was basically that Reid uses 2 TEs even when the second one is garbage. This gives the Chiefs exclusive rights to pick up Ertz on a 1-year $8 million deal. We probably won’t find a deal better than that in FA nor would we draft a better player in the mid rounds to win today.

I kinda like the idea.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Petro was talking today about the Chiefs flipping a mid round pick for Ertz. I didn’t hear the whole conversation, so I’m not sure if there is any smoke or just throwing ideas out.
FYI

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...olts-seahawks/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-ertz-and-more

Right now, it looks like all the discussions of Ertz deal with using him in a package to get rid of Wentz.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:00 PM 02-15-2021
Ertz is always injured. We don't need another player that is only playing for part of half a season especially for 1 year $8M. Fuck that
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:06 PM 02-15-2021
TE is a tough spot to fill out cause on one hand you need a TE2 who can block primarily, but you also need a viable backup for what Kelce does.

And I know, no replacing Kelce at all. But you need a guy cut from that same cloth who can run routes from varied alignments. I really think that’s what RSJ was here for in 2020. To be that guy in an emergency scenario.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:00 PM 02-15-2021
Very few LB's are ever first round talents, even the ones taken in the first round.

It's just not worth the draft capital unless you're in the top 10-15 and getting a rare prospect.
If a guy like Parsons or Collins falls to our pick, they have to be in the conversation for our first. Gay is set to take over the weak side spot and Parsons/Collins project to strong side and middle.

It all depends on who falls.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:26 AM 02-16-2021
I don't know about the trade, but I've been hoping for a TE2 for forever.
[Reply]
-King- 12:39 AM 02-16-2021
They have no business drafting LB's for anything other than depth. Hitchens is just fine for what this team needs.
He's fine so I don't think replacing him is a priority.... But a starting MLB only only plays 55% of snaps is pretty terrible.
[Reply]
JonasKelce95 06:07 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If a guy like Parsons or Collins falls to our pick, they have to be in the conversation for our first. Gay is set to take over the weak side spot and Parsons/Collins project to strong side and middle.

It all depends on who falls.
It would be a dream scenario if a guy like Parsons falls to us, sad that´s very unlikely...i hope a good receiver will drop to us.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:59 AM 02-16-2021
Last off season we stayed the same and that's fine. Covid made it good to keep continuity and it paid off, we got back the the SB. But you are either getting better or getting worse. I really hope Veach can pull off a miracle and make the team better this time.

Staying the same won't get us back to the SB.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:14 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Ertz is always injured. We don't need another player that is only playing for part of half a season especially for 1 year $8M. Fuck that
Agree, and Philly is trying to get a first rounder with some combination of players, so I doubt we could trade for just Ertz anyway.

Still - I think if Chicago does trade for Wentz, it perhaps makes them more willing to trade another player, James Daniels, who I doubt they are going to want to pay what he would command on the open market. Nice little deal to be had if you ask me.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:43 AM 02-16-2021
I’ve saw 3 major mock drafts send Landon Dickerson to KC at 31 already. Daniel Jeremiah today, Matt Miller, and Dane Brugler.

Has medical red flags but is the best interior OL prospect in the class beyond that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’ve saw 3 major mock drafts send Landon Dickerson to KC at 31 already. Daniel Jeremiah today, Matt Miller, and Dane Brugler.

Has medical red flags but is the best interior OL prospect in the class beyond that.
Because what this team needs more of is players with injury histories.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 319
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up