ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 324 of 332
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:09 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I really hope that goofy spooky shit they did preshow and during Bronson Reeds promo isn't Uncle Howdy.
Yeah....didn't really like the Uncle Howdy stuff even when Bray was alive.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:25 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Yeah....didn't really like the Uncle Howdy stuff even when Bray was alive.
None of Bray Wyatt's nonsense post backwoods cult leader was ANY good once he got into the ring. Dude was creative as hell and some of those backstage segments were golden, but he never could translate it into in ring material that wasn't absolutely trash and cringe. Hell, before they fired him Reigns and Lesnar outright refused to work with him due to how abysmal his Fiend programs ended up being
[Reply]
LTL 08:39 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I think it is…they tease him pretty heavily in the Bray documentary…
Dunno if it will be uncle howdy. Documentary also showed another incarnation of the fiend that they had just finished not long before he passed. I could see doing something with that as well. Documentary itself was good though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:03 PM 04-10-2024
Can't believe AEW is still going to make fools of themselves and either release that CM Punk footage or do a skit about it.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:05 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Can't believe AEW is still going to make fools of themselves and either release that CM Punk footage or do a skit about it.
They're going to WCW 2000 this and it'll be some kind of stupid Young Bucks thing...

The whole thing is just baffling to me, what exactly are they hoping to gain by doing this?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:07 PM 04-10-2024
They're going to WCW 2000 this and it'll be some kind of stupid Young Bucks thing...

The whole thing is just baffling to me, what exactly are they hoping to gain by doing this?
They're using it to bring Jack Perry back for one...for 2 it's a way to throw shade at Punk who literally will not shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:07 PM 04-10-2024
I don't really watch wrestling (haven't watched it consistently since early 2000), but I did watch a lot of the Wrestlemania since I have Peacock and it was damn good.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:08 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're using it to bring Jack Perry back for one...for 2 it's a way to throw shade at Punk who literally will not shut the **** up.
And prove that Punk is still your biggest ratings draw despite him not working for your company? AEW has problems to solve and Punk talking is not one of them.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:08 PM 04-10-2024
They're using it to bring Jack Perry back for one...for 2 it's a way to throw shade at Punk who literally will not shut the fuck up.
The Jack Perry thing I can understand...the other part, throwing shade at Punk? Completely pointless and useless.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:10 PM 04-10-2024

Its just incredibly stupid. The show immediately afterwards you had a half dozen guys go on TV and publicly say they don't want to focus on the negatives and now the week after the Bucks are either going to legitimately show the footage or, even worse, do some stupid skit.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:10 PM 04-10-2024
The Jack Perry thing I can understand...the other part, throwing shade at Punk? Completely pointless and useless.
It's about as pointless as it was for him to throw shots at Will Ospreay for literally no reason.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:11 PM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
And prove that Punk is still your biggest ratings draw despite him not working for your company? AEW has problems to solve and Punk talking is not one of them.
I would be more sympathetic to the argument that AEW is using someone who doesn't work for the company for a build if Punk and Drew didn't spend 2 months using AEW as a backdrop for their feud including muffins and almost direct quotes.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:12 PM 04-10-2024
It's about as pointless as it was for him to throw shots at Will Ospreay for literally no reason.
The difference is...the WWE isn't promoting any of his comments or building their TV around it.

I like the "war" aspect of wrestling, trust me...makes it interesting. This particular decision just baffles me.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:14 PM 04-10-2024
I would be more sympathetic to the argument that AEW is using someone who doesn't work for the company for a build if Punk and Drew didn't spend 2 months using AEW as a backdrop for their feud including muffins and almost direct quotes.
Except WWE is using that to build a feud, so a goal and a way to draw an audience, and it has been highly entertaining because lets face it Punk and Drew are better on the mic than pretty much everybody in AEW.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:15 PM 04-10-2024
Punk and Drew using it to build to a money feud is a hell of a lot different than Khan and the Bucks either trying to embarrass Punk or bait and switching the most compelling footage they have with some goofy ass skit.
[Reply]
Page 324 of 332
« First < 224274314320321322323324 325326327328 > Last »
Up