ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 80
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
In58men 08:09 AM 07-08-2019
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mpression=true
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:14 AM 07-08-2019
U-Verse still fumbling around with the NFL network.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:29 AM 07-23-2019
Looks like they're (DirecTV/AT&T) playing hardball this year - at least with me anyway.

I've always received pretty substantial Sunday Ticket discounts in the past - $100/mo off my bill for 6 months 2 years ago, $40/mo off my bill for 1 year with free HBO for 6 months last year. I just call up acting like I want to cancel and they roll out the silver platter. Just got off the phone with them. Pulled the same routine as usual and they offered nothing. Told them to cancel. As he was cancelling, the guy mentioned that if I called in right before the start of the season I could probably get Sunday Ticket Max (the one with Red Zone included, normally ~$60/mo) for the price of the regular Sunday Ticket - about a $10/mo savings.

Will update when I call them to add it back.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:48 AM 07-23-2019
So good not to have DTV anymore.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:03 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Sure going downhill fast since AT&T got involved. No local CBS affiliate in Denver currently due to a pricing dispute.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:05 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Looks like they're (DirecTV/AT&T) playing hardball this year - at least with me anyway.

I've always received pretty substantial Sunday Ticket discounts in the past - $100/mo off my bill for 6 months 2 years ago, $40/mo off my bill for 1 year with free HBO for 6 months last year. I just call up acting like I want to cancel and they roll out the silver platter. Just got off the phone with them. Pulled the same routine as usual and they offered nothing. Told them to cancel. As he was cancelling, the guy mentioned that if I called in right before the start of the season I could probably get Sunday Ticket Max (the one with Red Zone included, normally ~$60/mo) for the price of the regular Sunday Ticket - about a $10/mo savings.

They are with everybody. ATT is literally shit.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:19 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:

They may end up calling you first. That is what happened when I legitimately cancelled last time in 4/2019. I think they had a pretty good deal but I was truly cancelling
[Reply]
SupDock 12:22 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
I am trying to figure what my options are now that I am not local. I would be more than willing to pay to see the games, but don't want to start a direct TV contract.
I could use r/nflstreams but am looking for something reliable. I am debating using a VPN and signing up for foreign NFL game day.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:33 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
They may end up calling you first. That is what happened when I legitimately cancelled last time in 4/2019. I think they had a pretty good deal but I was truly cancelling
Hope so.

If they actually knew how much they had me by the balls they'd charge me $500/mo for Sunday Ticket.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:37 PM 07-23-2019
I am trying to figure what my options are now that I am not local. I would be more than willing to pay to see the games, but don't want to start a direct TV contract.
I could use r/nflstreams but am looking for something reliable. I am debating using a VPN and signing up for foreign NFL game day.
I haven't been paying much attention, has there been some new development making r/nflstreams unreliable or has it just been unreliable for you in the past?
[Reply]
SupDock 12:39 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I haven't been paying much attention, has there been some new development making r/nflstreams unreliable or has it just been unreliable for you in the past?
I have no experience, just concerned it may be unreliable. Is this concern unwarranted in your experience?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:40 PM 07-23-2019
I watch what I can on TV/the road. They have a lot of primetime games now. And the ones I can’t watch I listen to on NFL mobile.

Hell last year I had to watch the colts chiefs on game cast then relisten to it when I got to the hotel.
[Reply]
notorious 12:41 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Was it back when Obama gave all that ARRA stimulus money? We did a 40 mile fiber run to establish a redundant path, but had to peel off runs for schools and a clinic to qualify for the grant.
It happened about 5-6 months ago.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:42 PM 07-23-2019
Then on Tuesday I watch the. On NFL mobile. It’s an adjustment for sure. But I don’t always get to watch live on sundays anymore.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:42 PM 07-23-2019
I have no experience, just concerned it may be unreliable. Is this concern unwarranted in your experience?
I've had zero problems using it exclusively in the past. I get a little nervous though as it works way too good to be sustainable, which is why I asked.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 80
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up