ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 38
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
F150 10:31 AM 11-24-2020

Antivaxers/pharmahaters take notice
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Which in turn causes the side effects in some people, yes?
Immune response IS the side effects. Fever, chills etc.
[Reply]
TLO 10:37 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Immune response IS the side effects. Fever, chills etc.
Yes yes, that was my meaning. Perhaps I didn't word it very well.

We're on the same page. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:44 AM 11-24-2020
It causes an immune response.
Originally Posted by TLO:
Which in turn causes the side effects in some people, yes?
That’s what they think is the cause of the long haulers. The immuno response didn’t stop after they defeated the virus. The immune response is attacking their healthy organs and brain. Weird it’s happening in relatively young people with no pre-existing conditions and were in great shape.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:48 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I haven't been suitably terrified for the last 8 months and not going to start now. I'll let the 1st responders and high risk groups who want it go first then after the smoke has cleared I'll look into it. Not scared of the vaccine but not scared of Covid either.
Yep.
[Reply]
tooge 10:48 AM 11-24-2020
LOL, basically the exact same. We did some things with reactivating patients and such to fill last month and this month, so it hasn't been too bad. I took some time off the end of October, since the shut down it had been pretty wild.

Washable gowns, n95 with a level 3 surgical mask over it, face shield and surgical caps for us.

Had alot of problems with hygienist coming back early. Had to let a few go who refused to come back and work because they didn't feel safe. Weirdly they felt more safe to go back to other offices and work once unemployment ran out. But thats a different subject.
Funny, we had the exact same thing. Had two hygienists that never came back. Oh well. We were just busier with the ones that stayed.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
Funny, we had the exact same thing. Had two hygienists that never came back. Oh well. We were just busier with the ones that stayed.
It's been a blessing TBH. I think it worked out good for me in the end.
[Reply]
tooge 10:53 AM 11-24-2020
It's been a blessing TBH. I think it worked out good for me in the end.
yep, same here.
[Reply]
loochy 11:55 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is purely just an attempt to get ahead of the incoming onslaught of misinformation, but...

The Pfizer vaccine (and probably others) DOES cause some pretty significant side effects for some people (<5%). It's short-lived (only a day or two), and nothing has been shown to be very major in the trial, but don't be surprised if you hear people telling stories of feeling awful and having to stay home from work or whatever after getting the vaccine.

It's expected and not a big deal in the end, but that doesn't mean it'll be fun for those who are impacted.

Those types of side effects should be expected, and if those are the types of side effects that people have their hang ups about....well then I don't know what to say.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:06 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Those types of side effects should be expected, and if those are the types of side effects that people have their hang ups about....well then I don't know what to say.
To be fair, the description sounds much worse than a flu reaction, which is what people will compare it to. I'm just anticipating a wave of "OMG THE VACCINE GAVE ME TEH COVIDS!!!!" based on how things go these days.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:09 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To be fair, the description sounds much worse than a flu reaction, which is what people will compare it to. I'm just anticipating a wave of "OMG THE VACCINE GAVE ME TEH COVIDS!!!!" based on how things go these days.
Given the amount of fear that has been built up around the virus, you find it ridiculous that some might feel apprehension around adverse reaction to this brand new injection?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:16 PM 11-24-2020
Pharmaceutical companies have our best interests at heart, people.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:16 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Given the amount of fear that has been built up around the virus, you find it ridiculous that some might feel apprehension around adverse reaction to this brand new injection?
Not at all. My point is that people should be aware that there are expected side effects so that they don't freak out when it happens.
[Reply]
Donger 12:17 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yes.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:18 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Pharmaceutical companies have our best interests at heart, people.
No one should trust any organization unconditionally. That said, using one drug company as a reason to distrust all of them is like assuming all people are murderers because some are.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 38
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up