ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3064 of 3903
« First < 2064256429643014305430603061306230633064 30653066306730683074311431643564 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:13 PM 10-31-2020
I feel like it's pretty obvious at this point the virus loves cold weather.
[Reply]
phisherman 11:29 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I feel like it's pretty obvious at this point the virus loves cold weather.
I feel like it's pretty obvious at this point that the virus loves your face.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:03 AM 11-01-2020
Wow that was really clever!

Have you been a Lee's Scummiter all your life?
[Reply]
phisherman 08:48 AM 11-01-2020
Wow that was really clever!

Have you been a Lee's Scummiter all your life?
Negative. I'm originally from Spindependence.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:37 AM 11-01-2020
Day 9 since onset of symptoms: smell and taste had come back somewhat yesterday. This morning they were gone again for a while but are back to similar as yesterday which is not 100%. Swollen gland is still hanging around though not as bad. But today it is actually making my right ear feel like it's congested. Irritating but not painful.

No fevers in 2 days. Energy is starting to return.
[Reply]
Coach 10:15 AM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Day 9 since onset of symptoms: smell and taste had come back somewhat yesterday. This morning they were gone again for a while but are back to similar as yesterday which is not 100%. Swollen gland is still hanging around though not as bad. But today it is actually making my right ear feel like it's congested. Irritating but not painful.

No fevers in 2 days. Energy is starting to return.
Good to hear!

Will you do a post-follow up with your doctor(s) to ensure nothing internally is affected?
[Reply]
TLO 10:22 AM 11-01-2020
Fauci
[Reply]
petegz28 10:37 AM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Good to hear!

Will you do a post-follow up with your doctor(s) to ensure nothing internally is affected?
Most likely.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:48 AM 11-01-2020
Covid Log Update: Entry # I lost count......

It has been 9 days since the virus set in. What started off as the feeling of a cold or flu turned to a most fiendish enemy. It robbed me of my taste and smell. It put the fever on me. It made the right side of my face swell up in pain. I have been cast aside from my family in the name of safety. My Son is no longer attending his educational facility. My Wife is toughing this out taking care of both him and me. How she has not contracted the virus is simply astonishing.

Now I sit here, post-Halloween, feeling depressed that my Son was unable to participate in the annual tradition known as "trick or treating". I sit once more isolated from him and my Wife counting the minutes until my 10 day isolation period ends. Today breeds a bit of hope though. While my swollen gland still lingers and irritates, the fever has been vanquished for now. The sense of taste and smell has battled back though not at full strength. And the Kansas City Chiefs are about to face the New York Jets at the friendly confines of what is known as Arrowhead Stadium.

Yes, today breeds hope of not only continued recovery from the fiendish Corona Virus, the end of the 10 day isolation period but also the Kansas City Chiefs moving to 7-1 on the season.

I will report back post-football match with updates. This day will be a day of hope, not a day of defeat or despair. Tomorrow promises much. A new day. The last day of isolation. And a Monday that follows a victory by the Kansas City Chiefs!!!!
[Reply]
Monticore 10:54 AM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
With viruses you’ve gotta get antivirals on board super early. That’s tough.

By the time you get sick enough to get treatment, it’s too far along to really do much for viral replication.

Just treat symptoms and hope body beats it

It’s why a vaccine that stops infection and transmission is always preferable
This, even something like a cold sore if you can start the anti virals before sore comes out you can prevent it from ever coming out but once it’s out they don’t do much . Not sure if you can develop tolerance to antivirals like tami flu where the more it is used it becomes less effective.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:49 AM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Negative. I'm originally from Spindependence.
Same here, then we moved to Blue Springs. Never liked The Scummit ever since.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:39 PM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Covid Log Update: Entry # I lost count......

It has been 9 days since the virus set in. What started off as the feeling of a cold or flu turned to a most fiendish enemy. It robbed me of my taste and smell. It put the fever on me. It made the right side of my face swell up in pain. I have been cast aside from my family in the name of safety. My Son is no longer attending his educational facility. My Wife is toughing this out taking care of both him and me. How she has not contracted the virus is simply astonishing.

Now I sit here, post-Halloween, feeling depressed that my Son was unable to participate in the annual tradition known as "trick or treating". I sit once more isolated from him and my Wife counting the minutes until my 10 day isolation period ends. Today breeds a bit of hope though. While my swollen gland still lingers and irritates, the fever has been vanquished for now. The sense of taste and smell has battled back though not at full strength. And the Kansas City Chiefs are about to face the New York Jets at the friendly confines of what is known as Arrowhead Stadium.

Yes, today breeds hope of not only continued recovery from the fiendish Corona Virus, the end of the 10 day isolation period but also the Kansas City Chiefs moving to 7-1 on the season.

I will report back post-football match with updates. This day will be a day of hope, not a day of defeat or despair. Tomorrow promises much. A new day. The last day of isolation. And a Monday that follows a victory by the Kansas City Chiefs!!!!
Post-match update: As expected, the Chiefs of Kansas City beat the Jets from New York soundly. Health status continues to improve though moderately. I indulged in a fastfood style cheeseburger from Sonic. I could mostly taste it but not quite 100%. If health continues to improve I will submit a work clearance request tomorrow. This victory of the Kansas City Chiefs will certainly lend aid to a good night's rest as the viewing of highlights will make for good bedtime tv.

Isolation ends tomorrow night. I welcome the thought of hugging and kissing my Son again. It has been sorely missed. I also welcome kissing and hugging my Wife again but it's my Son that I miss the most. I cannot recall looking this forward to a Monday.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:27 PM 11-01-2020
Same here, then we moved to Blue Springs. Never liked The Scummit ever since.
What year did you graduate? I might actually know your suzzy ass.
[Reply]
phisherman 07:31 PM 11-01-2020
Post-match update of Pete's friend from work: Chiefs dominated. I told him they would kick the shit out of the Jets and he didn't really argue with me.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:30 PM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
What year did you graduate? I might actually know your suzzy ass.
[Reply]
Page 3064 of 3903
« First < 2064256429643014305430603061306230633064 30653066306730683074311431643564 > Last »
Up