ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Defector: This Could Be The Thinnest NFL Draft In Living Memory
Skyy God 12:28 PM 04-16-2021
Good read about the dynamics of why there are fewer players in the 2021 draft.

https://defector.com/this-could-be-t...living-memory/
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:29 PM 04-16-2021
Remember when Todd Haley made all our fat guys lose a bunch of weight?

Good times. Good times.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:30 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
We all know there's a plan in place, just wish like hell we knew what it was...
I don’t think a lot of the FAs left are going to sign with anybody until after the draft. They’ll know what teams still have needs and who they’ll have a shot with. If the Chiefs trade up for a LT then they won’t need Okung. If they take one in the 2nd to 3rd round....they’ll probably bring him in for a visit.

Kind of the same thing with DE and Ingram.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If that’s worst case scenario, we’ll be fine.
For sure. Zaven Collins is huge athletic freak. We could do a lot worse than Collins. Doesn't seem like a scheme fit though.

Patriots make sense for a player like that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:34 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
For sure. Zaven Collins is huge athletic freak. We could do a lot worse than Collins. Doesn't seem like a scheme fit though.

Patriots make sense for a player like that.
He's absolutely freakish physically. His tape is very up and down though. One play he looks like the best player on the field and the next, he looks lost.

Like I said, we could do a lot worse but I think we could do a lot better as well.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:48 PM 04-16-2021

#NFLDraft Predictions

Three I'd be surprised if they go 1st round despite being Mocked there: Jamin Davis, Nick Bolton, Jayson Oweh, Gregory Rousseau

Four I expect to go in the 1st despite being in fewer Mocks: Rashod Bateman, Carlos Basham, Alex Leatherwood, Creed Humphrey

— Eric Galko (@EricGalko) April 16, 2021

[Reply]
J Diddy 05:47 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Remember when Todd Haley made all our fat guys lose a bunch of weight?

Good times. Good times.

Wasn't it the Rock and Bowl version of golf that made it happen?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:00 PM 04-16-2021
Veach(opps, The Chiefs) like collecting O-line out of Cleveland(draft). We good.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:33 PM 04-16-2021
The one thing I've learned. ...draftniks know absolutely jack shit and their evaluations mean nothing
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:16 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Rousseau seems to be sliding. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 2nd at this point. Nick Bolton never should have been talked about as a 1st rounder to begin with so him going in the 2nd wouldn't be a shock at all. Oweh - I don't know. His workout was exceptional. It depends on where teams had him before he put up the eye-popping numbers because I'm sure the whole "no sacks" things matters to at least a few teams.

I've always thought Bateman was a first rounder. Leatherwood wouldn't surprise me. I can't see anybody taking Humphrey in the 1st just due to his positional value but I guess we'll see.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:14 PM 04-17-2021
I have to disagree, the drafts doesn’t seem to be thinner there’s just less known about many prospects. You have to trust your scouting and get lucky on health and that’s not much different than any other year. I’m no expert but neither are the people writing these and doing mocks. This should be a prime year for teams with established profiles and draft styles to find guys in the weeds that are getting looked over.
[Reply]
kcclone 02:21 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The one thing I've learned. ...draftniks know absolutely jack shit and their evaluations mean nothing
On Thursday I spoke to someone very much in a position to know about the OL prospects in this draft and they believe there are day-1 OL starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

That bodes well for the Chiefs of true.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:57 PM 04-17-2021
Speaking of the draft, our own Brett Veach just barely cracked the top 10 in the NFL's GM draft power rankings

I'm guessing many of you will have thoughts on this...

https://www.nfl.com/news/general-man...-draft-edition
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:26 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Speaking of the draft, our own Brett Veach just barely cracked the top 10 in the NFL's GM draft power rankings

I'm guessing many of you will have thoughts on this...

https://www.nfl.com/news/general-man...-draft-edition
He’s top 5 at worst.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:27 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
On Thursday I spoke to someone very much in a position to know about the OL prospects in this draft and they believe there are day-1 OL starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

WR/DE R1 and LT R2 would be ideal.

Also, whether the LT is a 5-10 year starter seems beside the point.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:02 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:

Translation there will be trade up for a LT if they like one in the 1st round
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up