ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:47 PM 04-16-2021
fixed that

Originally Posted by BWillie:
[IMG]https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F20%2F2020%2F12%2F25%2Fpatrick-mahomes-2.jpg[/IMG]

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:47 PM 04-16-2021
I'm sure there are some other beer nerds here that know this- but BKS in Brookside is amongst the best breweries in the US. They have been closed during the pandemic, but have continued to produce beers for to go consumption.

They do preorders for weekend pickup, and start selling at 7:00 PM. They typically sell out at 7:01 PM (or earlier).

Alma Mader is within walking distance of Boulevard but like BKS, has been closed during the pandemic. They really like to focus on lagers, pilsners, and "crispy" beers :-) But they make outstanding hazy IPA's and have been pumping those out to stay afloat since they are in such high demand.
[Reply]
scho63 06:48 PM 04-16-2021
Tank 7 is a wonderful beer.

Now you know what all the fuss was about. :-)
[Reply]
ghak99 06:49 PM 04-16-2021
Who can tell me what to replace 80 Acre with that's easily found on the shelf?

I really enjoyed it during the heat of the summer, but those fuckers discontinued it and I have yet to find a decent replacement.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:49 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Right. My point was other cities experienced the small brewery explosion much sooner because they didn’t house a world class brewery like BLVD.

It wasn’t a knock on KC
I dunno about all that. I've done a fair amount of traveling specifically just to visit breweries and drink beer and i'd say Kansas City is on par with everyone else at this stage.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:52 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Who can tell me what to replace 80 Acre with that's easily found on the shelf?

I really enjoyed it during the heat of the summer, but those fuckers discontinued it and I have yet to find a decent replacement.
Get anything labeled a "session ipa" or low cal ipa and you'll be golden.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:55 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Thanks, will check those out next trip back.
:-)
Nimble is pretty small but I believe they are trying to get up to speed to be more consistent on their releases, but everything i've had is top notch.

This is a stretch - but I see your location is Arizona - have you had much exposure to the New Mexico craft beer scene? I'm going to ABQ in June and i've been working on a list of places i'd like to visit.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:56 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Fun fact: BBQ is just "The Sixth Glass" aged in Bourbon Barrels.
Sonofabitch, it's all coming together now. Thanks for that tidbit.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:59 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I dunno about all that. I've done a fair amount of traveling specifically just to visit breweries and drink beer and i'd say Kansas City is on par with everyone else at this stage.
Be proud homie
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:07 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Be proud homie
Always, my friend.
[Reply]
kstater 07:11 PM 04-16-2021
I'm sure there are some other beer nerds here that know this- but BKS in Brookside is amongst the best breweries in the US. They have been closed during the pandemic, but have continued to produce beers for to go consumption.

They do preorders for weekend pickup, and start selling at 7:00 PM. They typically sell out at 7:01 PM (or earlier).

Alma Mader is within walking distance of Boulevard but like BKS, has been closed during the pandemic. They really like to focus on lagers, pilsners, and "crispy" beers :-) But they make outstanding hazy IPA's and have been pumping those out to stay afloat since they are in such high demand.

I went to BKS before the pandemic, knew they were coded, didn’t realize they were doing to go orders. I live about a half mile from Crane so go there quite a bit. Diametric is pretty good too.
[Reply]
kstater 07:14 PM 04-16-2021
:-)
Nimble is pretty small but I believe they are trying to get up to speed to be more consistent on their releases, but everything i've had is top notch.

This is a stretch - but I see your location is Arizona - have you had much exposure to the New Mexico craft beer scene? I'm going to ABQ in June and i've been working on a list of places i'd like to visit.

Anything from Santa Fe brewing is pretty good if you’re looking for beer that’s distributed there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
stevieray 07:42 PM 04-16-2021

Big Rip
Torn Label
Crane
Cinder Block
Brewery Emperial

All put out great beer.

Tom's Town
Restless
JRieger & Co
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:51 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Big Rip
Torn Label
Crane
Cinder Block
Brewery Emperial

All put out great beer.

Tom's Town
Restless
JRieger & Co
Agreed. Torn Label is expanding their taproom soon. That was my only complaint about them - they were tiny. Big Rip is my favorite in the Northland.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:05 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Tank 7 is a wonderful beer.

Now you know what all the fuss was about. :-)

Tank 7 is pretty good and I wouldn't turn it down, but for the money I'll drink my Dunkel.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up