ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL requiring Covid Vaccination to a certain degree
Chief Roundup 02:05 PM 04-13-2021

The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

Here’s the full NFL memo, which also says teams must report weekly the number of employees who are vaccinated, as conversations with the NFLPA continue on the thresholds at which protocols on testing, PPE, travel, etc., can be relaxed. pic.twitter.com/FXuIhFP6Vh

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
Coach 04:11 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, both my mother and mother-in-law had flu like symptoms after the 2nd shot (only the 2nd shot) - fever, chills, sweats, nausea, etc. My father had nothing and both of my elderly grandparents had no real side effects with either dose.

I'm just now able to get mine here but there's still a lot of people in front of me - people my age with complicating conditions are still having trouble getting scheduled. My buddy has diabetes and HBP and he's gotten rescheduled 3 times already. My parents got rescheduled twice before they finally got in and they are in their late 60's / early 70's.
Sorry for the hi-jack, but I recalled that you live in a state that the link below might help you or them (if I am not mistaken). Have you tried Hy-Vee?

https://www.hy-vee.com/my-pharmacy/covid-vaccine
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:44 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Free world.

If you don't want to get vaccinated, they don't. But businesses don't have to employ you either. Airlines don't have to let you fly on their planes or let you into their restaurants or football stadiums either.

Go join up with the rest of your anti-vaxxer buddies and live in the hills inbreeding until your kids have 3 arms.

This is what I don't understand- why do you think you have some moral high ground for getting the vaccine?

CDC says you still have to mask up and should not travel. You can still get it and spread it.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ccine/2478894/

"After you’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you should keep taking precautions – like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces – in public places until we know more," the CDC states.

Data has shown that you can still get coronavirus even after you're fully vaccinated, which means if you do get an infection, you could still spread it.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:51 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This is what I don't understand- why do you think you have some moral high ground for getting the vaccine?

CDC says you still have to mask up and should not travel. You can still get it and spread it.

"After you’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you should keep taking precautions – like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces – in public places until we know more," the CDC states.

Data has shown that you can still get coronavirus even after you're fully vaccinated, which means if you do get an infection, you could still spread it.
Did you ignore my post in the Josh Allen thread where I explained to you precisely why people who get the vaccine have a stake in whether you get the vaccine?

It was pretty straightforward. There's a yellow border around it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:54 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Did you ignore my post in the Josh Allen thread where I explained to you precisely why people who get the vaccine have a stake in whether you get the vaccine?

That dude just makes up whatever the fuck he wants.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:18 PM 04-14-2021

Again, math.

Why would you take this information from the article as a black and white "[nothing has changed], you can catch it and spread it"?

Originally Posted by :
In Chicago, the city has reported close to 100 "breakthrough" cases, which are confirmed coronavirus cases in fully vaccinated residents. By comparison, state data shows 396,022 residents have been fully vaccinated.
Originally Posted by :
According to IDPH data from early March, of the more than 1.6 million people who are fully vaccinated, 217 reported a positive test more than two weeks after their last vaccine dose.
Chicago's had 266k cases of Covid and its population is 2.7 million.... pretty easy math, that's about 10% of the population of Chicago that's had confirmed cases.

And 100 divided by 396,022 who are fully vaccinated is 0.03%, or one in every 3960.

The second number is one in every 7000.

The numbers are right there in the article.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:34 PM 04-14-2021
Society has rules.

If you decide not to follow societal rules, don't bitch and complain when you're not allowed to participate in everything that society has to offer.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:45 PM 04-14-2021

Yes, I ignored it. You feel personal liberty for others to make their own health choices do not matter if it makes You feel more secure.

And that gives people the right to act like assholes over it and try to force their choices onto others.

Next up, forced vaccinations for kids, firing people from their jobs, containment centers for those who don't or can't comply with the latest nonsensical rules--where does it end?

BTW- does having wide-open borders with unvaccinated hordes coming in at will- affect "your stake" in all of this?
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:46 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That dude just makes up whatever the **** he wants.
Posting a link to an article is making shit up? :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:49 PM 04-14-2021
Next up, forced vaccinations for kids, firing people from their jobs, containment centers for those who don't or can't comply with the latest nonsensical rules--where does it end?
Everyone posting on Chiefsplanet was vaccinated for measles, mumps, rubella and smallpox before they were allowed to attend elementary school.

Vaccinations protect societies from life altering and/or deadly diseases which can wipe out a significant portion of the population.

Vaccinations are the exact opposite of "nonsensical".
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:53 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Society has rules.

If you decide not to follow societal rules, don't bitch and complain when you're not allowed to participate in everything that society has to offer.
Do those "rules" apply to the homeless army camped out up and down California's beaches? What about the masses of people with zero identification or vaccinations pouring into your state? You can't protect the sheep if you don't keep out the wolves.

BTW- I have very specific health reasons not to get the vaccination. So others on here wishing death, job loss, forced compliance can go fuck themselves. These were some of the same morons that said they would never get the "Trump" vaccine because it was rushed and unsafe. Now since their overlords have flip-flopped- they think it is okay to persecute people on social media. Pathetic.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:59 PM 04-14-2021
Everyone posting on Chiefsplanet was vaccinated for measles, mumps, rubella and smallpox before they were allowed to attend elementary school.

Vaccinations protect societies from life altering and/or deadly diseases which can wipe out a significant portion of the population.

Vaccinations are the exact opposite of "nonsensical".
I never said I was against vaccines. Those you listed were also not rushed and sent out without FDA approval. Personally, I think it would be irresponsible to give your kids This vaccine since the long-term health effects are not known and even the short-term problems have cause one major vaccine to be "paused" for further study. But that is Personal Choice- something Every person should be allowed to make in a Free Country.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:00 PM 04-14-2021
Yes, I ignored it. You feel personal liberty for others to make their own health choices do not matter if it makes You feel more secure.

And that gives people the right to act like assholes over it and try to force their choices onto others.

BTW- does having wide-open borders with unvaccinated hordes coming in at will- affect "your stake" in all of this?
Hahaha... You are such a complete moron. It has nothing to do with any of this. It has to do with basic math, science, and reason.

This is exactly the problem with someone like you. You ask these questions and then admit to ignoring the basic answer. You don't engage. You stick to your lame talking points. There's not an element of outside-the-box or critical thinking.

You literally just asked why people get the vaccine if it's possible that they could still get covid. That's directly akin to asking why people wear seatbelts despite the fact that some people who wear seatbelts still die in car accidents. Do you wear a seatbelt?

You're an absolute pathetic embarrassment. I think it's entirely reasonable for one to be skeptical and wary of the vaccine. I get that. I don't try to force that on anyone. But to ask basic questions and then ignore basic answers and revert back to this nonsense. You are the problem.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:08 PM 04-14-2021
Hahaha... You are such a complete moron. It has nothing to do with any of this. It has to do with basic math, science, and reason.

This is exactly the problem with someone like you. You ask these questions and then admit to ignoring the basic answer. You don't engage. You stick to your lame talking points. There's not an element of outside-the-box or critical thinking.

You literally just asked why people get the vaccine if it's possible that they could still get covid. That's directly akin to asking why people wear seatbelts despite the fact that some people who wear seatbelts still die in car accidents. Do you wear a seatbelt?

You're an absolute pathetic embarrassment. I think it's entirely reasonable for one to be skeptical and wary of the vaccine. I get that. I don't try to force that on anyone. But to ask basic questions and then ignore basic answers and revert back to this nonsense. You are the problem.
Here we go with the name calling. You are just the exact type of entitled D Bag that thinks they have the right to dictate people's Personal Health choices.

Basic answer was YOUR opinion which means nothing to me.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:12 PM 04-14-2021
Here we go with the name calling. You are just the exact type of entitled D Bag that thinks they have the right to dictate people's Personal Health choices.

Basic answer was YOUR opinion which means nothing to me.
Ignore science and be proud of it and blame some internet message name-calling. I'm so sorry if I hurt your precious feelings with rational thought.

To repeat: I understand why people are hesitant about getting the vaccine. I only pointed out why there was more to it than your third-grade understanding of the situation.

Stay blind, ponyboy.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:13 PM 04-14-2021
My parents had their vaccinations back in early February. Both are in their mid-to-late 70's and didn't have any issues. All of my brothers and sister received the shots in February and March. I'm the oldest yet the last to receive the vaccine (thanks, California!).

My vaccination site didn't become sore until a couple of hours after receiving it and unlike some people, I didn't need to take Tylenol or Advil. My wife said her site hurt for about 4 days, then went away, although her second shot didn't cause any pain at all.

All I know is that I'll take this vaccine over the Small Pox vaccine we all received as kids. I can still clearly remember waiting in line at school to receive the shot and the drill like apparatus that was used for injection but I don't recall any pain or side effects, although the scar is still clearly visible today.
The shot doesn't even hurt. The injection site hurt for a few days but no side effects at all on both for me. My mother had a light fever for a half day but she's had major health issues including cancer recently. She felt fine a day later.

My father had no side effects and is pretty much a disabled heart patient. Everyone I've known that has gotten moderna or pfizer have had light symptoms or no symptoms.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up