ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 61
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:11 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If the guy can play LT at a high level, that's easily worth a top 40 pick, especially where our pick is. Good LTs are not common.
Hypothetically, if this were true, I'd see veach flipping a 2nd rounder + something next year. probably another 2nd or 3rd.
[Reply]
bobhill 10:11 AM 03-11-2021
Trent Williams
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 10:18 AM 03-11-2021
How is Brown's pass blocking?

He wasn't asked to do much pass blocking in the Ravens run-often offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:24 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Well the reality is that Brown got moved to RT because Stanley beat him out.

So he not only played in a run-first offense, he played RT.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:28 AM 03-11-2021
A Top 40 pick AND a 20+ million dollar a year long term contract?

No thanks.

Sign a solid stop-gap and draft a fattie to take over next year or the year after.
[Reply]
wazu 10:29 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
A Top 40 pick AND a 20+ million dollar a year long term contract?

No thanks.

Sign a solid stop-gap and draft a fattie to take over next year or the year after.
And a guy who is demanding to play LT, but has been playing RT. Yeah, I like your plan better.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:49 AM 03-11-2021
Stop with this stupid shit guys. I’m sure the Ravens would love sending a good player to the Chiefs to help them get better.

Come on
[Reply]
Bowser 11:17 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If the guy can play LT at a high level, that's easily worth a top 40 pick, especially where our pick is. Good LTs are not common.
Conversely, no team is trading away a viable left tackle, unless you get into ridiculous Ditka level dipshittery. LT's are almost as valuable as QB's, and if the Ravens are willing to listen to offers, that means they're willing to let him go.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Stop with this stupid shit guys. I’m sure the Ravens would love sending a good player to the Chiefs to help them get better.

Come on
This, too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Conversely, no team is trading away a viable left tackle, unless you get into ridiculous Ditka level dipshittery. LT's are almost as valuable as QB's, and if the Ravens are willing to listen to offers, that means they're willing to let him go.
A few quality guys are going to get cut because of the cap situation. This isn't going to be a normal free agency period.

As for Brown, he CAN play LT but Stanley is simply BETTER. They can't afford to keep both of them, due to the contract demands, so Brown is the odd man out.

That doesn't mean I want Brown - I honestly don't think he's a great fit in KC for a LT but he IS an NFL left tackle and somebody will likely pick him up at some point because Baltimore simply can't keep him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:47 AM 03-11-2021
Brown doesn’t make sense for us IMHO.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:46 PM 03-11-2021
Brown to KC, it’s happening.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:15 PM 03-11-2021
Wasn't Brown moved to Right Tackle because his feet are too slow for left tackle?
[Reply]
TRR 06:27 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Much better than I thought. He also was asked to extend blocks routinely in the pass game as Lamar likes to hold the ball and scramble around. Mahomes doesn’t do this as much as Lamar, but it is certainly a part of his game right now. Brown has the longest arms I may have ever seen. If he gets them on you, forget about it. He doesn’t have amazing feet, but enough athleticism to get the job done at LT. Was impressed with how he played against Myles Garrett.

He’s also a beast in the run game. Absolute beast. The Ravens pulled him more than I thought as well.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:51 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Brown to KC, it’s happening.
Sorry. The Franchise and Chris Meck already told me it’s not happening
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:56 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sorry. The Franchise and Chris Meck already told me it’s not happening
Bet me then.

If we trade for Orlando Brown, I can’t post for a month. If we sign Trent Williams, you can’t post for a month.

If neither happens....then nothing happens.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 61
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up