ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 53
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****All Things Weather 2021*****
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 01-31-2021
Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8
[Reply]
scho63 10:24 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
-6 at home right now with drifting snow unfortunately I am in Nashville at my daughters looks like bout 1/2” of sleet on the ground.
We shut down sites in Nashville too.....
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:29 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Yeah, fuck that.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:34 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
We've been shutting down sites and cancelling orders and drivers like crazy on sites in Texas the past two days here at Amazon.
ASSHOLE!

We need our amazon shit!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:35 AM 02-15-2021
Bezo steps down and the place goes to hell
[Reply]
R Clark 10:48 AM 02-15-2021
I can see it ,looks slick outside and more to come
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:50 AM 02-15-2021
If we don't get our season 3 of Yellowstone by the weekend, so help me God...

Our first order just "disappeared" a week ago.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:38 AM 02-21-2021

Bands of heavy snow possible within the I-80 corridor in Iowa. Heaviest rates will generally be near 1 in. per hour and will diminish by 2-3 PM CST. https://t.co/gNTHKrKyE8

— National Weather Service (@NWS) February 21, 2021

[Reply]
Graystoke 10:13 AM 02-21-2021
I can’t handle more snow
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:14 PM 02-22-2021

the "cool" video of the day... https://t.co/Es1NStoHwO

— ian leonard (@ian_leonard) February 23, 2021

[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:31 PM 02-24-2021
I was in TX (Ft Hood) for work last week when the Winter storm hit and blackouts started happening everywhere.

Sat 2/13 I was on base, Freezing rain started to hit hard. Base shut down early as roads were closing/getting bad due to the weather. So it was about a half day, left to return to hotel around lunch. Tried to order some togo food, stop in a drive thru, everyone was leaving/closing due to weather. Luckily HEB store behind my hotel was open and so I go a bunch of groceries to last a few days since I assumed nothing was gonna be open the next day, including the base.

Sun 2/14...base closed down, sat in hotel all day and day drank. Sun night it snowed pretty good.

Mon 2/15 Actually made driving conditions better as the snow packed on top of the ice for better tread. Worked on base all day. By this point, HEB was a madhouse, lines going outside doors and around building, people fighting. Insane. Mon night power got knocked out in area. It was late so I just finished watching a movie on my phone as I dozed off. Our work project was set to complete on Tues, so I had set to check out Tues morning.

When I woke up 2/16, I still didn't have power and other places around hotel were without power. At the time I thought it was just my area, called my coworker who said base shut down again lol. He was staying at hotel down the road, they did have power. So I checked out and made my way over there to see if I could get a room because I didn't think every hotel in area would be booked up due to rolling blackouts and people without water.

I just wanted a room with power. I drove back south towards Austin to see if I ran into anything avaliable. There wasn't. I tried about 20 hotels on phone app and stopped in about handful of places as I saw them on the way.

Finally by accident found a Comfort Inn in Georgetown TX, about halfway from Ft Hood to Austin. A guy was checking out when I walked in and asked if I could get his room. Luckily there wasn't anyone ahead of me so she said if I could wait a couple hrs they would clean it and have it ready for me to use. She gave my room key to me and I went to get something to eat. Luckily Applebees was open for togo orders down the road, about the only place that was open by this point.

So I'm thinking the days gonna turn out ok. Got warm food in my belly. Had to toss out some of the frozen microwavable food I bought at HEB because of the fridge/microwave being without power the night before at the other hotel. So I was down to some snacks, candy..shit like that. 2hrs later I'm watching TV, damn thing goes out and the lights go off.

FUCK.

This hotel also lost power, and would be without power for Tues, Wed, and Thur am when I checked out. Got dispatched out to Kerrville TX which is about hr west of Austin, about a 2hr drive in normal conditions. Shit still coming down, and most of the way was shoulderless back country roads that look like ice rinks. A 2hr drive look me 3.5hrs avg about 30mph passing every 4x4 SUV/truck in my Nissan Altima rental lol. Do my thing in Kerrville and drove back to Georgetown, made sure to keep my room this time because no guarantee I'd get another one somewhere. So about 7hrs worth of driving in shit conditions to do about 30min of work...stupid.

Thur drive to Austin to fly home, my logistics dept books my flights. Snow coming down hard again. All flights to KC out of Austin are either cancelled or booked. Same with San Antonio airport. Only flight available is out of Dallas...it was about 1030am at this time. 3hr drive in normal conditions form Austin to Dallas.

Took me almost 6 fuckin hrs to get there due to traffic/wrecks. Most of the time was just getting out of Austin. Once I got to about Waco, the skies parted, got sun and blue skies and roads had melted...although Texans still avoided the left hand lane as the hogged middle and right lanes...fine by me...it was like an expressway...again...passing all the scared 4x4 with jacked up lift kits in my little Nissan.

I was lucky to have made it to DAL, got to gate as they were boarding. It was a good thing I got gas the day before (premium was only option available. Otherwise I wouldn't been able to find gas anywhere...that was another big problem.

Gotta little taste though what it's like to live in countries like Venezuela. At home I have storable foods, and tons of meat in the deep freeze, pasta and canned goods to last if shit does hit the fan, I can feed myself for a year easily...my only problem would be eventually water supply.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:15 PM 03-02-2021

Time to stay off lakes as seen in the most northern lake of Minnesota today (400 miles northwest of Twin Cities). Upcoming weekend in Twin Cities brings 50s Saturday and 60 Sunday. https://t.co/81GX2Ll1Dq @KSTP @ABC

— Jonathan Yuhas (@JYuhasKSTP) March 3, 2021

BTW It was 50 today and I grilled
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 AM 03-03-2021
Talked to a second realtor yesterday. We may be out of here before spring is over.

YAY!
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:20 AM 03-03-2021
I found 2 Amazon packages in the front yard yesterday after the thaw that had likely been out there for a week or two.

Good news is the access door to my garage is closing flush again. Thing had to of shifted an inch or so under the weight of the snow. Trash and recycling pick ups are back on schedule. Now just need my mail to be delivered but that's likely a separate topic altogether.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:13 AM 03-03-2021

BTW It was 50 today and I grilled

Ouch

[Reply]
Rain Man 10:23 PM 03-08-2021
It's been in the 60s and 70s the past couple of days here in Colorado, but we have a very unpredictable set of multiple fronts coming in. The snow forecast along the front range is "15 to 60 inches of snow" over a four-day system. It sounds like it's likely going to be on the lower end, but 60 inches would be an interesting experience. In 27 years of living here, the most I've ever seen in one front was 32.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/new...cf86c5a13.html
[Reply]
Page 14 of 53
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up