ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 56
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:59 AM 03-09-2021
I like the looks of the HGA slabs.

[Reply]
ghak99 09:30 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I must be getting old. I'm failing to see the value in these things.
[Reply]
In58men 09:55 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I feel this way with Pokémon cards.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:02 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I feel this way with Pokémon cards.
At least you can still hold them, have them graded, and potentially have a 1/1 or a pop 1 of some grade of some weird critter. Or I assume you can, I don't own any of the damn things.
[Reply]
tatorhog 10:38 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I haven’t tried it yet. Are basically any pack money makers? I see some packs are $100+
I follow some collectors on twitter that are big into it. There's some crazy waiting period to even be able to buy a "pack" and it seems like a giant pain in the ass. But then they open this $14 pack (or whatever they paid) and flip the contents for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

I never anticipated blockchain cards, but I guess its a thing now. a LeBron dunk sold for $208k recently.

Other NFT things are bringing ridiculous amounts. Jack Dorsey is selling his very first tweet, if it hasn't already sold, and last I heard it was at like 2.5 mil.

Some blockchain art has brought millions.
[Reply]
ghak99 01:52 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I never anticipated blockchain cards, but I guess its a thing now. a LeBron dunk sold for $208k recently.

Other NFT things are bringing ridiculous amounts. Jack Dorsey is selling his very first tweet, if it hasn't already sold, and last I heard it was at like 2.5 mil.

Some blockchain art has brought millions.
Would you explain "why" they're selling like this to me like I'm stupid, because I just might be.
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:41 PM 03-09-2021
Would you explain "why" they're selling like this to me like I'm stupid, because I just might be.
I would need someone to explain it to me. I don't understand it myself.

With cards, there are many factors that add into the desire. With the NFT, its literally just bits that have an accompanying blockchain "guarantee". thats my best take.

And I'm assuming alot of instant millionaires via bitcoin or some other equally easy avenue are the big spenders on this stuff. I could be wrong. its not my cup of tea, but I am fascinated by it in terms of why. All I can think of is that its new. And its blockchain. And that makes it sexy, or something. If you ask me, its like buying GME at $450 and holding it with diamond hands.

I guess one other part of Top Shot that I don't fully understand is the actual currency used to buy and sell with. I've heard some mumblings about people selling top shot items, and then having an uphill battle in getting their actual dollars from it .
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:20 AM 03-10-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:24 PM 03-10-2021

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:28 PM 03-10-2021
At least you can still hold them, have them graded, and potentially have a 1/1 or a pop 1 of some grade of some weird critter. Or I assume you can, I don't own any of the damn things.
I can't speak of Pokemon cards but I have about $2500 in M:TG cards from basically playing since almost the beginning of the game and other purchases.

In the M:TG market there are three types of cards that hold value:

1) Those that are crap but come from the earliest sets with very low print runs that the company has promised to never print again.

2) Those that are actually played and are valuable because of that.

3) The ones that are both and they are the ones that are above $200.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:36 PM 03-10-2021
Yeah, I think it is a scam. Like hot potato. Whomever is holding last loses.

Digital only matters until a new media comes around.physical will always reign in this field.

I get supply and demand, but it is only a digital item.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:52 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Had that Jerry Rice rookie card in my hands about 5 yrs ago. Can't remember wtf I did with it. :-)
[Reply]
Valiant 02:11 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Had that Jerry Rice rookie card in my hands about 5 yrs ago. Can't remember wtf I did with it. :-)
Was it graded? That is where most of the value is.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:17 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
The difference between non-graded & graded cards is astronomical.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:44 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
No, was thinking about sending it in but never got around to it.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 56
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up