ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 56
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
lewdog 01:34 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I was able to look up everything in my collection.

None of it's worth much. Rookie cards it seems are the only things of real value.
eBay?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:38 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
eBay?
https://130point.com/sales/

This will show you what they sold for on eBay, not what people are asking.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:38 PM 02-26-2021
Yes. I just type in the athlete name, set name and year and I can usually find the card.

Make sure you check all the auctions because usually some idiot is trying to scam someone with a jacked up price.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:40 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:

That's a great tool to use to determine a cards value.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:41 PM 02-26-2021
I need to look up my cards. I have quite a few in boxes and some in a safe. Haven’t checked any value on them in a decade. Is eBay best spot to check prices?

Mostly 90’s cards.
Be prepared to be disappointed. I went through mine, thousands of cards all in books. I may have 60 bucks in just a couple of cards. Most were worthless.

Basically you need rookie cards, nm or better.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:42 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:

Also cardsnoop.com
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:44 PM 02-26-2021
I think the exception is autographed cards.

I wonder if Joe would autograph all my cards :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 01:49 PM 02-26-2021
I know I have that Jerry Rice rookie card. Seems pretty common. I’ll check some others.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:52 PM 02-26-2021
I know I have that Jerry Rice rookie card. Seems pretty common. I’ll check some others.
Condition...Condition...Condition.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:21 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Lol. You need money and time, which is money. Most people work.

There are videos of employees walking out with carts full recently.

It is impossible to police unless they keep at customer service.

That and people just grabbing everything and going to self checkout.

I know at my stores, me just looking at cards I see 3 people stopping by in the five minutes I am there. Kc is a wasteland and probably 1000s at minimum flipping packs.

I got lucky a few weeks ago on NBA cards. Going to sit on. They were 2020s.
Watching these videos makes you realize that it's these guys job. They are buying up cards so they can resell them & make money doing it that way.

It's crazy.

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:39 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Upvoted you for trying to help a brother out, but honestly if I gotta go through all that shit just to buy some football cards then I'm not really interested

You shouldn't have to be some crack detective with lots of free time on your hands to enjoy a simple hobby like this... it didn't use to be that way, and shouldn't be that way now

I hate these asshat sonsabitches ruing it for everyone, can't wait for the bubble to burst (and it always does with memorabilia) so they can lose their asses
[Reply]
lewdog 10:11 AM 02-27-2021
I’ve got 96-97 upper deck Kobe rookie card.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:11 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Upvoted you for trying to help a brother out, but honestly if I gotta go through all that shit just to buy some football cards then I'm not really interested

You shouldn't have to be some crack detective with lots of free time on your hands to enjoy a simple hobby like this... it didn't use to be that way, and shouldn't be that way now

I hate these asshat sonsabitches ruing it for everyone, can't wait for the bubble to burst (and it always does with memorabilia) so they can lose their asses
Everyone wants to blame this on people flipping cards, but it's not the flippers fault that Panini and Topps aren't releasing more retail product. I got a chance to talk to a distributor at Walmart and he said its a crapshoot on what he gets from companies and they aren't putting out as much product as usual.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:19 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Everyone wants to blame this on people flipping cards, but it's not the flippers fault that Panini and Topps aren't releasing more retail product. I got a chance to talk to a distributor at Walmart and he said its a crapshoot on what he gets from companies and they aren't putting out as much product as usual.
I hear you, its definitely not just the flippers fault... but they're certainly not helping things by buying up everything they can the very minute it hits the shelves, just so they can turn a profit
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:36 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That’s not true at all, the print runs of some of the flagship has grown exponentially to the point where most cards, even RCs, will be completely worthless unless they come from a premium product. 2021 Topps Series 1 has a print run of ~ 1 million, almost double years past.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 56
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up