ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 56
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:09 PM 02-19-2021

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:52 PM 02-19-2021
Things just continue to explode. The current Goldin auction ends in 15 days. There should be at least 2 or 3 million dollar cards on this one. A Kobe Chrome RC refractor is already at $1.01 million.

https://goldinauctions.com/catalog.aspx
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 PM 02-19-2021
I have a crap ton of old Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry Rice cards. Going to look them up on Ebay.
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:07 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Last night I was watching a rerun from around 2013 of Pawn Stars on History Channel, and a guy brought in his set of Topps 1991 Baseball Cards Set of 792 cards made only for the troops in Saudi Arabia in Desert Storm. They only made a few hundred sets and only sold them on the base.

Rick asks, where did you get it, he said since the Desert Storm was over so quick and guys didn't really want to fool with these baseball cards out in the desert, most sets got sent back to a base in New Jersey. Which is where he said he bought it. Rick didn't know much about it, so he called in his baseball expert who owns a Sports business in Las Vegas.

The guy arrives and he looks at the set and said all 792 are here, it's worth about $1200. On the first page are Cal Ripken and Nolan Ryan cards, and he sees they all have a gold seal in the upper right corner, and all the cards are sealed in plastic sleeves. He said, so far so good, so he flips to the middle and to card #333 Chipper Jones rookie card. He said, this card alone is worth $1,000. He looks, and it's not sealed and the gold seal is missing from the upper right. The guy said, this is card is not even mint like the others, and without the seal it's worth only about $5, so now the whole set is only worth about $200 without the Chipper Jones Gold Seal Rookie Card. The sellers goes, Oh, I didn't even notice that.

My opinion, I think the guy did notice it, and tried to pull a fast one on the Pawn Shop and probably sold that good card separately and thought he would bring in the set with the bogus card and try and get top dollar. This just goes to show that with sports cards and grading and everything else, you have to really know your shit!!

I just looked on eBay and a complete set with the Chipper Jones rookie card with the gold seal is now selling for $6,000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Topps-...gAAOSwg5lgBahB

Even the plain Chipper Jones rookie card without the gold seal is up to $99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18424071005...RoCNFkQAvD_BwE

There are a LOT of fake desert shield cards out there, sadly. There are some pretty die hard collectors that seem to be on the ball with being able to spot the fakes, but I think some have slipped past graders even. I think any desert shield card I would look it, it would have to be in a new holder (assuming they are cracking down on fakes now). I don't think I would consider a raw one ever.
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:15 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Noooo, that's like buying Bitcoin for cents and selling early!!
Yeah, in hindsight I made a huge mistake. But I had given up on completing the set. My entire goal was to get 131 of them, and save the Jordan at the set capper. For the longest time that card was under 1500 in psa9, and it never moved so I wasn't in a huge hurry. When Jordan got over 5k is when I bailed out of the set. I wasn't going to pay that much so the chase was over for me. I had all of the major stars except Wilkins and the checklist. Sold it to a buyer for Greg Morris and got between 6-7k for what I had. I had maybe a grand in what I had collected up to that point, so I was happy with the profit. And in psa9, its not like they are hard to come by.

I kept the cards listed in my vcp account just to track. Geez, that same batch of cards is selling between 25-28k now. That one hurts.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:38 PM 02-19-2021
They're all fucking available for a dollar on Ebay it seems.

Here's a list of everything - should I put them in an auction? Or is it even worth the listing?

pro set jerry rice nfl receiving leader 90

pro set jerry rice mvp sb xxIII

pro set jerry rice 1991

joe montana starflics 93

pro set joe montana 91

topps stadium club joe montana 93

pro set joe montana 93

upper deck joe montana 93

upper deck collectors choice joe montana 94

impact skybox joe montana 94

upper deck collector's choice traditions of excellence joe montana 94

upper deck collector's choice joe montana 94

upper deck collector's choice joe montana 93

bowman joe montana 94

fleer ultra joe montana 94

topps stadium club joe montana 94

fleer ultra joe montana 94

montana action packed 94

pinnacle joe montana 94

skybox montana 94

playoff montana 94

Absolute Playoff Joe Montana 95

flair preview joe montana 95

upper deck joe montana 94

fleer joe montana 91

pro set joe montana 91

score select joe montana 93

score joe montana 91

edge joe montana 92

aerial threats joe montana 91

pro set joe montana SB XXIV

pro set joe montana SB XIX

pro set joe montana SB XVI

upper deck montana chronicles XXIV

trilogy joe montana 95

score joe montana 94
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:23 PM 02-22-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:51 AM 02-26-2021
Cards keep going up...UL Washington's rookie card going for $51,101.00!

[Reply]
Stargazer 09:45 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson27:
that really should be Deberg in there.

Montana wasnt a Chief! 2 lousy years!

Yeah how lousy! He only took us further than we had been since 1970, a feat we would not equal until 20 freaking 18.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:25 AM 02-26-2021
My local Walmart (the only place in town to get football cards) has completely gotten rid of their display boxes, as if they won't even try to carry them anymore... it doesn't make a damn bit of sense, never seen anything like it

Fuck you, Panini
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:32 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My local Walmart (the only place in town to get football cards) has completely gotten rid of their display boxes, as if they won't even try to carry them anymore... it doesn't make a damn bit of sense, never seen anything like it

**** you, Panini

[Reply]
Valiant 01:22 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Lol. You need money and time, which is money. Most people work.

There are videos of employees walking out with carts full recently.

It is impossible to police unless they keep at customer service.

That and people just grabbing everything and going to self checkout.

I know at my stores, me just looking at cards I see 3 people stopping by in the five minutes I am there. Kc is a wasteland and probably 1000s at minimum flipping packs.

I got lucky a few weeks ago on NBA cards. Going to sit on. They were 2020s.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:26 PM 02-26-2021
:-)

I always liked the action packed cards with the puffy edges on stuff...dunno why those never became valuable, they're awesome.

[Reply]
lewdog 01:30 PM 02-26-2021
I need to look up my cards. I have quite a few in boxes and some in a safe. Haven’t checked any value on them in a decade. Is eBay best spot to check prices?

Mostly 90’s cards.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:31 PM 02-26-2021
I was able to look up everything in my collection.

None of it's worth much. Rookie cards it seems are the only things of real value.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 56
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up