ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3457 of 3903
« First < 2457295733573407344734533454345534563457 3458345934603461346735073557 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kgrund 11:55 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Science changes. Just the way it is.

The biggest problem he's had is that he needs to just say "we don't know" on some things instead of saying it could be this or that.
At the root of his problem is he is a public health official so what you are going to always get is a way overplay of the negative and underplay of the positive.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:12 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
So in a decade?
According to the CDC 75 million doses have been administered. With the new data from Pfizer and Moderna in regards to quality effectiveness from their first shot as well as a single shot of J&J being added to the rollout I just don’t see why this would take very long.

I think by the end of summer we’ll reach that goal. And when we do I’m not wearing a mask anymore
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:15 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
According to the CDC 75 million doses have been administered. With the new data from Pfizer and Moderna in regards to quality effectiveness from their first shot as well as a single shot of J&J being added to the rollout I just don’t see why this would take very long.

I think by the end of summer we’ll reach that goal. And when we do I’m not wearing a mask anymore
45% of the staff at our local HOSPITAL refuse to get vaccinated. Imagine what the number will be for people outside the medical community.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:19 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
45% of the staff at our local HOSPITAL refuse to get vaccinated. Imagine what the number will be for people outside the medical community.
Once everyone that wants it has had a chance to get it, it shouldn't matter what the % is anyway. Move on, everyone knows the risks.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:50 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Once everyone that wants it has had a chance to get it, it shouldn't matter what the % is anyway. Move on, everyone knows the risks.

Messaging like this is unhelpful.

The only way masks would be necessary in 2022 is if the vaccines don't work or the goal becomes zero covid.

So which is it, Dr. Fauci? https://t.co/WuOeNzyt7x

— Clarity (@covid_clarity) February 22, 2021

And for me, if the vaccines don't work too bad. Either way we need to move on.
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 03-02-2021

The importance of T-cell immunity! This study finds CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell mediated responses are minimally affected by mutations found in SARS-CoV-2 VOCs (B.1.1.7, B.1.351, & P.1.) and VOI CAL20.C! Immunity is about more than just antibodies! Let’s go! ��https://t.co/0GaX9ch7bw

— Mac n’ Chise ������ (@sailorrooscout) March 2, 2021

[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:44 AM 03-02-2021
So in layman's terms, the variants are not a large issue and the available vaccines will address these variants? Seriously asking here, not being snarky, genuinely asking this.
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
So in layman's terms, the variants are not a large issue and the available vaccines will address these variants? Seriously asking here, not being snarky, genuinely asking this.
The vaccines produce a strong response and seeing as they produce not only polyclonal antibodies (recognize and bind to different spots on spike protein so a single point mutation won't be a huge problem) but a strong T cell response, yeah, at this point the variants shouldn't be an issue.

If or until they have full mutations in the spike protein, we're fine.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:50 AM 03-02-2021
The vaccines produce a strong response and seeing as they produce not only polyclonal antibodies (recognize and bind to different spots on spike protein so a single point mutation won't be a huge problem) but a strong T cell response, yeah, at this point the variants shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for explaining that. I was busy Googling, trying to understand.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:52 AM 03-02-2021

Thank you and rep duly applied. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 03-02-2021
I'm by no means an authority here guys, so take what I say with a huge caution. But thats how I read that thread.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:37 AM 03-02-2021
I'm by no means an authority here guys, so take what I say with a huge caution. But thats how I read that thread.
Probably more qualified than I am.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:45 AM 03-02-2021
Haven't seen this good news anywhere...

Thanks to @EWoodhouse7, we now have CLI back to the start of 2020 from the CDC. pic.twitter.com/tf5kNhDcoE

— Phil Kerpen (@kerpen) March 2, 2021

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:00 PM 03-02-2021
Rivals Merck and J&J are teaming up to produce J&J's vaccine. Here shortly we will have more than enough vaccine for anyone that wants it.

Originally Posted by :
Drugmaker Merck & Co. will help produce rival Johnson & Johnson’s newly approved coronavirus vaccine in an effort to expand supply more quickly, a Biden administration official confirmed Tuesday.

The announcement comes as the White House looks to speed the production of the single-dose vaccine. Officials have said J&J faced unexpected production issues with its vaccine and produced only 3.9 million doses ahead of its receiving emergency use authorization on Saturday. The company says it is on pace to deliver 100 million doses by the end of June.

Facing questions about the company’s slipping delivery schedule, J&J Vice President Richard Nettles told lawmakers on Capitol Hill last week that the company had faced “significant challenges” because of its “highly complex” manufacturing process.

The assistance from Merck was expected to help J&J meet its production commitments and expand supply even further, but the administration did not immediately provide specifics.

The new administration now expects to have enough supply of the three approved vaccines to inoculate all eligible American adults by June — though actually delivering the injections could take longer.

[Reply]
RedRaider56 12:54 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Rivals Merck and J&J are teaming up to produce J&J's vaccine. Here shortly we will have more than enough vaccine for anyone that wants it.
Well that's good news.
I'm so frustrated with the process of signing up for vaccinations (in Texas). I qualify for phase 1b and I've registered on 4 different lists to get the vaccine.
Haven't received notification for any vaccination appointment.

This past weekend they open up a local mass vaccination site on the weekends and tell everyone "Hey, you need to reregister. All those previous registrations don't count"
WTF? :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 3457 of 3903
« First < 2457295733573407344734533454345534563457 3458345934603461346735073557 > Last »
Up