ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3456 of 3903
« First < 2456295633563406344634523453345434553456 3457345834593460346635063556 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What positions specifically? What has he done a complete 180 on without any new data?
Dude, just stop.

The narrative went from "vaccine will give us normalcy" to "mask until 2022, even with the virus" in a matter of a couple of weeks recently. That's not even based on data, he's just out there flapping his gums speculatively because he's a TV PERSONALITY now.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:13 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's 100% political
make your case or go pound sand.

either way, I don't really care about your emotional response.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:34 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, just stop.

The narrative went from "vaccine will give us normalcy" to "mask until 2022, even with the virus" in a matter of a couple of weeks recently. That's not even based on data, he's just out there flapping his gums speculatively because he's a TV PERSONALITY now.
I don't keep up with it, but yeah, he'd probably be far better off declining interviews or saying exactly the same vague things over and over..... because the alternative is answering all the questions and speculating on things without any intention of talking in cold hard facts, and anyone looking for a reason to hate the guy will certainly find what they're looking for.

Same with athletes and celebrities.... take something out of context or a couple things said months apart to "prove" that emergerd he changed his opinion!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I don't keep up with it, but yeah, he'd probably be far better off declining interviews or saying exactly the same vague things over and over..... because the alternative is answering all the questions and speculating on things without any intention of talking in cold hard facts, and anyone looking for a reason to hate the guy will certainly find what they're looking for.

Same with athletes and celebrities.... take something out of context or a couple things said months apart to "prove" that emergerd he changed his opinion!
Yep.

Honestly, I don't think the guy is all bad. He has contradicted himself a few times but that largely happens because he's just on TV way, way too much.

He just needs to talk less, which somehow sounds familiar. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 10:42 AM 03-01-2021
Our messaging throughout this entire pandemic has been just awful.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:48 AM 03-01-2021
Yep.

Honestly, I don't think the guy is all bad. He has contradicted himself a few times but that largely happens because he's just on TV way, way too much.

He just needs to talk less, which somehow sounds familiar. :-)
He needs to be replaced with someone with a PR background that can speak to the media in PR speak.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:50 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
He needs to be replaced with someone with a PR background that can speak to the media in PR speak.
Yeah, I'd prefer that he hire a press secretary but even keep those to briefings and not "interviews".

We need less PR media speak, not more. That's a big part of what is wrong with this country, on both sides of the aisle. Too much manufactured drama for ratings.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:55 AM 03-01-2021
When we get to 85% vaccinated and the deaths are down to damn near non-existent for a more than a month, we need to return to normal.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:55 AM 03-01-2021
Yeah, I'd prefer that he hire a press secretary but even keep those to briefings and not "interviews".

We need less PR media speak, not more. That's a big part of what is wrong with this country, on both sides of the aisle. Too much manufactured drama for ratings.
Fauci's job is to be the voice of the government policy and response. His job is to speak in clear and concise terms and he does the exact opposite, waffles on shit all the time, back tracks hours if not days after making nonsensical comments ( 2 or 3 masks are better than 1 for example) and there appears to be no actual science behind most of what he says.

Anyone defending that guy is reaching for an excuse to do so.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:56 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
When we get to 85% vaccinated and the deaths are down to damn near non-existent for a more than a month, we need to return to normal.
85% vaccination level will never happen, the vaccines aren't even approved for children.
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 03-01-2021
Science changes. Just the way it is.

The biggest problem he's had is that he needs to just say "we don't know" on some things instead of saying it could be this or that.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:03 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
85% vaccination level will never happen, the vaccines aren't even approved for children.
Yeah I didn’t state that correctly. 85% of the adult population which I believe is somewhere in the neighborhood of 260 million.

The 15% is people who don’t want to take it (my opinion and could be wrong).

Barely over 200 children under 18 have died from covid so when most people over 18 get vaccinated the death rate should be completely under control and ready for normalcy again.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:07 AM 03-01-2021
So in a decade?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Science changes. Just the way it is.

The biggest problem he's had is that he needs to just say "we don't know" on some things instead of saying it could be this or that.
That's the biggest part of it for me. The words "I/we don't know" don't even seem to be part of his vocabulary. He readily speculates on just about anything depending on the question.

Again, I hate that he's doing so many interviews. Interviews are framed by their questions, not by their answers. His questions should be coming from the lab, not the news room.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:43 AM 03-01-2021
Yeah I didn’t state that correctly. 85% of the adult population which I believe is somewhere in the neighborhood of 260 million.

The 15% is people who don’t want to take it (my opinion and could be wrong).

Barely over 200 children under 18 have died from covid so when most people over 18 get vaccinated the death rate should be completely under control and ready for normalcy again.

This would be a terrible message. People who choose to get the vaccine shouldn’t be reliant on others to get their normalcy back. People choose to get the vaccine to protect themselves and others from the virus, which also means protection from those may not get the vaccine or who otherwise have the virus. Add in the fact that millions of people have already had it and many of them won’t get the vaccine anyways.

This percentage objective would also be destined to fail and their is no need to set ourselves up for an obvious failure that would simply drag this out even longer. Everyone has the chance to be vaccinated and that’s your objective for normalcy. Anything else is simply a fantasy.
[Reply]
Page 3456 of 3903
« First < 2456295633563406344634523453345434553456 3457345834593460346635063556 > Last »
Up