ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3449 of 3903
« First < 2449294933493399343934453446344734483449 3450345134523453345934993549 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:57 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Because the federal government and he a lth officials think that is what needs to happen. Just like now and up to this point in time some states have been following others are doing what they think is right. It will be no different going forward.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:04 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They know what's best for you dammit! Just do it for 2 weeks to stop the spread and we will be through this.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:19 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
They know what's best for you dammit! Just do it for 2 weeks to stop the spread and we will be through this.
We're all in this together!!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:50 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
We're all in this together!!

Nice to see you missed the point. I understand your bias and even agree with it overall. That does not change the fact that the Federal Government is going to leverage the states to follow their recommendations. They will also enact those kinds of mandates on Federal property and buildings. Those are the facts whether anyone likes it or not.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:02 AM 02-24-2021

The efficacy data for the J&J vaccine look absolutely wonderful. No apparent reduction in efficacy against the B.1.351 variant common in SA (?!). Numbers are small, but if confirmed, this is arguably today's most significant piece of news, and it's a one shot vaccine ... https://t.co/LAaOMHf1y7

— Prof Francois Balloux (@BallouxFrancois) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:41 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Because the federal government and health officials think that is what needs to happen. Just like now and up to this point in time some states have been following others are doing what they think is right. It will be no different going forward.
I mean, I understand if they're trying to preach that a vaccine doesn't turn the world into Mardi Gras. But everyone is sick of this idea that we're doing our part to get the vaccine and yet nothing will change. The best marketing for the vaccine is to tell us that at least some things will go back to normal. Sorry, but selling people hesitant to get the vaccine that the only motivation is to prevent death for a disease that won't kill a substantial amount of the audience is baffling.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:54 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The best marketing for the vaccine is to tell us that at least some things will go back to normal. Sorry, but selling people hesitant to get the vaccine that the only motivation is to prevent death for a disease that won't kill a substantial amount of the audience is baffling.
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:58 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Can someone that knows more about these vaccines than I do explain to me why I should get this vaccine instead of waiting for pfizer/moderna? 66% efficacy compared to 94/95% efficacy is quite the gap.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:07 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Can someone that knows more about these vaccines than I do explain to me why I should get this vaccine instead of waiting for pfizer/moderna? 66% efficacy compared to 94/95% efficacy is quite the gap.
At the time that Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were developed and tested, we were not aware of the variants (SA, UK, etc) and those vaccines were not tested against that. J&J has the distinction of running trials specifically with the SA variant in mind. In short, the previously released vaccines would likely not have the same efficacy if they had been in trials a few months later. So the gap isn't actually 66 to 95%.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:35 AM 02-24-2021
I think you will see about a 50% vaccination rate at best. Those who had the virus, most likely won’t get it. Rightfully so in my opinion. Regarding everyone else, I believe that the excitement and conversation about getting the virus reduces every day. The slow roll out is a problem in this regard. For large amounts of people who won’t even have access to it until April, May, and even June, they are going to look around and see cases and deaths being pretty minimal. By then the initial surge of momentum and excitement, combined with need, about getting the vaccine will be greatly reduced.

This seems especially likely to me because these will be the younger, healthier, and or low exposure group. If the message continues to be masks social distancing even with the vaccine, what will be their motivation? On top of that if we keep hearing about a need for boosters, which are basically a nonstarter in my view in that the vast majority won’t get them, people in those last eligible groups just aren’t going to commit to something like that in large numbers.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:41 AM 02-24-2021
Jnj is real good news. Prioritize for low income and remote areas. These are areas that will struggle most with storing and administering shots. Jnj solves both problems since its more easily stored and only needs one shot. Hopefully means increased capacity for everyone else to deliver pfizer/covid in areas where infrastructure is in place.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:02 AM 02-24-2021
Jnj is real good news. Prioritize for low income and remote areas. These are areas that will struggle most with storing and administering shots. Jnj solves both problems since its more easily stored and only needs one shot. Hopefully means increased capacity for everyone else to deliver pfizer/covid in areas where infrastructure is in place.
So, save the good stuff for the rich folk? Why should low income get the least effective vaccine? The govt is footing the bill anyway.
[Reply]
loochy 11:04 AM 02-24-2021
So, save the good stuff for the rich folk? Why should low income get the least effective vaccine? The govt is footing the bill anyway.

He just said why:

These are areas that will struggle most with storing and administering shots. Jnj solves both problems since its more easily stored and only needs one shot. Hopefully means increased capacity for everyone else to deliver pfizer/covid in areas where infrastructure is in place.

[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:12 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
He just said why:
I get rural areas. Many poor people live in urban areas, though, where access to healthcare providers that have the storage isn't an issue.
[Reply]
loochy 11:14 AM 02-24-2021
I get rural areas. Many poor people live in urban areas, though, where access to healthcare providers that have the storage isn't an issue.

It has to do with it being a single shot vs multi-dose. If you haven't noticed, low income folk tend to have other things on their mind...getting them a single dose would be significantly easier.
[Reply]
Page 3449 of 3903
« First < 2449294933493399343934453446344734483449 3450345134523453345934993549 > Last »
Up