ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>Didn't get what the big deal was about the whole Boulevard dealio.
BIG_DADDY 09:41 AM 04-16-2021
I have had a lot of great beers living in N California for 35 years. I tried a Boulevard beer once and I have to admit I didn't get what the big deal was. Last night I went to a place called On Tap. They have 40 beers on tap. I tried the Boulevard Quadruple bourbon barrel aged with cherries. WOW, I get it now. What are your favorites? I gotta try some now that they are more available.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:55 PM 01-20-2023
Boulevard is popular because it was (and basically still is) the one microbrew in the midwest/KC area. No one that's spent any amount of time in a place like Portland, Denver, or San Diego will ever hype up Boulevard. It isn't very good.

But when it's an IPA from Boulevard or, like, Bud Light Platinum as the two "premium" beers at your local Piggly Wiggly's down on Main across from the livery, you can understand where Boulevard gets its following.
[Reply]
Fish 06:14 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Boulevard is popular because it was (and basically still is) the one microbrew in the midwest/KC area. No one that's spent any amount of time in a place like Portland, Denver, or San Diego will ever hype up Boulevard. It isn't very good.

But when it's an IPA from Boulevard or, like, Bud Light Platinum as the two "premium" beers at your local Piggly Wiggly's down on Main across from the livery, you can understand where Boulevard gets its following.
Yeah, Boulevard IPA or Bud Light Platinum. That's the KC choices.

What a fucking moron you are.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:29 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:

from Imgflip Meme Generator

[Reply]
|Zach| 08:27 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 08:48 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Holy shit. :-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:52 PM 01-20-2023
Semi related I was standing in line at QuikTrip the other day was impressed with their selection beers and different alcohol options in the cooler. It would be interesting to see what they offered about 20 years ago compared to now I bet the variety is pretty insane in comparison. People's tastes have changed so much.
[Reply]
kstater 09:14 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Semi related I was standing in line at QuikTrip the other day was impressed with their selection beers and different alcohol options in the cooler. It would be interesting to see what they offered about 20 years ago compared to now I bet the variety is pretty insane in comparison. People's tastes have changed so much.
Two pints of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for 2.89 is my favorite deal in the city.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dark Horse 11:52 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
That's about the norm for that particular beer.

To be totally fair, it is a 16 oz bottle.
I probably got hosed but I gave $16 for a bottle of high priestess imperial porter a while back in Mesa Verde
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up