Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
FAX 09:26 PM 02-12-2020
Is a baller.

That's it. That's the thread.

FAX
[Reply]
staylor26 03:21 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If this team wants to move on from Watkins, they'll have an incredible list to choose from. The WR FA group is fucking stacked this year. Just going to come down to what is important to Andy/Veach and what we can afford.
Like who though?

Robinson, Godwin, Golladay, Fuller etc. will all be re-signing with their current teams or getting paid by a team with a lot more money than us.

I think we can get a decent bargain somewhere, but I’m not even sure that guy would be better than Sammy. I suppose it could be somebody with more availability though.

The guy that would be at the top of my wish list is Corey Davis. Even a guy like that will probably be out of our price range though.

Realistically the best we could probably hope for is like a Breshad Perriman, who also has quite the injury history. Maybe Marvin Jones? I wouldn’t be shocked if they signed Conley at the end of the day and draft somebody in the first 3 rounds.
[Reply]
O.city 06:59 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Like who though?

Robinson, Godwin, Golladay, Fuller etc. will all be re-signing with their current teams or getting paid by a team with a lot more money than us.

I think we can get a decent bargain somewhere, but I’m not even sure that guy would be better than Sammy. I suppose it could be somebody with more availability though.

The guy that would be at the top of my wish list is Corey Davis. Even a guy like that will probably be out of our price range though.

Realistically the best we could probably hope for is like a Breshad Perriman, who also has quite the injury history. Maybe Marvin Jones? I wouldn’t be shocked if they signed Conley at the end of the day and draft somebody in the first 3 rounds.
Depends what they wanna spend

I’m kinda thinking the market for wrs won’t be as high as we think. There’s a shitload in this upcoming draft, could depress some value.

I’d love to have Corey Davis. Holy shit he’s perfect for what we need opposite hill
[Reply]
staylor26 07:44 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Depends what they wanna spend

I’m kinda thinking the market for wrs won’t be as high as we think. There’s a shitload in this upcoming draft, could depress some value.

I’d love to have Corey Davis. Holy shit he’s perfect for what we need opposite hill
Yea Hill, Davis, and year 3 Hardman would be an excellent trio. Davis would compliment those guys and Kelce well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 PM 12-31-2020
Corey Davis? :-)
[Reply]
Redbled 11:41 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
So what would your reaction be if the Bills grabbed OBJ to go opposite Diggs?
My reaction is Cleveland is better off without him. How many other elite receivers do teams say that about?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:35 AM 01-01-2021
I think JuJu Smith-Schuster would be a good fit..he's proven to produce when he's not a top option, Pitt generally doesn't pay receivers.

Curtis Samuel is another one I like that could be workable money wise.
[Reply]
In58men 11:36 AM 01-01-2021
Am I the only one who wants Curtis Samuel?

I really think this guy is the real deal. No I’m not hungover.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:41 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Actually, if you look at their entire careers...

Sammy has played 4 more games than OBJ. Both came out of 2014 draft class.
LOL

I wouldn't have guessed that. Good catch.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:49 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL

I wouldn't have guessed that. Good catch.
Sammy gets nagging shit, OBJ has 2 lost seasons with ACL and the broken leg.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:51 AM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think JuJu Smith-Schuster would be a good fit..he's proven to produce when he's not a top option, Pitt generally doesn't pay receivers.

Curtis Samuel is another one I like that could be workable money wise.
I think Juju is a clown. Would not want him.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:55 AM 01-01-2021
Sammy won’t get more than 11-12 million per anywhere. Might as well be here on a short term.

Only comparable or cheaper guys in terms of money might be Jones Jr. or Higgins. Majority of “name” WR’s will command big dollars.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:01 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Maybe so but as a 3rd option he puts up numbers.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:06 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Agreed. When AB left he struggled as a No.1 and quite frankly played like a JAG. When Claypool arrived this year he became effective again. There are those No.1 WRs who need No.1b WRs next to them to be productive and then there are those who don't need anyone beside them....and we all know who those WRs are:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:10 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Sammy gets nagging shit,
He's soft.

And I have hated soft players, BUT I will say he is the only soft player I have really liked because when he is 100% healthy(rare, I know) he makes all the difference being not only a baller himself but makes everyone else around him a bigger baller as well and why Reid insisted on making sure he had him back this season.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:10 PM 01-01-2021
Unless he balls out hard in the playoffs again he must be gone. We have supreme talent at QB. We need solid guys to compliment Hill and Kelce. Not a guy who never plays half the year.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 30
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up