ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2866 of 4890
« First < 1866236627662816285628622863286428652866 286728682869287028762916296633663866 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:29 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
When this trade was taking place...I went to a Seahawks forum to gauge their reaction. Wilson has been the face of their team since they dismantled the LOB and Lynch split.

One post said something that stuck with me..."I'm sad to see him go but if we are being honest, Russ hasn't been Russ for a few years".

I then tried to picture this scenario with Mahomes in a decade...and KC fans having a sentimental attachment but realizing his best years are behind him.

You all sold the farm for the "Russ hasnt been Russ for a few years" version...
From a recent article from The Athletic:

Wilson isn’t in his prime anymore and his athleticism is declining.

So much of his game has been built around his ability to buy time to either hit a big play downfield or take off running in high-leverage situations. That ability is still there but it won’t be as dependable as it once was. Wilson will have to make adjustments to his game and head coach Nathaniel Hackett will have to adjust to him to make this marriage work.

After years of frustration from being a run-first offense, former Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer finally let Russ cook in 2020. At first, the results were spectacular. After eight games, the offense was first in points per game (34.0), touchdowns per game (4.5) and points per drive (3.0). However, defenses started playing more two-deep to take away deep passes. Without the deep ball, Wilson struggled. Seattle ranked between 16th and 18th in those aforementioned categories over the final eight games.

One of Wilson’s biggest shortcomings and one that many shorter quarterbacks share (Wilson is listed at 5-11) is the inability to consistently use the short to intermediate middle of the field. When the pocket is muddy, it could become difficult for them to see that area of the field. The Seahawks rarely called plays to this area of the field even though a feature from Sean McVay’s offense, which Seattle offensive coordinator Shane Waldron runs, attacks it.

The blueprint’s been out on this midget for the last year and a half.:-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:55 PM 05-01-2022
For years, we’ve heard that Denver had a loaded roster and was a QB away from dominance. One little problem with that idea: every QB they’ve brought in has been less productive than the previous year. Doesn’t quite add up…..
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:07 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It's actually more exacting when you have a seasoned HC/coordinators...that have been in place for a few years.

They can identify their needs based off a known system...and work within those borders....hence why the Ravens, Chiefs and Patriots have been the most consistent franchises in the AFC.
Well, it’s good to know that group won’t draft another CEH in R1 yeah? That has to be a relief.

Anyway, you get the point. Denver’s drafts have been better the last couple of years, I don’t have any complaints from this one. Gotta see them play.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:09 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
For years, we’ve heard that Denver had a loaded roster and was a QB away from dominance. One little problem with that idea: every QB they’ve brought in has been less productive than the previous year. Doesn’t quite add up…..
I think too many of you take a few comments from Queso Joe and have fabricated this tale of Bronco’s fans as a hole sharing that mantra.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:46 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, it’s good to know that group won’t draft another CEH in R1 yeah? That has to be a relief.

Anyway, you get the point. Denver’s drafts have been better the last couple of years, I don’t have any complaints from this one. Gotta see them play.
CEH has averaged 4.4 yds/carry, and many of those carries were behind the worst run-blocking unit in the league.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:52 PM 05-01-2022
I think too many of you take a few comments from Queso Joe and have fabricated this tale of Bronco’s fans as a hole sharing that mantra.
Nah..it was a common theme on Broncos boards the last 2-3 years. Denver was going to dominate the division with even an above average QB.

Funniest part was that the same people who made these claims also admitted that Fangio had been responsible for 3-4 losses each year. Apparently, the thought process was that the roster was SO dominant that they could overcome that.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:06 PM 05-01-2022
Donkey Badger's heart is just not into at this time. The fires must burning elsewhere
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:11 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
But your guys really do suck, and ours were steals and are real good. :-)
Hey, how about someone start a thread and evaluate these past drafts starting with Andy's first year here. I mean it is true you can't really grade a draft until about 3 yrs out.
[Reply]
TEX 07:38 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Hey, how about someone start a thread and evaluate these past drafts starting with Andy's first year here. I mean it is true you can't really grade a draft until about 3 yrs out.
Great idea. A lot of work. But Staylor, Ops or Clay could easily do it.
[Reply]
TEX 07:44 PM 05-01-2022

Kind of easy to do when you're always picking top 10 every year, like Denver. :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 07:52 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t remember the exact %, but you’re free to dig it up.
I'm not the one trying to use it for my argument, you are.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:31 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I'm not the one trying to use it for my argument, you are.
Not wanting to dig up the exact numbers doesn’t make what I’m saying any less true.

The numbers are really just confirmation of what you’d see on tape (for both of those guys), which you admittedly haven’t done much of. You are evaluating based on one game (which happens to be his worst) and sack totals. That’s literally it. It’s lazy.

You’re free to continue pretending that Karlaftis didn’t consistently get pressure this year despite only having 5 sacks last year.

My goal here isn’t to persuade you. I’m just telling you you’re wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:39 PM 05-01-2022
Let’s take a look at pass rush win rate:

Highest pass-rush win rate among Big 10 Edges

1️⃣ Aidan Hutchinson - 24.8%
2️⃣ George Karlaftis - 23.6%
3️⃣ Arnold Ebiketie - 22.9% pic.twitter.com/pD3wGQBrcV

— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) January 19, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 08:46 PM 05-01-2022
And Jayson Oweh’s pressure rate in college was 13.2%

Karlaftis had a pressure rate of 13.4%. 4th in the nation since 2019.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:00 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Let’s take a look at pass rush win rate:

I've come to the conclusion he/she/zim/zer; whatever "they- MagicHef" identify as, have never played football and just like throwing something out there to pretend they did
[Reply]
Page 2866 of 4890
« First < 1866236627662816285628622863286428652866 286728682869287028762916296633663866 > Last »
Up