Nzoner's Game Room>-- Taco Bell coming out with new chicken sandwich taco
carcosa 12:12 AM 02-23-2021
Holy shit this looks good as hell can't wait til it goes national

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/busin...aco/index.html

Yum!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:31 AM 02-23-2021
Wish fish tacos returned to popularity.

I know I can find them at upscale restaurants, but StL used to have a chain that had the best fish tacos, then the owners got in a squabble and closed all their stores.

Nobody 'convenient' or 'chain' picked up the slack.

The craving is substantial enough I occasionally daydream about filling the market vacancy with a couple small fish taco joints.

Jose Peppers back home in KC has decent, so I just make sure to enjoy some whenever I visit.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:13 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

I know I can find them at upscale restaurants, but StL used to have a chain that had the best fish tacos, then the owners got in a squabble and closed all their stores.

The craving is substantial enough I occasionally daydream about filling the market vacancy with a couple small fish taco joints.

Jose Peppers back home in KC has decent, so I just make sure to enjoy some whenever I visit.
Jose Peppers? Really?

Mission Taco on Delmar or in Soulard has fish tacos that are vastly superior to the bland ones at Jose Peppers.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:35 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Fish taco's are where it's at and are very popular here. You just have to make sure you ask what kind of fish they use. A lot of places will use tilapia :-)

The best places use Grouper or Mahi Mahi
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Red Snapper from the Sea of Cortez for the win
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:30 PM 02-23-2021
Fish taco's are where it's at and are very popular here. You just have to make sure you ask what kind of fish they use. A lot of places will use tilapia :-)

I’ve got a place here that uses that fake catfish fish, but they’re only $2 on Tuesday.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:26 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
fake catfish fish
I'm not a catfish fan, especially since I live a stone's throw away from awesome seafood, but what the hell is fake catfish?
Catfish is one of the most farmed, readily available fish around. Why is there a need for a fake version?

Edit: I had to look it up. Swai, another garbage fish loaded with antibiotics just to keep them alive and growth hormones to get them to market sooner. Mainly farmed in SE Asia with little to no regulations. Gross
[Reply]
srvy 03:31 PM 02-23-2021
I'm not a catfish fan, especially since I live a stone's throw away from awesome seafood, but what the hell is fake catfish?
Catfish is one of the most farmed, readily available fish around. Why is there a need for a fake version?

Edit: I had to look it up. Swai, another garbage fish loaded with antibiotics just to keep them alive and growth hormones to get them to market sooner. Mainly farmed in SE Asia with little to no regulations. Gross
Cobbler fish or Basa is a catfish native to SE Asia, particularly in the Mekong Delta area. It's cheaper than Swai and Tilapia but it's a turd fish mistaken for North American Catfish. My wife loves it and buys it regularly at the Asian market. I can't tell the difference in texture and taste of channel cat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 02-23-2021

1. Tilapia is cheap and readily available.

2. Tilapia is actually authentic.

:-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:23 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
1. Tilapia is cheap and readily available.

2. Tilapia is actually authentic.

:-)
3. Tilapia tastes like the bottom of a garbage can
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:26 PM 02-23-2021
3. Tilapia tastes like the bottom of a garbage can
Not if it's farm raised, which is big business around here.

That being said, you're talking about an ethnic dish that features, among other things, the choice of tripe as your "protein".
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:35 AM 02-23-2021
Looks like more than their average ass explosion in a tortilla.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:43 AM 02-23-2021
mmmmmmm!!!!
[Reply]
threebag 12:59 AM 02-23-2021

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:42 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:

WOULD FUCK
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >