ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 151
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:12 AM 03-15-2020
Billay all mad Cornfuggers moved away and faded into irrelevance and nobody here in KC ever talks about them. He has to talk about KU or at some times, KSU or Mizzouche to talk college sports. The BIG move was a shitty deal for KC corn fans. Totally isolated now
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:29 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Billay all mad Cornfuggers moved away and faded into irrelevance and nobody here in KC ever talks about them. He has to talk about KU or at some times, KSU or Mizzouche to talk college sports. The BIG move was a shitty deal for KC corn fans. Totally isolated now
I too remember when moving to the Big 10 was going to make Nebraska a national power.

Honest question - which Power 5 schools have directly benefited from switching conferences?
[Reply]
Pablo 11:32 AM 03-15-2020
Nebrasketball is back on the map with the Blonde Con at the helm. Shit, they even doubled down on another Blonde Con for foozball. Impressive.

Credit to PB on that great nickname btw.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:35 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I too remember when moving to the Big 10 was going to make Nebraska a national power.

Honest question - which Power 5 schools have directly benefited from switching conferences?
They talked about this last week on 610. They said Colorado, TCU and I think WVU maybe. Texas A&M got more recruiting leverage I guess for football.

Of the local schools, Nubs don't align at all with the others BIGs academically or culturally and will now be fisted by tOSU and (lol) Iowa forever and ever and ever.

Mutts are the fleshlight of the SEC. The big boys pump into them to keep their stamina up and then use that energy for a playoff spot or demolish some PAC school in a bowl game that actually matters. They can't even compete in men's basketball in that trash conference, lulz.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:41 AM 03-15-2020
Beautiful art I made for another thread that accurately portrays the mutts lot in life:

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:24 PM 03-15-2020
Finished ranked #1 again but didnt win the title again. Such is life for a KU fan.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:35 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Beautiful art I made for another thread that accurately portrays the mutts lot in life:

Image: Not Safe for Work
:-)

Who says art is dead?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:40 PM 03-15-2020
LOL.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:42 PM 03-15-2020
The distance on Pomeroy btw 1 and 2 is the same btw 2 and 7

#HangIt
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They talked about this last week on 610. They said Colorado, TCU and I think WVU maybe. Texas A&M got more recruiting leverage I guess for football.

Of the local schools, Nubs don't align at all with the others BIGs academically or culturally and will now be fisted by tOSU and (lol) Iowa forever and ever and ever.

Mutts are the fleshlight of the SEC. The big boys pump into them to keep their stamina up and then use that energy for a playoff spot or demolish some PAC school in a bowl game that actually matters. They can't even compete in men's basketball in that trash conference, lulz.
I guess you could maybe say A&M benefited a bit. Then their wheels came off and they’re a joke now.

Maybe Colorado? The pac 12 is a joke so periodically they’re contenders for a bit.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 05:22 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Finished ranked #1 again but didnt win the title again. Such is life for a KU fan.
LOL.....

Still pieces of Wisky's boot up your ass!!!!
Attached: sad-nebraska-fans.jpg (70.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:39 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I guess you could maybe say A&M benefited a bit. Then their wheels came off and they’re a joke now.

Maybe Colorado? The pac 12 is a joke so periodically they’re contenders for a bit.
I get the argument for Colorado - they seem to be turning it around.

Texas A&M, sure? I think why I struggle with A&M is that they haven’t achieved anything at a higher level in major sports since moving conferences, right? (Correct me if I’m wrong). It’s possible they’re finding their place in recruiting (being the SEC Texas school) but some of that might be due to Texas having their head up their *** during this time. It’ll be interesting to see if A&M does benefit long term from their switch here.

With WVU & TCU, they came from conferences outside of the Power 5. They definitely have improved and I think a lot of that came once the Big 12 stabilized and kept their place as a Power 5.

Any other examples of a school going from one Power 5 to another and coming out better for it?
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:41 PM 03-15-2020
The NCKU may as well have the refs play instead. What an awful sport.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:48 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
The NCKU may as well have the refs play instead. What an awful sport.
Of course it's awful, you're a Mizzou fan. You must hate every sport.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:49 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Of course it's awful, you're a Mizzou fan. You must hate every sport.
At least he cherry picked Green Bay so he could watch Favre and Rodgers only win 2 bowls in the last 30 years.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:53 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I get the argument for Colorado - they seem to be turning it around.

Texas A&M, sure? I think why I struggle with A&M is that they haven’t achieved anything at a higher level in major sports since moving conferences, right? (Correct me if I’m wrong). It’s possible they’re finding their place in recruiting (being the SEC Texas school) but some of that might be due to Texas having their head up their *** during this time. It’ll be interesting to see if A&M does benefit long term from their switch here.

With WVU & TCU, they came from conferences outside of the Power 5. They definitely have improved and I think a lot of that came once the Big 12 stabilized and kept their place as a Power 5.

Any other examples of a school going from one Power 5 to another and coming out better for it?
I’d have to look at all the changes that were made. But maybe Maryland?

I don’t know.

Your point is certainly valid. Even if there is an outlier or two.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 151
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Up