ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 39
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
Stro39 12:55 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Hold it until it feels like it is going to pop. Cry while contracting, take a deep breath and do it again.

I can't wait until I can get back in the gym in mid March.

My kid has challenged me to the 1000lb club.
Now that's a goal. I like these types of goals myself to drive my own training. Good luck with it.
[Reply]
In58men 07:35 AM 11-02-2022
What creatine does everyone use? I know a lot of creatine is trash because people just piss it out, I’m also uneducated when it comes to creatine lol.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:42 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
What creatine does everyone use? I know a lot of creatine is trash because people just piss it out, I’m also uneducated when it comes to creatine lol.
https://store.optum.com/shop/product...ne_hl_tl_39013
[Reply]
In58men 08:07 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
https://store.optum.com/shop/product...ne_hl_tl_39013

Just bought some, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:22 AM 11-02-2022
I've always heard to just use the plain creatine monohydrate, but after my 200 day supply for like $8 ran out, I realized it's now (relatively) fucking expensive.... found some on Amazon that wasn't $60, HCL, supposedly more soluble but with limited studies done to know if it's actually any more effective.

In the past I've figured I was in the set of people who see no bonus from it, but now being on better routines and diet, I'd at least like to think it helps. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 10:48 AM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've always heard to just use the plain creatine monohydrate, but after my 200 day supply for like $8 ran out, I realized it's now (relatively) ****ing expensive.... found some on Amazon that wasn't $60, HCL, supposedly more soluble but with limited studies done to know if it's actually any more effective.

In the past I've figured I was in the set of people who see no bonus from it, but now being on better routines and diet, I'd at least like to think it helps. :-)
From what I have read I would stick with mono until more studies have been done on HCL. Biggest negative to mono is having to preload. Once you get past that phase it is no bid deal.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:34 PM 11-05-2022
I have learned as I've gotten older, that I just can't do as much frequency. I generally lift 3x per week, 60-75 minute sessions though. Between work and life, I don't really want to be getting up at 4 am another day of the week. However, I do float workouts within a routine so if I wanted to do a 4th workout in a week, I can.

I also very much vary my loads and intensity, depending on how my body is feeling. Feeling good, I will blast heavy sets for a few weeks doing singles, doubles and triples. Feeling beat up, I will go to 8-12 reps and decrease the volume. I used to be a prescribed reps/sets kind of guy but too many other factors in life happen to creep into the gym as you age.

I'll post my new routine after this. It's 5 workouts and I just do them in order, so some weeks my chest only gets hit once and in others it will be 2, same with other muscle groups besides legs which always get hit twice a week. It depends how those 5 workouts rotate into a 3 day lifting routine. Hope that makes sense.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:35 PM 11-05-2022
I don't deadlift from the floor anymore with the hip issues I have. I do heavy RDLs and rack deads to compensate.

Pull Strength-
Pin or paused squats—Up to max single or doubles, or 3x3 or RPE
RDL’s- 3x3 or 3x8
DB Rows or BB Rows or HS Iso row 3x5-8
WG Pullups followed by DC back stretch hang
BB Curls less than 6 reps x2 sets followed by RP’ed set at lighter weight
Hammer curl less than 6 reps or rope curls followed by DC bicep stretch
Calf Raise (seated calf Raise) DC variation

Push Strength-
Bench 3x3, 3x5 or heavy single/doubles followed by reps with 185 or RPE
CGBP 3x5 or 3x8
Smith Incline- 3x5-10 or RP’ed followed by DC chest stretch
BB Military Press 3x3 or 3x5 or RP’ed followed by DC shoulder stretch
DB Skulls 3x6-10
OH DB Extension 3x6-15 followed by DC tricep stretch

Legs-
Back Squats- Up to max single/doubles/triple or 3x3 or RPE
Leg Press 3x5 or 3x15-20
GHR (Or Rack deads in this spot)
Leg Curls 3x8-20 or pull throughs or rack deads moved behind leg press
Leg Extensions 3x8-20 followed by DC sissy stretch
Calf Raise (Smith high reps) DC Variant

Pull Hypertrophy-
Box Squats- RPE or doubles
RP’ed ham curls or seated ham
Weighted Chins-3x3 or 3x5 of RP’ed UH Chins
Pulldowns- RP’ed (Can change grip after failing out)
Cable Rows or T-Bar Rows- 3x6-12 followed by DC back hang stretch
Cable Curls 3x8-15 RP’ed
Incline DB curls (more than 8 reps) 3x8-15 followed by DC bicep stretch
Shrugs

Push Hypertrophy-
Incline DB Bench-3x3, 3x5, 3x8 or RP’ed
Machine Chest Press 3 x 6-15
DB Flys-3x6-12 followed by DC stretch
DB Shoulder Press- 3x6-12 or RP’ed set
DB Laterals-3x8-15
Dips- 3x15 followed by DC shoulder stretch
Pressdowns or rope extension- 3x8-20 followed by DC tricep stretch
[Reply]
Stro39 09:57 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I have learned as I've gotten older, that I just can't do as much frequency. I generally lift 3x per week, 60-75 minute sessions though. Between work and life, I don't really want to be getting up at 4 am another day of the week. However, I do float workouts within a routine so if I wanted to do a 4th workout in a week, I can.

I also very much vary my loads and intensity, depending on how my body is feeling. Feeling good, I will blast heavy sets for a few weeks doing singles, doubles and triples. Feeling beat up, I will go to 8-12 reps and decrease the volume. I used to be a prescribed reps/sets kind of guy but too many other factors in life happen to creep into the gym as you age.
I'm 51 years of age and this is sort of roughly what I do. As I get older I have to navigate chronic issues I have that will impact my training if I don't pay heed to them.

I have a chronic shoulder issue, crepitus in one of my knees that will turn to pain if I'm not careful, and the start of a hip issue.

I'm still able to do heavy singles though (relative to my age and bodyweight). Set a PB in deadlift about 6 weeks ago and would still like to push my squat past where it is now. I'm not pushing my bench though, just isn't happening with my shoulder at my age unfortunately.
[Reply]
In58men 11:46 AM 11-08-2022
So this is cool, my kidneys are functioning at 71%. Doctor wants me to cut the creatine completely out of my diet.
[Reply]
loochy 12:37 PM 11-08-2022
So this is cool, my kidneys are functioning at 71%. Doctor wants me to cut the creatine completely out of my diet.

Yeah, cut the creatine and a low protein diet would probably help too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:39 PM 11-08-2022
What's the issue with your kidneys and is it possible to remedy the issue?
[Reply]
In58men 12:42 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What's the issue with your kidneys and is it possible to remedy the issue?
I didn’t ask for a remedy solution, just going to stop taking the creatine and drink more water. Have to do another blood panel in 2 months to see if they’re healing.
[Reply]
In58men 12:54 PM 11-08-2022
What would be a good low protein diet meal prep?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:55 PM 11-08-2022
I didn’t ask for a remedy solution, just going to stop taking the creatine and drink more water. Have to do another blood panel in 2 months to see if they’re healing.
Come on, bruv, that is need-to-know information lol

Your doc didn't seem too worried?
[Reply]
Page 31 of 39
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up