ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 22
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Ozark
Halfcan 08:33 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Its pretty much mandatory to have a gay character in every single show now.
Exactly, they made it pretty obvious in this one though. I guess if you don't have a gay character people would be protesting in the streets over it. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:45 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep, it is like they stopped by and filmed a few things around the Ozarks- like the statue of Big Chief, but the rest of the area looks off to me. Why not film there? I laughed when Marty kept sleeping outside- in the Ozarks - no tent or mosquito netting- yep, sure thing. :-)

I am just 4 shows in, I like it so far, but it is a bit far-fetched. How is Marty going to wash 500 million through 2 businesses? Also, the flaming gay FBI is just too weird. Did they have to put the gay blowjob in there- he is the law but paying males hookers?

I will probably finish the series, but it seems to be falling apart already.

BTW- Wendy should have gone off the balcony with her lover. She is annoying.
Where did you get $500 millions? It's $8 million.
[Reply]
Miles 09:31 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Where did you get $500 millions? It's $8 million.
The pitch was $500M with $8M as a trial.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:04 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Miles:
The pitch was $500M with $8M as a trial.
I must have missed that part.

I realized the $8M was a trial run for something bigger.

Didn't know it was that much bigger?!!?
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:56 PM 07-23-2017
Will binge watch.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:02 PM 07-23-2017
Lickity Split :-)
[Reply]
DaveNull 05:55 PM 07-23-2017
i thought it was fine. It seemed to be a show that couldn't decide whether it was going to be funny like Weeds or more dark like Breaking Bad and was wildly inconsistent between the episodes.
[Reply]
Silock 08:30 PM 07-24-2017
Bingeing now. I like it.
[Reply]
Scorp 07:27 PM 07-26-2017
I binged it in two days, I liked it. I like about anything Jason Bateman does though.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:14 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by Scorp:
I binged it in two days, I liked it. I like about anything Jason Bateman does though.
Agreed, and we finished it in 3 days. Was definitely good, to no surprise.

Really didn't expect

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 07:34 PM 08-09-2017
Watched 3 episodes last night, not the greatest but I'll keep watching. It really irritates me how in any show/movie about the Ozarks every single local is portrayed as a back-woods hillbilly and/or meth-head retard. Literally every single one.
Dude. Did you watch? Most of the main characters from the area were not.

Rachel is definitely not.

Jacob may look and sound like a hillbilly but he was very intelligent and business savvy.

Ruth lived like trash but she wasn't a backwoods hillbilly. She was damned sharp too.

So then what? You're looking at the moron Langmore brothers. That's 2-5. Not very damned much.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:09 PM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Dude. Did you watch? Most of the main characters from the area were not.

Rachel is definitely not.

Jacob may look and sound like a hillbilly but he was very intelligent and business savvy.

Ruth lived like trash but she wasn't a backwoods hillbilly. She was damned sharp too.

So then what? You're looking at the moron Langmore brothers. That's 2-5. Not very damned much.
Backwoods hillbilly's can be intelligent, sharp and business savvy. Almost every local...main character or not...was portrayed as a backwoods hillbilly and/or white trash. If you didn't notice it I dont know what to tell you.

I just wasn't very impressed with the show. It could have been so much better. Good idea but the sloppy writing ruined it for me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:59 PM 08-10-2017
Backwoods hillbilly's can be intelligent, sharp and business savvy. Almost every local...main character or not...was portrayed as a backwoods hillbilly and/or white trash. If you didn't notice it I dont know what to tell you.

I just wasn't very impressed with the show. It could have been so much better. Good idea but the sloppy writing ruined it for me.
Because they have southern accents? WTF dude?

There is absolutely nothing about Jacob that makes him backwoods or hillbilly.

And if they are hillbilly or trash they are BY DEFINITION not intelligent, sharp or savvy.
[Reply]
jimidollar 07:32 PM 07-26-2017
Just finished it. I liked it. It wasn't as good as BB, but nothing is.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:34 PM 07-31-2017
Loving this show here. 2 episodes in.

Has a modern day Deliverance feel to it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 22
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up