ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 192
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:52 AM 03-23-2022
John Dorsey would've NEVER allowed it to get to this point.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 10:52 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Remember when Deion Branch won Super Bowls with Brady and signed a stupid huge contract with Seattle after NE traded him for a 1st rounder?

He got stuck with shit like Matt Hasselbeck and Seneca Wallace, and the Patriots got him back for a 4th rounder.

I'm glad Hill is going to a team with a broke dick noodle armed QB. Means he can get paid and come back home next year.
Branch was just a decent #2 receiver who shined since the Patriots had no one else any better so he was targeted like he was a #1 receiver. Hill is legitimately a top 1-5 receiver/punt returner in the NFL but the Chiefs did get a great haul for him. Who knows how well Hill lasts as a great receiver but Hill proved himself with Alex Smith. He developed into a great receiver when Smith was still on the team...helping Smith put up really good stats that year.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:52 AM 03-23-2022
Lol.....at whomever said we "barely" had a run. 4 straight AFC Championship games and a couple superbowls is something most teams would die for.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 10:52 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We just gained 20MM in cap space as well.

KC was never going to pay Hill $30MMper year.
cool story bro..now change your avatar.,.hes no longer a Chiefs either. .
[Reply]
stumppy 10:52 AM 03-23-2022
AMF (adios mf)

I'm just glad we have a QB who is about the team.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:53 AM 03-23-2022
I'm good with it. Tyreek has wanted out of KC for a while. He was either going to drag KC over the coals on a contract, or be dealt. Chiefs took the reins and shipped him off to where he really wants to be, Miami.

I'm not ecstatic in the compensation. But it will be a chance to refocus and regroup while getting younger. Or maybe even trade up. My feelings on the quickness of this tell me there was more to it than we will ever know. I have a feeling though there might be a few in Chiefs land that lose their family sources of info with the moves that have been made and certain players not resigned.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:53 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just stay put, Brett.

We're taking a step back. That's a foregone conclusion at this point.

So don't get aggressive and go trading for veteran WRs. Don't go packaging 1st round picks and giving up value to get someone 5% better than who you'd get at 29 and 30.

Just sit fucking still.

Let the draft come to you, take the best player available at any spot anywhere. Recognize that next year may be nasty and it just doesn't goddamn matter.

This just isn't a good enough return to justify keeping your foot on the gas. And those 4th fucking rounders are just insulting somehow. Like they goddamn matter in a trade of this magnitude.

Ugh - this is just damn disappointing. A late 1st, a mid-2nd and some scraps. Blech.
I don’t think the Jets offer was going to happen. I’m fine with the trade. Just use those picks and the newly gained cap space to build a defense.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 10:53 AM 03-23-2022
Horrible day. I cannot believe this BS. Dude was an absolute game changer.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:53 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Fuck you Brett.
Dorsey never would have allowed this
[Reply]
RunKC 10:53 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just stay put, Brett.

We're taking a step back. That's a foregone conclusion at this point.

So don't get aggressive and go trading for veteran WRs. Don't go packaging 1st round picks and giving up value to get someone 5% better than who you'd get at 29 and 30.

Just sit ****ing still.

Let the draft come to you, take the best player available at any spot anywhere. Recognize that next year may be nasty and it just doesn't goddamn matter.

This just isn't a good enough return to justify keeping your foot on the gas. And those 4th ****ing rounders are just insulting somehow. Like they goddamn matter in a trade of this magnitude.

Ugh - this is just damn disappointing. A late 1st, a mid-2nd and some scraps. Blech.
I can’t blame Brett. This is smart. Dolphins just gave him 4/$120 million.

He’s going to have cap hits of more than $30 million from 2023-2025. Our cap would be fucked and we wouldn’t have the picks to supplement it
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:53 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r:
As a broncos fan happy to see him out of the division. Which also explains the distaste for the trade by you guys. 😁

That said, you guys still have that Mahomes ****er under center and, as much as it pains me to say it, he is a real mother****er to play against. Those picks are gonna give y’all a lot of firepower and flexibility come draft time. Cold comfort for losing a fan favorite but I can sympathize with how y’all feel. Just from one sports fan to another.
True... stings a bit now, but could really pay off long-term.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:53 AM 03-23-2022
This is similar to the "Patriots Way" philosophy... Everyone else in the Conference and Division are trying to catch lightning in a bottle like the Rams and like they do in Baseball. We are in it for the long game and as much as I love Tyreek, paying him that kind of money would have broke us in the long term.
[Reply]
notorious 10:54 AM 03-23-2022
Will Hill go into the HOF a Chief or a Dolphin? /Deberg
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:54 AM 03-23-2022
With the Chiefs picks we have to hope, pray, grab our lucky jock straps, and sacrifice sacred animals that one of the selections is the 2nd coming of Reggie White or it results in the 1974 Steelers draft quality.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:54 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don’t think the Jets offer was going to happen. I’m fine with the trade. Just use those picks and the newly gained cap space to build a defense.
And an offense.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 192
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up